Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Euro 2012 groups

W

WasStefan

England in group D with Ukraine, France and Sweden.

ROI in group C with Spain, Italy and Croatia.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

FetishWolf

Great group when think what it could have been in groups b & c!

T

TonySoprano

Many off here going? Could be fun and games over there with the Poles.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should welcome us with open arms , like we do when they come here in their thousands !!!!

saturday boy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many off here going? Could be fun and games over there with the Poles.

What do you mean by fun and games? Pitched battles in the street with drunken English hooligans throwing chairs at passers by in the street in their Union Jack T-Shirts singing No-Surrender about whoever the enemy is on any given day.

Those were the days my friend, those were the days.

B

Bathams n Scratchings

Potentially a very tricky group.

France, despite their problems within the squad have some very talented players (Valbuena, Gourcuff, Nasri & Benzema) and played us off the park at Wembley a few months ago.
Sweden always play well against us at tournaments.
Ukraine will have the crowd all behind them as co-hosts and also have some good players after watching Dynamo Kiev last night.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poland thugs "we'll butcher England fans".

All of our group games are in The Ukraine aren't they?

Anyway we've got good group, Group B looks like a nightmare, Group A is ridiculous and I think Ireland have an outside chance of getting through as runners up to spain

D

Dewsburywolf

Group D should be electric = France Ukraine Sweden England

Group C will probably be cold = Italy Croatia Eire Spain

W

wolvo_boi

You want to promote hooliganism, find yourself another forum to do it on.

$$$$ me you are getting worse!!!

Your like a 25 year old Sunday League ref who is whistle happy . . . only became a ref because he was $$$$ at football and always got picked last.

The poster asked a question and stated that it would be fun and games with their lot . . . which it will!!! Wasnt promoting hooliganism at all!!!

Watch my post get edited now and an infraction sent my way!!!

J

Jungleee

$$$$ me you are getting worse!!!

Your like a 25 year old Sunday League ref who is whistle happy . . . only became a ref because he was $$$$ at football and always got picked last.

The poster asked a question and stated that it would be fun and games with their lot . . . which it will!!! Wasnt promoting hooliganism at all!!!

Watch my post get edited now and an infraction sent my way!!!

Not if we quote it!

G

George Berry's Afro

It will be carnage over there and of course we'll get the blame and be kicked out of future tournaments. I'm not saying our lot will be saints but they will be targeted from the off by the Poles. I'm not risking my life.

J

Jungleee

It will be carnage over there and of course we'll get the blame and be kicked out of future tournaments. I'm not saying our lot will be saints but they will be targeted from the off by the Poles. I'm not risking my life.

I don't know. From what I've read the Polish police seem to know what they are doing and using repressive measures against fans etc... They'll definitely be out in force, especially for the higher risk matches.

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone know anywhere decent where you can get good packages to go?

* for the football - not hooliganism

dingle01902

Reaction score
Should welcome us with open arms , like we do when they come here in their thousands !!!!
Everybody who goes make sure you claim all the social security benefit you can, and instead of hotels, rent a house and claim for the rent as well!!

D

Doyler

Ireland suffer a hard group

Spain will be hard. Ireland haven't lost to Italy under Trapattoni drawing twice and winning the other. Ireland also played Croatia very recently and drew 0-0. Tough but not impossible by any means.

306NOTOUT

We had planned to drive to Poland for a couple of games but Donetsk is 2000 miles away so thats blown that

H

Henry's Tackle

Everybody who goes make sure you claim all the social security benefit you can, and instead of hotels, rent a house and claim for the rent as well!!

Wow. Just wow.
Both Sun readers by any chance? Or Daily Mail? Or just pure and simply xenophobic?

Seriously, the lack of intelligence displayed in those two posts there is mind-boggling. I didn't realise that many people actually believed the whole "Coming over here claiming our benefits" tosh.
If you lived in the real world you would realise that of the wave of immigration from Poland in the last few years, the vast vast vast majority of them worked. Usually doing menial jobs that pay well compared to work at home. Usually doing work that many English people feel is beneath them - fruit picking and the like. They paid tax, which benefitted our economy, and many of them went back after a year or so.
In essence, they're bloody hard workers.

So please, do not post your uninformed opinion on here when its clearly lies.

Regarding the Euros, our group is by no means easy but really we should qualify. Sweden is a bit of a banana skin, and France is obviously never easy.
I hope Poland get through, they have a great chance of making the quarters. It will be more difficult for Ukraine/

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You want to promote hooliganism, find yourself another forum to do it on.

I don't think saying "could be fun and games over there with the Poles" is promoting hooliganism at all.
In fact it could be seen as saying the exact opposite i.e. to be careful as it might get a bit nasty.

D

Dewsburywolf

I don't think saying "could be fun and games over there with the Poles" is promoting hooliganism at all.
In fact it could be seen as saying the exact opposite i.e. to be careful as it might get a bit nasty.

Or sharing a mini bus but Asda will have to close

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
England felt they had an "easy" group in the WC. People shouldn't get ahead of themselves. I think to an extent a tougher group might have suited England because there would be less pressure but they've got lucky again & should really go through on paper.

Feel for ROI. Hope they can pull it off though.

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lots of repeated media bull $$$$ here!

You don't play in Poland, but if you did you would feel safe, we are a civilized country and even our fans are a lot lot better than their image in the media. Why? In current political climate in Poland the fans are largely against our government, whereas almost all important Polish media are very pro-go-ernment. I guess the crap reported here is the source for The Sun etc.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lots of repeated media bull $$$$ here!

You don't play in Poland, but if you did you would feel safe, we are a civilized country and even our fans are a lot lot better than their image in the media. Why? In current political climate in Poland the fans are largely against our government, whereas almost all important Polish media are very pro-go-ernment. I guess the crap reported here is the source for The Sun etc.

The media play us against each other and some swallow it hook line and sinker. Divide and rule anyone.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where did I say they didn't work ? I have had the experience of working with them and while I agree they are great agency workers god help you when they get their foot in the door . All I have worked with when they become full time become arrogant, any overtime available should rightfully be there's and no one else's and the lingo of English language is only fully understood when it is of benefit to them. I'd appreciate it if you didn't suggest I'm talking rubbish as I have had first hand experience , you have probably learnt yours in a class room or off a broadsheet newspaper .

M

Mr Wolf

Gutted, I think we all wanted to be in Poland and not Ukraine especially with 2 bloody games in Donetsk.

J

Jonny Bull

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the wall up with our English dead.
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility:
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;
Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;
Let pry through the portage of the head
Like the brass cannon; let the brow o'erwhelm it
As fearfully as doth a galled rock
O'erhang and jutty his confounded base,
Swill'd with the wild and wasteful ocean.
Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide,
Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit
To his full height. On, on, you noblest English.
Whose blood is fet from fathers of war-proof!
Fathers that, like so many Alexanders,
Have in these parts from morn till even fought
And sheathed their swords for lack of argument:
Dishonour not your mothers; now attest
That those whom you call'd fathers did beget you.
Be copy now to men of grosser blood,
And teach them how to war. And you, good yeoman,
Whose limbs were made in England, show us here
The mettle of your pasture; let us swear
That you are worth your breeding; which I doubt not;
For there is none of you so mean and base,
That hath not noble lustre in your eyes.
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Back
Top Bottom