Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

England U21's

scrufftyguy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Both Iorfa and Hause start for U21's against Switzerland. Game just about to start on BT Sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndyP

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cheers for the heads up. To start with the worst national anthem efforts ive ever seen!

AndyP

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They both look pretty good. I think we'll struggle to keep hold of Hause in particular the longer we wait for a new owner.

Demarai gray also looking good

scrufftyguy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thought Hause has looked pretty tidy except for the one error where he needlessly gave the ball away. Iorfa has looked good going forward, not much to do defensively.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought Hause has looked pretty tidy except for the one error where he needlessly gave the ball away. Iorfa has looked good going forward, not much to do defensively.

He's nearly had 2 assists Hause.

SellyWolf

Reaction score
Given a good run and barring injury, I think Hause could turn out to be a top player. I'd be looking at a centre back partnership of him and Williamson next season and feeling pretty positive about that...

In reality, I expect we will see him shoehorned out to left back so that Batth and Williamson can play in the middle

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They both look pretty good. I think we'll struggle to keep hold of Hause in particular the longer we wait for a new owner.

Demarai gray also looking good

Think your right I saw rumours in the papers a few months back that Palace were interested.With the new tv deal it's won't be so much keeping hold of them but getting the right fee and replacement lined up.

binners

Reaction score
Thought I saw something a few months back that Everton were sniffing around.

D

Deleted member 4436

Thought I saw something a few months back that Everton were sniffing around.

Lots of money buzzing around the in the PL and new investment into Everton will probably mean they can take a few 4-6 million pound gambles on potential.

Question is, can Wolves engage and excite these youngsters long enough to create enough of them and challenge for promotion. Superb if we can. Not convinced yet. This Summer will be very telling.

D

Deleted member 4436

Re: Centre Back partnership

Williamson and Hause for me. Every time. Hause's biggest weakness, I feel, is his poor decision making; similar to a John Stones I guess.

Williamson can develop Hause and improve his decision making - when to play.

Struggling to see how Batth can improve his on-ball ability after spending a few seasons in the team.

In time I would have loved to see Iorfa more centrally. Perhaps at CB or DM, given his ability to stride forward.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think your right I saw rumours in the papers a few months back that Palace were interested.With the new tv deal it's won't be so much keeping hold of them but getting the right fee and replacement lined up.
If we are to have decent footballers at this club we must expect they will be sought out by other clubs. This is why it is so important to bring in the right manager and coaches to give these lads the incentive to stay.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd happily cash in on both of good fee

Yup good plan especially when our recruitment department is so effective in finding replacements as with Sako and Dicko. Let's also sell Jordan Graham as fast as possible and Jack Price.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yup good plan especially when our recruitment department is so effective in finding replacements as with Sako and Dicko. Let's also sell Jordan Graham as fast as possible and Jack Price.
Your absolutely right and selling them for what would be peanuts compared to the money in the big league makes so much sense.:rolleyes:

M

MattySadler

I like Hause a lot, and I think given the lack of left-sided English centre halves at the moment, he could be quite in demand. I'd love Arsenal to sign him.

I like Iorfa as well but I think if he wants to make it at the top level as a right back he needs to show more quality in the final third.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Hause a lot, and I think given the lack of left-sided English centre halves at the moment, he could be quite in demand. I'd love Arsenal to sign him.

I like Iorfa as well but I think if he wants to make it at the top level as a right back he needs to show more quality in the final third.

They both looked more than comfortable against the swiss, Hause particularly I think will be quality in a couple of years and Iorfa looked like his old self, maybe playing in a side that don't hoof it helped.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Hause will go a long way and is the better of the two. I don't think we will be able to hold on to them for more than a season or so but fortunately I think Odofin looks to have all the attributes to step up sooner rather than later. He certainly looks strong enough. I don't know whether it will be at right back or centre half but I think he will come through to replace one of them at least.

M

MattySadler

The state of young, English defenders is appalling. The days of producing another Tony Adams or John Terry are getting further and further away. Players like Iorfa and Hause are like gold dust at the moment.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
I think John Stones will be a superb player for years to come. He's not quite there yet, and the media bashing him won't help. It's very typical of the English press to bang on for years about the need for a ball playing centre half, then when we produce one, criticising him for mistakes.

As for Hause, he's improved massively this season, such a shame he got that injury when he did. I think he'll be playing Premier League football in a couple of years time, whether that's with Wolves or not. I watched the England U21 game, and he was by far the best defender. I think as fans we need to be patient with him. That style of centre half will always take risks, and they won't always come off, but when you look at what he brings to the team, it's absolutely worth sticking with him.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think John Stones will be a superb player for years to come. He's not quite there yet, and the media bashing him won't help. It's very typical of the English press to bang on for years about the need for a ball playing centre half, then when we produce one, criticising him for mistakes.

As for Hause, he's improved massively this season, such a shame he got that injury when he did. I think he'll be playing Premier League football in a couple of years time, whether that's with Wolves or not. I watched the England U21 game, and he was by far the best defender. I think as fans we need to be patient with him. That style of centre half will always take risks, and they won't always come off, but when you look at what he brings to the team, it's absolutely worth sticking with him.

Yes very much agree. The likes of Iorfa and Hause can lift us to the Premiership if the club show intent for promotion and provide the necessary support financially. But time is running out. Another poor second division season and they will both be off. In fact even this summer bids are bound to come in which may destabilise them. As with Lescott, when the club fails abysmally to show any ambition their better players leave sooner rather than later and the culture of mediocrity continues on and on and on.

Back
Top Bottom