Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Early Bird Season Ticket Sales

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
14, 375 Season Tickets for next season under the "Early Bird" offer. Amazed it's that high to be honest.

Still quite a significant number down on last seasons total figure, but not really bad considering the season we've gone through.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
14, 375 Season Tickets for next season under the "Early Bird" offer. Amazed it's that high to be honest.

Still quite a significant number down on last seasons total figure, but not really bad considering the season we've gone through.

When the Early Bird closed last year the figure was just under 14,800,so all things considered it's excellent.If you equate it in round figures,2000 extra tickets at £400 a timr comes to around £800,000.All good news.

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Add 1 to 2K for wolves fans walk ins and 1 to 2 k for away followers, we should be looking at approx 20K averages id imagine for next season

S

SimplyTheWolves

start winning and we will be 24/25 k easy

Yep! Get some exciting players in and play some decent football, go on a few long winning runs, kids for a quid and we're on the road to sell outs. No I'm not joking it is possible, if you think about it we're almost halfway there already.

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep! Get some exciting players in and play some decent football, go on a few long winning runs, kids for a quid and we're on the road to sell outs. No I'm not joking it is possible, if you think about it we're almost halfway there already.

A proper run of wins and some sensible standard pricing, with a healthy dose of family deals etc should see attendances in the mid to high twenties fairly quickly.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Add 1 to 2K for wolves fans walk ins and 1 to 2 k for away followers, we should be looking at approx 20K averages id imagine for next season

14k + 2k +2k = 20k?

Either way, i think it will be lower than 20k average. last time this happened was 1990/91. Over the last 2 years its been 28k...so doing a decent job at loosing a lot of our customers...but hey...were a well run club.

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A proper run of wins and some sensible standard pricing, with a healthy dose of family deals etc should see attendances in the mid to high twenties fairly quickly.

Not a chance. Unless Wolves do family deals at every other match, I imagine there will be quite a few games against clubs with little away following that will struggle to reach att of 18,000.

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a chance. Unless Wolves do family deals at every other match, I imagine there will be quite a few games against clubs with little away following that will struggle to reach att of 18,000.

Well, we've had a tiered pricing system in the PL. Why not do the same in the Championship? I'm sure when the likes of Leeds, Birmingham, Cardiff come to town with large away supports - there'll be a much healthier appetite for tickets and prices should be higher than for Barnsley and Peterborough (for which there should be promotions in place).

I do share your sentiments though. It tends not to be the Wolves way. Prices will be high until such a point that the powers that be realise that attendances are being affected by it and there'll do some "4 games for £100" deal.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score

Unless we are doing really well.

J

JR's Boots

If the club had extended the early bird until the end of July and done away with the counterproductive DD charge, we could have got 16K + season ticket sales.

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the club had extended the early bird until the end of July and done away with the counterproductive DD charge, we could have got 16K + season ticket sales.

And two more lifelong fans...:D

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've had gates of 17/18,000 in the past. Colin Lee era especially.

loopy lupine

Reaction score

Really? so £4 a month, less than £1 a week is putting people off buying by DD?

People have had plenty of opportunity to purchase season tickets at the EB price, extending any longer won't make much difference.

loopy lupine

Reaction score
Either way, i think it will be lower than 20k average. last time this happened was 1990/91. Over the last 2 years its been 28k...so doing a decent job at loosing a lot of our customers...but hey...were a well run club.

The last time what happened?

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

People have had plenty of opportunity to purchase season tickets at the EB price, extending any longer won't make much difference.

Extending it any longer would mean the end of the early bird $$$$$$$$.

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

No, that is cobblers - we do not want to be ripped off by ludicrous charges any longer.

Our S/T in the J/I is a large £436, the club wants us to pay £98 to give them cash.

Stop shafting us, and give us a chance to support our team!

SuperTigerWolf

Reaction score
No, that is cobblers - we do not want to be ripped off by ludicrous charges any longer. And expect free credit..............

Our S/T in the J/I is a large £436, the club wants us to pay £98 to give them cash.

And expect free credit..............

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, that is cobblers - we do not want to be ripped off by ludicrous charges any longer.

You've got your own thread on this subject. Go dig that up.

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agreed.

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmmm, how is it free credit paying for something we haven't had?

Granted, if we had been to the first few games and then paid by DD, that would be a credit agreement.

We want to support OUR club, seemingly they don't want us to. Villa, Albion, etc are bending over backuuds to retain their fans and attract new 'uns.

Wolves don't seem to give a toss.

This ain't Miami Dolphins - this is Wolverhampton Wanderers

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Burton, I would quite happily have a drink with you any time old son, but I will not give in until my club is back where it was supposed to be.

