Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Eric Dier - not dead or linked

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought this merited a discussion on it's own. Talksport are now saying he's facing a lengthy ban and fine after he waded into the crowd last night.
If this was you or I , and we jumped into the away fans and started an altercation , we would get a life ban and possibly a custodial sentence.
A rule for one, and a rule for another ?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair if the guy was abusing 1 of my family members, why not. Hilarious seeing the guy **** himself and run off. Fair play to Dier.
And if the guy had stood and kicked the **** out of Dier? What's the betting that Spuds would have tried to blame him for defending himself when Dier (name and nature) was being an aggressive, irresponsible, testosterone-driven, ****wit?

Last edited:

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can look at this from both sides. Firstly he’s a professional footballer and when he steps into the stadium he must be prepared to be fully focused on the game and the game only. Secondly if someone upsets his family then natural instincts of protection kick in and you do everything you can to help them.
What were the stewards doing when this was happening? And this was supposedly in the vip corporate seats too.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought this merited a discussion on it's own. Talksport are now saying he's facing a lengthy ban and fine after he waded into the crowd last night.
If this was you or I , and we jumped into the away fans and started an altercation , we would get a life ban and possibly a custodial sentence.
Be it in the home or away fans any fan caught doing that would be in the ****. Too many footballers are over-indulged, egotistical, spoilt brats!

Last edited:
S

ShropshireLad

And this incident comes exactly 25 years after Eric Cantona gob-smacked a BNP and NF supporting gob-****e of a Palace fan! :cool:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can look at this from both sides. Firstly he’s a professional footballer and when he steps into the stadium he must be prepared to be fully focused on the game and the game only. Secondly if someone upsets his family then natural instincts of protection kick in and you do everything you can to help them.
What were the stewards doing when this was happening? And this was supposedly in the vip corporate seats too.
I agree the stewards and/or the police should have dealt with any alleged abuse

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And if the guy had stood and kicked the **** out of Dier? What's the betting that Spuds would have tried to blame him for defending himself when Dier (name and nature) was being an aggressive irresponsible testosterone-driven ****wit?

If he had stood their and kicked the shot outta Dier, that would have been pretty amusing too in all honesty.

People should be prepared to back up their talk. If you ain't about it, then leave it out. That's for either party involved.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he had stood their and kicked the shot outta Dier, that would have been pretty amusing too in all honesty.

People should be prepared to back up their talk. If you ain't about it, then leave it out. That's for either party involved.
To be clear, l'm no fan of mouthy ****s either...

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's the fastest I saw Dier move last night.
I suggest after his ban he focuses on his performance. Been poor for a long time.
Regardless of what someone says you can't do what Dier did.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
He can only have seen something because I doubt he would have heard anything but even then he was wrong

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I'm sorry if my family was being abused by some ***** I would want to wade in and smash the ****, its instinct. I dont buy this professional footballer ****e hes human.
How would he have known they were being abused because I doubt he would have heard an individual spouting off,he must have seen something and even then how did he know what actually happened?

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are footballers and fans treated differently? The most obvious reason I would suggest is money. Players are assets worth a hell of a lot more money to clubs than your average fan.

Look at the recent cases of racism. One person gets a four-year ban from football and an indefinite ban from attending the fixtures of the club he supports. A Leeds player gets an eight-match ban.

Money makes hypocrites of people, and football administrators are no different.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sorry if my family was being abused by some ***** I would want to wade in and smash the ****, its instinct. I dont buy this professional footballer ****e hes human.
So what, hypothetically, if Dier's brother had actually caused the incident to start? Players get treated differently - most clowns advancing aggressively like that would be grabbed by stewards or the police for a start - and therefore are obliged to behave differently.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t understand how he knew specifically what was happening 20 rows back from the pitch, to take such strong action

Was his brother texting him while he was on the bench?

Wierd.

If it was gut instinct then incredibly stupid and he deserves a ban. He probably thought ‘**** it, I only miss the end of mourinho at spurs anyway’

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t understand how he knew specifically what was happening 20 rows back from the pitch, to take such strong action

Was his brother texting him while he was on the bench?

Wierd.

If it was gut instinct then incredibly stupid and he deserves a ban. He probably thought ‘**** it, I only miss the end of mourinho at spurs anyway’
I think, if Mourinho is there for long, he will try to move Dire on.... He has been stealing a living for at least two seasons. If that is what the Spuds fan was saying he was damn right.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think, if Mourinho is there for long, he will try to move Dire on.... He has been stealing a living for at least two seasons. If that is what the Spuds fan was saying he was damn right.

I thought it was odd how JM was singing his praises AFTER the game on Sunday

Mrs E

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spurs fans thinking making him play the rest of the season would be more punishment than banning him!

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot of false equivalences there.

As a fan we pay to watch the 22 players kick the ball around.
We are only allowed entry to the stand we have a ticket for. Not the pitch, not the dressing room.
Whilst I wouldn't want to encourage players doing what Dier did, as an employee of the club he has a lot more right to go into the stand at the end of the game than any of us have to be on the pitch.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mourinho was interested in signing Dier when he was at Man Utd apparently

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot of false equivalences there.

As a fan we pay to watch the 22 players kick the ball around.
We are only allowed entry to the stand we have a ticket for. Not the pitch, not the dressing room.
Whilst I wouldn't want to encourage players doing what Dier did, as an employee of the club he has a lot more right to go into the stand at the end of the game than any of us have to be on the pitch.
Pull that stunt with the wrong person in Tottenham and he will have a knife stuck in his torso...

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t get how he could have known his brother was getting abuse from that far back.

D

Deleted member 3545

If family members or players don't like what they hear from fans around them then the players should pay for the their family to be in boxes or in the players family enclosure.
Like its been mentioned be different if the fan stood his ground and kicked the **** out of Dier.
Now you know that fans are going to give Dier dogs abuse

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If family members or players don't like what they hear from fans around them then the players should pay for the their family to be in boxes or in the players family enclosure.
Like its been mentioned be different if the fan stood his ground and kicked the **** out of Dier.
Now you know that fans are going to give Dier dogs abuse
His family were in the VIP seats from what I have read.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spurs form nose-dived massively when he was out for a year.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw a great quote referring to Dier form after the match on Sunday

“You can’t spell ‘disaster’ without starting with DI and ending ER”

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pull that stunt with the wrong person in Tottenham and he will have a knife stuck in his torso...

Doubt those types of local characters would be in the VIP seats alongside family members at the new Spurs stadium to be fair. He was safe in the knowledge that this was somebody he could probably take, being an athlete.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doubt those types of local characters would be in the VIP seats alongside family members at the new Spurs stadium to be fair. He was safe in the knowledge that this was somebody he could probably take, being an athlete.
You haven't seen the bling lifestyle some of those characters live...

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing is certain, twenty five years after Cantona's kung-fu kick, supporters attending games still don't realise that they don't have the right to abuse players.

Supporters may 'pay their money' but they don't have the right to abuse anyone. Imagine doing the same to actors in the theatre or band members at concert or anyone anywhere else. You'd get kicked out and the police would be called.

Back
Top Bottom