Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Duje Ćaleta-Car (Marseille)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheConcourse

Why have I got this sinking feeling today that we are going to end yet another transfer window without signing a first team ready centre back or central midfield player? Shaping up to be just Hwang in and the lights out at Compton by midday on Tuesday!
Because you’re an eternal pessimist when it comes to Wolves transfers…?

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where has it been said he doesn't want to come to us......
He probably hasn't. I think a lot of times it's reasonable to guess a player would prefer a club with European football which is then twisted ro doesn't want to join. Another reason clubs like us trying to buy the better players end up with a lot of late deals.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because you’re an eternal pessimist when it comes to Wolves transfers…?

Probably more due to the fact we have failed to address the central midfield and centre back issues properly for 3 years and there isnt much time left in this window.
Also in previous windows seen we have wanted 3 with a few weeks left only for it to be whittled down to one in. The Spiers comment about central midfield yesterday was worrying and if we are haggling over prices for Caleta Car with such little time left then yep I'm concerned.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He probably hasn't. I think a lot of times it's reasonable to guess a player would prefer a club with European football which is then twisted ro doesn't want to join. Another reason clubs like us trying to buy the better players end up with a lot of late deals.
Caleta car is decent but he isn't gonna get a starting position at a club with European football in the premier league.... Not nw west ham have got zouma.. He will be getting a decent pay rise to join us I would expect....

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bottom line is probably the pay.

For me, playing in the PL is as high status as playing in another league + some European games.

Might just be me...
It would depend on your definition of high profile. Playing for any club in the PL automatically gives you a higher profile in some markets. But as a professional, surely you want to be giving yourself the best chance of winning major trophies, Sevilla have us beaten hands down in that respect.

a fatter wallet would only go so far to compensate in my opinion, especially since Sevilla pay pretty well anyway.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I used it as a language of work for several years when working in Algeria. I speak read and write it to native speaker standard.
Sounds like you may have lead an interesting life BSK....

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bottom line is probably the pay.

For me, playing in the PL is as high status as playing in another league + some European games.

Might just be me...
I’d say so in a lot of cases. Apart from the true elite, any prem starter earns more than all but the top earners across Europe.
Wouldn’t say he’s yet reached the career stage where he defines himself by European competiton, like the Ronaldos of the world. Of course that could be his preference, but seems unlikely.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How difficult is to find a proper Centre Half, who's better than Coady, is available for the right price and wants to come to Wolves? Obviously a bridge too far for Fosun, Mendes and the rest of our recruitment team.
I am much more optimistic than l was a week ago. Let's wait and see what happens by midnight Tue.

Wolvezone

Reaction score
Just curious. Anybody know the agencies for Botman (Muy Manero) or Caleta-Car (ICM Stellar Sports) have connection to Mendes.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder whether this deal is dead. Gone very quiet as has the Botman one.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder whether this deal is dead. Gone very quiet as has the Botman one.
Always been reported that he'd prefer a move to a side playing in Europe so he's probably giving it as long as he can. It'll be similar with Botman with Lille reportedly wanting €30m and us being short of that at the moment (not sure what we've bid). Doubt either deal is dead, just in limbo

forge

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve got well less than 48 hours left. We need to get a move on. Fabrizio hasn’t mentioned anything about it in a long while. any news from people with sources on here?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been stated many times he wants European football. Even from the first link. It was always going to be an upwards battle to get him.
But all players say that.... Wanting and getting are two different things... The only point I was making is that we think we nw cause rumour articles say these things.. But never actually quote the person or the agent directly...... Its all just speculation... Caleta car isn't getting a move to the Premier league and getting European football at the same time.. His only chance was West ham and that's gone..

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
French website below reporting we're in "advanced discussions" with the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom