Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Edwards: 'The team have let TC down'

O

OCD Wolf

They are spinning Connor the job, nothing will radically change at Molineux.
The 2Ms will cozy up with TC, one or two players will leave.
The football will be the same.
We'll take the parachute payments and stagnate in the Championship for a decade.

F

FLEET WOLF

We'll take the parachute payments and stagnate in the Championship for a decade.

That might happen, but Morgan is aware that attendances will plummet and he won't want that happening.

wolf of sedgley

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They want TC to stay because they know another manager with half a clue will chuck the likes of Edwards out of the door.

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So they have let TC down they also let Mick down what next

D

dazmanwolf

TC has made training 'easier' it seems!

I guess the players like a day of slack training instead of proper training.

S

SaleWolf

Of course they want to keep Connor. Its an easy life for them all, no changes, same old training if not easier and a lack of disclipline.

They're all petrified of a new manager coming in and realising that most of them are not good enough and getting rid.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I always thought that alluded more to the fact that McCarthy made them train with shin pads which a lot of the players frowned upon and is something which doesn't happen at a lot of clubs. It's no wonder we acquire so many injuries. I recall one of our better players getting injured a couple of seasons ago after a challenge by Charlie Mulgrew and MM applauded Mulgrew for it, or at least spoke highly of him in the press despite it putting one of our better players out for a crucial run in! Think it may have been Kightly come to think of it.

E

Essex Wolf

The players may have let the managers down but Morgan has let the whole club and all connected with it down.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do not make the same mistake again Morgan and appoint Connor!
These are the same players that were so delighted when we appointed him after Mick was sacked now look at us! Thanks but no thanks.

L

liquidatorwolf

Of course they have. TC has been unfairly vilified. The least they can do now is stay and bring us the $$$$ back up.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The team have let TC down.

But to be fair, in the same position again half the players would do exactly the same.

Jarvis, Kightly Henry and Davis seem to have been the only players that have given a $$$$ the past few games! The likes of O hara and Johnson and Bassong and Doyle would still manage to $$$$ it up and put in minimial effort.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lets see how many of these players really are sorry and are prepared to stay with us next season to get us back up!

F

FLEET WOLF

Lets see how many of these players really are sorry and are prepared to stay with us next season to get us back up!

Good point. Only those who know, deep down, they are not good enough for the PL.

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good point. Only those who know, deep down, they are not good enough for the PL.

You're probably (and sadly)quite right there-so if they stay loyal they are ipso facto second rate and if they're truly quality then they will leave.So we can't win can we!!

B

Bankswolf II

I am going on sunday to watch Connors last game managing us

And I intend to make it the last game I see Connor coaching us despite what the players think

T

Tettenhall Wolf

I fear that these media interviews are a little more than just the players thoughts off the cuff.

Is Jez spinning this to try to get us used to the idea?

Personally think, whereas TC has perhaps got some fight back in the squad, the fact that we went 4-1 down is also a concern, not just that we got back to 4-4.

I think we need a clear out and a new man at the helm.

Players probably support the idea of TC as manmager because they:

1) Feel guilty at last about being crap all season,
2) They genuinely feel TC is the man to take us forward, but probably more realistically is one or a combination of:

3) That they see it as better the devil you know and finally,
4) Jez telling them to get this mesage out

To be honest we do not really need to hear anything now until the season is finished. Then I wan to see some comments from Steve and then an announcement about the new managmeent structure with appointments.

The rest is all guff or spin.

O

OCD Wolf

What have Wolves board done in the past?

a) Thought long term about how to produce entertaining, successful football with a succession plan, players developing and realising their potential under and inspiring newmanager with fresh ideas

or

b) taken the cheapest, most spineless, lowest hassle, 'better the devil you know', 'continuity', can't be bothered to change anything really - the fans will suck up any BS approach.

For what happens next, I am going for b) based on past evidence (including; Burrda, the Egg, pie and a pint) and the obvious spin coming from Molineux.

I have no doubt that Connor will be manager as we kick off next season.

E

Essex Wolf

That will be the real test of their loyalty and commitment.

That said some I'll be more than happy to see leave. Just hope those that go are the ones no longer needed.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You're a realist and this is most likely what will happen, oh the joys of being a Wolves fan!

UEAwolf

Reaction score
The Chelsea players have said that training under RDM is 'easier'. I don't take that to mean it is any less strenuous or 'a doss', but that they enjoy the training sessions.

We may sneer and say that they should be hating it and working themselves to the bone in order to repay for their poor performances, but there's a lot to be said about enjoying what you do.

It does seem that a lot of players are happy with Terry. The style of football has improved compared to how it was - we can see that on the pitch with more short passes and less hoofballs (although still too many).

