Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Euro 96

dennison11

Reaction score

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched it last night and was a very good watch indeed. I've not followed international football for a while as it just doesn't hold the interest for me anymore but that tournament was one.of my favourites. Always makes me sad to see Gazza the way he is today
It really is. Definitely got to be the tourney that stands out the most in my mind when I was younger.

It got quite emotional seeing Gazza and Adams both admitting they had problems with drink. What a player Gazza was.

Seeing Southgate miss that pen was horrible to see again.

youtube--GWqmqGsTTBI--default--480.jpg

dennison11

Reaction score
It really is. Definitely got to be the tourney that stands out the most in my mind when I was younger.

It got quite emotional seeing Gazza and Adams both admitting they had problems with drink. What a player Gazza was.

Seeing Southgate miss that pen was horrible to see again.

youtube--GWqmqGsTTBI--default--480.jpg
I was a bit too young to remember Italia 90 so Euro 96 was the first time I ever really enjoyed an England international tournament. I had the pleasure of being at the Eng V Scot game as my grandad won 2 tickets to the match. When Gazza scored that goal my grandad got up straight away and said "Right, we're off". Typical Scot :tearsofjoy:

GavW

Groupie
Reaction score

I watched this one yesterday too. It's over a year old so most have probably seen it but really brings the memories back.

I've not been too fussed with international football since the 4-1 World Cup loss to Germany in 2010? But seeing this Euro 96 stuff has certainly got me looking forward to the game tomorrow.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was 7 for italia 90 but remember the cameroon game and gazza in tears against germany. Probably my first real emotions of a football fan was Bobby Robson trying to stay professional when you could tell he wanted to burst out crying when we lost on pens. My first real tournament was euro 96 never known a buzz for england since, the whole country came together but only started to get the buzz when we destroyed the dutch that we could win it. Looking back we had a great team, solid gk and def, flair and solidity in mf, goalscorer in shearer and one of my fav players of all time in sheringham not forgetting the genuis gazza, still hurts we didn't win that tournament it was ours to lose

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
We had tickets to see The Return of the Forbidden Planet on the night of the SF .We were on the front row of the Circle at the Grand and I had a little radio with an earpiece that I dipped into at various times to check the score .
At the encore with everyone dancing and singing I was listening to the penalties .People in the Stalls clocked me and I kept them informed as the penalties progressed .When Germany won I just slumped in my seat as did others .
When we came out to walk to the car people were leaving the pub and the atmosphere was one of major disappointment and in a number of cases anger

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This was the tournament that has me more excited than any others, the world cup previous that we failed to qualify for had sparked my interest in international football ( i was ten in 1990 so whilst i watched the England games i had a passing interest in the other games) watching just about every game i could.
'96 was a different beast, exam year and leaving school combined with the euros in our country was just something on a whole new level.

That game vs the scots i was at a family wedding, a few of us took off to watch the game at a nearby pub and boy was it worth the looks and comments we received when we returned to the reception.

Back
Top Bottom