Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Dr Francheck Drobnic

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’ve spent nearly £150 million in that period. Whether it should have been spent differently is a Seperate debate but you are off your rocker if you think they have shown no ambition. Showing no ambition is spending nothing.
You need to match ambition with a degree of common sense. £35 mil of that £150 mil is playing in Holland, £30 mil of that £150 mil has just been retuned to Benfica, £20 mil of that £150 mil broke down in his 1st game (perhaps why we need a new medical team?). Add to that lot Cutrone, Willian, Hoever and others who were bad buys and a waste of money. You conveniently forget to comment on my view that we have not had a CF for over 2 years.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You need to match ambition with a degree of common sense. £35 mil of that £150 mil is playing in Holland, £30 mil of that £150 mil has just been retuned to Benfica, £20 mil of that £150 mil broke down in his 1st game (perhaps why we need a new medical team?). Add to that lot Cutrone, Willian, Hoever and others who were bad buys and a waste of money. You conveniently forget to comment on my view that we have not had a CF for over 2 years.
I didn’t conveniently forget anything. Has the recruitment been wrong? Absolutely. That however isn’t connected to ambition at all. Fosun have backed the club massively and to suggest they haven’t is just plain wrong

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn’t conveniently forget anything. Has the recruitment been wrong? Absolutely. That however isn’t connected to ambition at all. Fosun have backed the club massively and to suggest they haven’t is just plain wrong
Surely SBK you have to accept ambition goes hand in hand with recruitment? You can be as ambitious as you want but in our case we've gone from 2 x7th place finishes and Europe to potential relegation in the space of 2 and a bit seasons? That doesn't speak ambition to me.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely SBK you have to accept ambition goes hand in hand with recruitment? You can be as ambitious as you want but in our case we've gone from 2 x7th place finishes and Europe to potential relegation in the space of 2 and a bit seasons? That doesn't speak ambition to me.
I’m not being funny but you’re talking nonsense so I’m leaving this one alone. Your issue is poor recruitment of not getting a centre forward in (which I agree with) but you’re saying that’s because of a lack of ambition and the two just dont correspond. We’ve spent well over £150 million in 2 seasons, how in gods green earth does that show a lack of ambition?!?!? I’ll say again, poor recruitment totally but that’s completely different issue to ambition. You know all this though, you’re kjust being bloody minded.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is rather rich of one of the leading proponents on the Mix of offloading the manager who got us those two 7th place finishes to cite his performance in order to have a dig at the owners who appointed him.

Last edited:

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is rather rich of one of the leading proponents on the Mux of offloading the manager who got us those two 7th place finishes to cite his performance in order to have a dig at the owners who appointed him.
Appointed him and backed him heavily as they backed both his replacements. To suggest a lack of ambition from Fosun is beyond thick

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't see a lack of ambition but I do see naivety and some poor recruitment.

Lage appointment was questioned at the time but he wasnt backed that first summer and Jeff trotted out a load of Shi about FFP which turned out to be a smokescreen.
This summer we backed Lage (abeit a bit scatter gun) but we also let a lot of people go rather than expand the squad. That was naïve and it has had an impact.
We haven't recruited a centre forward , but we have tried. We were unlucky with Sasa. Costa could have been a stroke of luck but that hasn't worked and we have given Raul every chance to return to form. For all three to fail is bad luck.

On the poor recruitment I give you Cutrone, Hoever, Guedes ,Fabio and probably Semedo- the latter two more for cost. If they had been 10-15m each then it would not be such an issue. Nunes is a player , but is still to convince. Add Trincao to that mix and a misfiring Hwang and our striking purchases over the last few years certainly havent borne much fruit. Thats also 120m approx so not insignificant. Remember its also 20m to Uncle Jorge at a guess on those alone.

Neves , Moutinho , Patricio , Boly , Jonny, Saiss, Jota, Neto, Sa all proved their worth. So we have had plenty of successes.

This window J-Lo has been well backed and has invested in players to play a style he wants to play. That may be with a false 9? Many of us are a bit nervous of that preferring a number 9 in the traditional mould but time will tell if he has it right. we need 6 or 7 1-0 wins and that is by no means impossible with the assembled squad but it does mean there is little margin for error.

Fosun have put their money in so we cannot knock their ambition.

Back
Top Bottom