Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Early Odds for next season

B

Brandons gramps

Obviously these odds will change dependant on the two play off finals but Paddy Power have us at 10-1, with Bolton (yes Bolton) and Leicester at 9-1 !

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leicester and Leeds are far too short.
We're a completely unknown quantity so I wouldn't put us in the top 2 favourites.
Bolton likewise.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too early to predict anything, but I genuinely think that if we can keep a hold of our better players and get rid of the controversial players like Roger Johnson for example we could storm the Championship.

bimble

Reaction score
Worth a quick tenner at 10-1 cos the odds are only going to get shorter.

dane

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leicester and Leeds are far too short.
We're a completely unknown quantity so I wouldn't put us in the top 2 favourites.
Bolton likewise.

Leeds have Warnock in charge who has a very good record at getting clubs out of this division so no surprise they're amongst the favourites, and Leicester have plenty of money which is always a help to get out of this league.

Will all change if West Ham miss out in the play-offs though as they'll be clear favourites

D

Deleted member 3751

I'll be having a bit of us at 10-1. Good odds i reckon.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can get 12-1 for us elsewhere. It's an excellent price when one considers that it will almost certainly fall before the season, allowing for a profitable trade off.

Leeds may have Warnock - and I expect him to recruit 'club Warnock' in the summer (Clint Hill, Derry, Kabba etc.) but those odds are only so low because of the Leeds name.

Leicester are just 1990s Wolves - as they showed last season. They have money but they'll need a lot of quality signings to make them the best team in the division. Even if they made all of these new signings, they'd take time to form an effective outfit. They will go up eventually (90% of sides with money inevitably do) but they're far too short now.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These odds you`re talking about, are they for promotion or the other thing that begins with R.? :D

Just checking.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were no where near favourites to go down last year. And look where that got us

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These odds will have changed onced clubs start doing their transfer business over the summer. Still cant believe the idiots have Bolton and Leicester ahead of us though.

dane

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These odds will have changed onced clubs start doing their transfer business over the summer. Still cant believe the idiots have Bolton and Leicester ahead of us though.

Bolton finished 11 points clear of us this season, nothing idiotic about them being ahead of us in the odds given neither of us have signed or sold anyone yet. Leicester a little harder to understand but as I said above, they have plenty of money and have already started spending it by snapping up a couple of Man Utd's kids.

P

professor_fate

I see us below the teams to mis promotion this year as they are already operating at the current budget and haven't lost any players - we are sure to lose one or more big players we have.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see us below the teams to mis promotion this year as they are already operating at the current budget and haven't lost any players - we are sure to lose one or more big players we have.

The odds take this into account, otherwise Blackburn and Bolton would be incredibly short.

I maintain that our odds will fall though. I'm not claiming that we're a shoe-in for the title or anything, just that they'll fall between now and the beginning of the season

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Haven't we been managing our finances well whilst in the premiership? We also have parachute payments? If we lose 'big' players we'll lose big wages too. We can also buy lots of players with all of this dosh?

Or am I missing something? :confused:

wolvesandbooze

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Leeds have Warnock in charge who has a very good record at getting clubs out of this division so no surprise they're amongst the favourites, and Leicester have plenty of money which is always a help to get out of this league.

Will all change if West Ham miss out in the play-offs though as they'll be clear favourites
I'd imagine if West Ham fail in the play offs, which I think they will, will be totally screwed financially

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd imagine if West Ham fail in the play offs, which I think they will, will be totally screwed financially

It looks like they've gambled big time keep hold of some very high earners, Cole, whilst managing to sign 10 strikers for decent sums...

Their parachute payments drop next year I think and surely they can't sustain what they are with an even smaller income than this year.

Back
Top Bottom