Something for all of us.

SuperTigerWolf

Reaction score

Granted, if we had been to the first few games and then paid by DD, that would be a credit agreement.

We want to support OUR club, seemingly they don't want us to. Villa, Albion, etc are bending over backuuds to retain their fans and attract new 'uns.

Because you want to spread your payments, therefore paying later than others. That's not free credit?

J

Jameswwfc

Well with this deadline you don't start paying until 30th july so you'll of only paid one payment by the time the season starts.

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because you want to spread your payments, therefore paying later than others. That's not free credit?

No, I haven't been to the match by the time the first payment is taken.

Well with this deadline you don't start paying until 30th july so you'll of only paid one payment by the time the season starts.

So that is not an advance to the club???

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I want to give the club our money so we can support our team.
MY club wants to charge me extra.

It's called taking the $$$$.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What was our season ticket sales number at the end of 03-04 season? The summer we got relegated back to the Championship first time round. I could have sworn it was well over this figure. Either way still very good numbers.

J

Jameswwfc

I want to give the club our money so we can support our team.
MY club wants to charge me extra.

It's called taking the $$$$.

I don't want to give the club any money at all, unfortunately i want to watch wolves every week so i have to pay what they ask.
Can i just ask why you never just paid the lump sum straight away, as you did have 12 months to save for it from march 2011.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Burton, I would quite happily have a drink with you any time old son, but I will not give in until my club is back where it was supposed to be.

Something for all of us.

All I'm saying is that you started a thread about Direct Debits which we debated for 5 pages so don't start moaning on here as well. If you want to carry on dig that one up. I'll always go for a pint anyone that knows me knows that.

R

reanswolf

Super Tigerwolf go and check the Direct debit thread before defending the club, nevertheless really pleased this many extra have bought ST's, and the good thing is for those that have not yet done so, if they choose to do so (depending on whether they see good intentions on behalf of the club in the transfer market), the adult cheapest ST is not a $$$$takeable £528, its a hundred pounds less at £425. So as it is, not quite so far out of reach of ordinary people.

Please do NOT return to tiered pricing Wolves (as some eejut suggested). We want to see Molineux hit 30,000 if we are doing well, for the top games.

I think we could sell another 2000 at this early bird price if waverers wanted to see a few good purchases first, but understand the club not wanting the ground as full as possible - you do have to balance the interests of early birders in fairness.

SuperTigerWolf

Reaction score
Super Tigerwolf go and check the Direct debit thread before defending the club, nevertheless really pleased this many extra have bought ST's, and the good thing is for those that have not yet done so, if they choose to do so (depending on whether they see good intentions on behalf of the club in the transfer market), the adult cheapest ST is not a $$$$takeable £528, its a hundred pounds less at £425. So as it is, not quite so far out of reach of ordinary people.

Please do NOT return to tiered pricing Wolves (as some eejut suggested). We want to see Molineux hit 30,000 if we are doing well, for the top games.

I think we could sell another 2000 at this early bird price if waverers wanted to see a few good purchases first, but understand the club not wanting the ground as full as possible - you do have to balance the interests of early birders in fairness.

Oh thanks for that advice, actually I've read it and its mostly.............................

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All I'm saying is that you started a thread about Direct Debits which we debated for 5 pages so don't start moaning on here as well. If you want to carry on dig that one up. I'll always go for a pint anyone that knows me knows that.

Burton, I just responded to a thread on MM.

I will no longer pander to your Moxey-lite attutude, you are clearly happy with the way things are.

However, I will not give up on MY club.

We are WOLVES, but I guess you forgot that and are happy to be trampled all over by someone with no 'Wolves DNA'.

SuperTigerWolf

Reaction score
...........too close to the truth for your liking?:p

The truth is I pay for my car insurance monthly by DD, this costs more than if I paid up front, but it suits me. I also have a Barclaycard which I pay interest on. I'm happy with both of these arrangements I don't regard it as the fault of anyone else, or lambast those in charge of either.

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The truth is I pay for my car insurance monthly by DD, this costs more than if I paid up front, but it suits me. I also have a Barclaycard which I pay interest on. I'm happy with both of these arrangements I don't regard it as the fault of anyone else, or lambast those in charge of either.

There is no truth.
I am happy that you think it's a reasonable deal I suspect Jeff is chuffed that people just cough up without question.

J

Jameswwfc

There is no truth.
I am happy that you think it's a reasonable deal I suspect Jeff is chuffed that people just cough up without question.

Why don't you pay for it in one lump sum then?

Back
Top Bottom