It would be interesting to see whether this view of TC is shared by the majority of the players rather than the usual suspects - if it is, then I think there is a valid argument for keeping him on next season.

O

OCD Wolf

Just a shame they aren't being trained well enough or just aren't good enough to win matches for their beloved TC.

Easy life, take the money...

geowolf

Reaction score

To be fair the players look a lot fitter in terms of upper body strength and quickness. If you remember how we got knocked off the ball by Fulham when we tried to pass it around, and compare that with the City game. Maybe it's just the case that training is now different, and putting the emphasis on the fitness required for more of a passing, controlled game.

H

Hatch End

See................the plot is working, already some Molimix members are getting taken in by the illusory "improvement".

Clippo for permanent manager.................Moxey is loving this!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
See................the plot is working, already some Molimix members are getting taken in by the illusory "improvement".

I'm not falling for this load of $$$$e. Moxey and Morgan can stick it where the sun dont shine if they appoint Connor!

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Terry Connor and a new assistant or spending millions buying Poyet out of his contract or hundreds of thousand buying Ferguson Jr out of his?

I would give serious consideration to the former. I'm unconvinced with both Poyet and Ferguson Jr.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Terry Connor and a new assistant or spending millions buying Poyet out of his contract or hundreds of thousand buying Ferguson Jr out of his?

I would give serious consideration to the former. I'm unconvinced with both Poyet and Ferguson Jr.

Sorry but Connor needs to go. A new manager is certainly required along with new coaching staff. Connor is simply not a manager and never will be.

geowolf

Reaction score

I just don't get this view that Moxey is wanting Connor as manager. Ever since the Fulham game he's distanced himself and surprise surprise it's Connor who's become the focus of fan anger leaving M&M with quite an easy ride given the mess they made of replacing Mick. Come the end of season they can shovel all the **** onto Connor and put in place some new saviour. The thing that's going wrong for them is that the team is actually showing some signs of playing quite well, and have stopped looking like a throwback to the 1980s. There are managers I'd much prefer to Connor (eg Poyet) but there are also people I'd despair if we gave them the job (eg Ferguson) and would much prefer a Connor/Dof set-up.

M

Metro Wolf 2007

I just don't get this view that Moxey is wanting Connor as manager. Ever since the Fulham game he's distanced himself and surprise surprise it's Connor who's become the focus of fan anger leaving M&M with quite an easy ride given the mess they made of replacing Mick. Come the end of season they can shovel all the **** onto Connor and put in place some new saviour. The thing that's going wrong for them is that the team is actually showing some signs of playing quite well, and have stopped looking like a throwback to the 1980s. There are managers I'd much prefer to Connor (eg Poyet) but there are also people I'd despair if we gave them the job (eg Ferguson) and would much prefer a Connor/Dof set-up.

Even if Megson is DoF ? The ex Stokies together again ?

Japan Wulf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The fans have been collectively been let down by all at the club. You can pick the carcass to pieces but that truth will remain. Of course, leaving it at that would make Mol Mix a boring place so I guess we'll continue to apportion blame as the mood takes. But I'll say it again, it's collective.

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shows just how low we have gone if anyone is seriously considering TC as manager. So far we've accumulated 3 points from 11 games, over the course of the season this would beat Derby's record low points total of 11 points in a season. Yes, he's made us competitive, but we're not some tin pot club, this is the same group of players who accumulated 40 points last season.

The man has been an absolute disaster and if he's anywhere near our club next season it shows the culture of accepting 2nd best and being as cheap as possible will continue.

D

Deleted member 3518

Shows just how low we have gone if anyone is seriously considering TC as manager. So far we've accumulated 3 points from 11 games, over the course of the season this would beat Derby's record low points total of 11 points in a season. Yes, he's made us competitive, but we're not some tin pot club, this is the same group of players who accumulated 40 points last season.

The man has been an absolute disaster and if he's anywhere near our club next season it shows the culture of accepting 2nd best and being as cheap as possible will continue.

If only he was 2nd best he may be acceptable, appointing TC would be a disaster on so many levels, but I share the fear that this is a distinct possibility.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we are a microcosm of the thoughts of all Wolves fans I am getting very seriously worried that their is a definite warming on here to the idea of TC as boss? Please God let this not be so. We hounded Bruce out of the job in February but I'd rather have 100 Steve Bruce's to TC. At least he is a manager! Let's once and for all put this foolish notion to bed - TC will never be our manager. He's completely useless (nice guy etc etc) but he is one of the architects of this season's disasters on the pitch and should be shown the door come 6pm on Sunday week.

Back
Top Bottom