Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Euro 2008 round-up

E

Ettingshall Wolf

What are your thoughts on Euro 2008 now it has finished?

Having managed to catch most of the games, I enjoyed really enjoyed the competition. There were plenty of good matches, and a few great matches (lets forget France v Romania though).

I wondered how much interest it would hold for me without England being there, but I found I enjoyed watching matches without the stress and headache of working out how each result might affect England.

Good points : I thought the refereeing (generally) was good, there were some cracking goals, and it was good to see it wasnt the same old 'favourites' making it through to the last 4. Plus, the best team won it. Good advert for football IMO.

Bad points : Having to listen to Motty and Lorro (Luckily BBCi let you watch BBC1 but listen to 5Live).

J

jbarnettuk1984

It was a good tournament. Most of the matches i caught, kept my attention. No one really grabbed the oppertunity to show the rest of the world what they are capable of - except possibly Arshavin of Russia.

The right team won, although Holland and Russia ran them close on the entertainment value. Hopefully next time the Euro's come around we'll have our home country to support as well!

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a very good tournament and I thought that England would be missed, which actually turned up not to be the case. To the contrary it was pleasing that England were not there, as there were not any fans troubles. This should serve as a lesson to all the english supporters.

Hereford Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its obvious to me that England are not good enough to compete at this level at the moment. We would of been out and on our way home very quickly.

A long way to go....

Sozzled Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its obvious to me that England are not good enough to compete at this level at the moment. We would of been out and on our way home very quickly.

A long way to go....

Not so sure about that. Granted, we wouldn't have been the most attractive team on display, but our defence would have been one of the better ones out there - if not the best.

K

Kenny-11

It was a very good tournament and I thought that England would be missed, which actually turned up not to be the case. To the contrary it was pleasing that England were not there, as there were not any fans troubles. This should serve as a lesson to all the english supporters.

except for the fights on the streets after Germany Poland of course..............

D

dazmanwolf

I think it was one of the best tournaments I've seen in years.

It was all the better for not having to be disappointed by Englands hype and then lack of performance. Sad I know!

Spain were by far the most entertaining team of the tournament for me and I was lucky to be out in Spain and watching it on TV with the natives.

They are serious contenders for the World Cup if they can maintain that style of flowing play again.

I hope we don't have to play against them. ;)

Back
Top Bottom