Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Early Bird and Wolves Mastercard

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am probably guilty of not reading all the bumpf in Jez' annual begging letter but here goes...

Last year I took up the offer of the Wolves Mastercard to buy my Early Bird as the 6 month free credit offer was a useful way of spreading the cost without taking a big hit in the current account.

I thought that will come in handy in future years for purchasing the EB.

This year, I logged into my online ticket purchasing account to get my EB, I inputted my Wolves Mastercard number.

Job's a good'un.

However, my bill came on Monday and I noticed it states that the 0% free credit is only available on direct purchases from the ticket office and NOT internet sales.

I'm a tad $$$$ed off to say the least!

I have scoured the renewal pack and I cannot find this clause mentioned anywhere.

Funny the letter arrives the Monday after the deadline has passed meaning I can now do bugger all about it.

I phoned them yesterday, the girl said she would get one of her manager's to call me.

They didn't.

So I rang again this morning, another girl (this time with a Wolverhampton accent rather than a foreign one) said she would, erm, get her manager to call me.

She rang a bit later to say she forgot to ask my account number. I told it to her and she said she would speak to her manager and call me 'later'.

Anyway, still waiting...

Anyone else bought their EB online with the Wolves Card and had the same problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
wish i'd seen this earlier. i could have mentioned it.
email the club and see what response you get and keep us informed.

B

Breeeeeeen

I've emailed the club this evening about this very subject.

I've looked through the paperwork I had in my Early Bird pack and cant seem to find a quote where it states:

"0% interest free credit is only available on direct purchases from the ticket office and NOT internet sales"

At the end of the day what difference is there between processing via post or online its still purchasing the same item is it not?

I'll let you know what response I get?

W

wolves_gal

To be fair Wolves are usually pretty good with this, so they should help you out.

But if not, dont you have 10 days to cancel the payment? At least threaten to take this action, you wont be surprised what they do to keep your £400

A

arthur williams

Sorry but I saw that you wouldnt get the Interest Free option if you booked on line, so I think it is down to you not the credit facility. Dont think you have a case

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My expereince of trying to get a Wolves card were farcical.The openinf offer was a feee club shop voucher, but they knew nothing about this on the phone on 2 seperate occasions, and ended up being totally unhelpful, did not return calls as promised and were did not give confidence. I withdrew my application.

T

tatlor

I took out a wolves mastercard with the early bird offer last season but had so many problems with them I paid the balance before the 6 months and ripped the card up.

T

The Vicar

I took out a wolves mastercard with the early bird offer last season but had so many problems with them I paid the balance before the 6 months and ripped the card up.

Same here. It took them 6 weeks to set up a direct debit and then they had to cheek to try and charge me when the first bill wasn't paid.

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry but I saw that you wouldnt get the Interest Free option if you booked on line, so I think it is down to you not the credit facility. Dont think you have a case

Where did you see this?

I have looked through everything I have and the first mention of it I find is on the new statement which was sent out on Friday (Early Bird Deadline Day) and reached me on Monday.

T

thekentwolf

I have only just noticed this, as I also paid online rather than at the ticket office. I have rang Wolves mastercard this evening and I have been assured that I will not be paying any interest for 6 months the season ticket purchase.

B

Breeeeeeen

I've found were it is.... in the application form for the card that was with the EB package.

I've not had a reply to my email yet, but I'll keep you informed

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have only just noticed this, as I also paid online rather than at the ticket office. I have rang Wolves mastercard this evening and I have been assured that I will not be paying any interest for 6 months the season ticket purchase.

I have just spent 20 minutes on the phone to Wolves Mastercard for the 3rd time this week, they said that the offer DOESN'T apply to me, I argued so he went back to his supervisor.

They have now told me to contact Wolves ticket office.

Why is everything connected to Wolves a bleedin farce!

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
just spoken to the ticket office and they say there is 'nothing they can do', she advised me to put it into writing and send to Customer Services at the club.

Thekentwolf... how did you get a satisfactory outcome? I'm certainly not!

M

Malicious Steve

I'll also chip in and say I found the phone operators most uhelpful about the Mastercard when I had a problem- the ticket office however I have always found to be very good - if you can get through...

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just done one of my letters, I'm pretty good at letter writing and normally get results but I can't help feeling I'm fighting a losing battle here.

Apparently the reason it doesn't apply to online sales is their software doesn't recognise the difference between the Wolves card and other cards :rolleyes:

B

Breeeeeeen

I had a call back today ref my email to the club and I've been told there is nothing they can do

S

shafted wolf

this is very typical of the way wolves operate imo. YOU ALL SHOULD NO BETTER!!

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had a call back today ref my email to the club and I've been told there is nothing they can do

Its their card (which benefits the club whenever we spend on it), their season ticket and their website that we use the online facility of.

They should bloody well make sure their software is compatible with it.

I have looked in my renewal pack and the leaflet about the card and its terms and conditions is definately missing.

The woman at the ticket office said "Well we put them in all the envelopes".

I replied: "Did humans put them in? Well humans make mistakes and my envelope does NOT have that leaflet".

She said: "Well you were just unlucky then"...

Oh FFS!

I've written a letter to the so called Customer Services Department and sent a copy of it to Moxey.

B

Breeeeeeen

it was in there, but it was in the application for the card.... So who would read this if they already took out the card last year????

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly what I said to the ticket office woman, asked if it had been her, would she refer to the small print of a card she had taken out 12-14 months previously.

She admitted she wouldn't and that the club should make it clearer to fans. She also said she would make a note of my comments and pass them on...

B

Breeeeeeen

Exactly what I said to the ticket office woman, asked if it had been her, would she refer to the small print of a card she had taken out 12-14 months previously.

She admitted she wouldn't and that the club should make it clearer to fans. She also said she would make a note of my comments and pass them on...

Thats exactly what she told me, dosn't look like they're going to budge to be honest. Not very happy

T

thekentwolf

Thekentwolf... how did you get a satisfactory outcome? I'm certainly not!

Not sure, I was ready for a full scale war on the phone, Just about to launch an attack on them and I was infomed that I would pay no interest on ST for 6 months.

Rightside Boy

Reaction score
What i found sad with this whole scenario was that when i complained about the booking fee 5 quid, the club said naff all they could do about it, that was that. However, when i intorduced a friend on the Early Bird Scam sorry Scheme he was offered a 'no admin fee on booking as he had a Wolves credit card'. I asked the said individual if he could book mine on the same basis and behold he could, no fee!!

Con or not ?

M

-MTW-

Has anybody received their new Wolves card yet. I got my pin about a week ago but no sign of the CC yet.

Back
Top Bottom