Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Doyle next to go?

W

we8wba

Kevin Doyle

Great to see him shine yesterday like watching him back on form in prem, great finish and link up play

Great to see fans singing his name again

Now comms mentioned everton strongly linked and add millions to his price with goal, could this move happen? I hope it doesn't but moyes was here on tuesday

R

reanswolf

Yes was really pleased to hear "One Kevin Doyle" again. Most pleasing thing yesterday for me.

D

Dewsburywolf

Yes was really pleased to hear "One Kevin Doyle" again

Kevin Doyle is $$$$ing magic
Kevin Doyle is dynamite
He'll score $$$$loads against West Brom
Cos they are $$$$ing $$$$e

Was being sung on the concoarse at half-time - don't know why it wasn't sung in the stands

H

Hatch End

Ok but wouldn't go over board, he's not the player he was. Probably burnt out after the hard labour of running about on his own for Mick.

I don't think that Doyle and SEB make a good striking team, even at Chump level. However, the proof won't come until Staale gets the midfield and defence sorted.

B

BlakemoreWolf

if he goes to everton he will be 3rd choice behind jelavic and miralles, and villa are just apsolutely $$$$ and ill be $$$$ed off if he signs for them, but imo i cannot see him leaving just yet.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon Villa will be after him - they need new recruits. Fletcher & Jarvis going was understandable for those ridiculous fees.

Even Kightly made sense due to his contractual status.

But Doyle - our first choice striker - who has 3 years left on his deal and has even publically come out and said he doesn't mind staying; there is no way he should be sold. To do so would be utterly ridiculous and I doubt we'd ever consider it....I hope so anyway.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His all round game is far far better than sebs and at this level they are as good as each other in the box. Seb isn't a patch on the player he was a few years a go.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His all round game is far far better than sebs and at this level they are as good as each other in the box. Seb isn't a patch on the player he was a few years a go.

Couldn't believe the sitter he missed on Saturday.

B

bridgnorthwolf

I don't want to sell at all, but only 8-figure bids should be given any consideration

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn't believe the sitter he missed on Saturday.

The header that Doyle set up for him to nod away and he misses?? Yes keeper got a slight touch but he nodde it straight at him from 4 yards! Years a go he would have put it away.

D

Deleted member 3545

Doyle may of said he is happy to stay at Wolves but when you get two bigger premiership clubs show an interest and knowing there will be a pay rise for you its hard to say no.
especially if he reads this forum saying how many say he is gash !!

B

bridgnorthwolf

Doyle may of said he is happy to stay at Wolves but when you get two bigger premiership clubs show an interest and knowing there will be a pay rise for you its hard to say no.
especially if he reads this forum saying how many say he is gash !!

If he's gash, I hate to think what that makes SEB! He's the one we need to offload!

S

spud3948

I don't want to see Doyle sold, we don't need the money and Everton would probably not match his original purchase price so he would potentially sold at a loss. Surely it's better to stick with him and hope Doyle & SEB bag 30+ goals between them this season.

We need to replace Fletcher before we start selling more strikers!

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless we get our money back or better then it would be pointless selling him if he's happy to stay

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
We would be doing ourselves a favour by getting rid of Doyle now....playing to his strengths is limiting us.

Get Siggo going and buy in some younger more mobile talent

T

Toupee4Rae

Makes me laugh how things siwng on here, before the Derby game SEB was "looking sharper than ever" and "Looks like he has lost weight" now hes fat and useless again.

SEB will score goals of that im sure, we created very little for our strike pair against Derby once the midfield is sorted I think its only fair we judge them both after that.

I was happy with both of them against Derby I think they did the best they could.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes me laugh how things siwng on here, before the Derby game SEB was "looking sharper than ever" and "Looks like he has lost weight" now hes fat and useless again.

SEB will score goals of that im sure, we created very little for our strike pair against Derby once the midfield is sorted I think its only fair we judge them both after that.

I was happy with both of them against Derby I think they did the best they could.

Here , here!! I was directly In line when seb hit the bar and you could clearly see he had to dig it out and it got stuck in his feet !! Soon as we create more chances sebs goal tally will be On the rise

E

Essex Wolf

Doyle

Apologies if already mentioned elsewhere but I see Everton and Villa are apparently interested in Doyle.

Taking into account he hasn't been in the best of form this past season and a bit not sure Wolves would get too much for him but should he go that will leave the strike force looking very threadbare with Fletcher and Vokes already sold.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I used to write for Adifferentleague - they just regurgitate stuff that's been in the newspaper - trust me!

I don't think there's any chance we'll sell him, even though I reckon Villa or someone will be in with a bid later this week.

E

E is for idiot.

If we have a replacement lined up, I would let him go. I admire him, and like him, but he seems to have stagnated here. New surroundings would be the best for us and him. Saying that, if we don't have a replacement lined up we shouldn't let him go.

J

johnybig32

Villa need to pull their finger out or they will be in for a very long season of struggling.

A

Anglian Wolf

It's been mentioned before as Moyes was at the Barnsley game.

We don't need to sell so the price tag on Doyle for anyone who wants him would be too rich for clubs like Everton and Villa. These two teams (Villa especially post O'Neill) are noted for being cautious on transfer fees.

Sleep easy

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we have a replacement lined up, I would let him go. I admire him, and like him, but he seems to have stagnated here. New surroundings would be the best for us and him. Saying that, if we don't have a replacement lined up we shouldn't let him go.

I'm guessing you haven't watched the past three games then.

E

Essex Wolf

I used to write for Adifferentleague - they just regurgitate stuff that's been in the newspaper - trust me!

I don't think there's any chance we'll sell him, even though I reckon Villa or someone will be in with a bid later this week.

Cheers Hogan and I hope it is just talk.

I like Doyle and whilst he hasn't been that prolific of late on his day he is a quality player and I would love for him to get back some confidence.

Should he leave however I agree with E is for idiots comments in as much as I hope a replacement is already lined up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't let him go under any circumstances. If we don't go up this season and he has another shocker of a year then we can get rid next summer. If he builds on the Derby goal and performs to the level we know that he can, then his contribution is worth far far more than the paltry £2.5-3 million we'd probably get.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cheers Hogan and I hope it is just talk.

I like Doyle and whilst he hasn't been that prolific of late on his day he is a quality player and I would lokve for him to get back some confidence.

Should he leave however I agree with E is for idiots comments in as much as I hope a replacement is already lined up.

Agree entirely Essex. Hopefully he'll be staying - I'm not sure he'd even want to go to Villa given the state they seem to be in! He doesn't strike me as the #headsgone type so fingers crossed.

As for Everton, when they get Niang in they'll have 4 strikers + Anichebe - can't see them needing another.

J

johnybig32

Doyle seems like he is respected more elsewhere than by some of his own.

E

E is for idiot.

I'm guessing you haven't watched the past three games then.

Only saw the Leeds one, but can you honestly say he is still the same player who was dynamite a few seasons ago?

M

Metro Wolf 2007

Played too long as the lone striker in a relegation fodder team and it has affected him. As the team recover cofidence so will Doyle and then we have our own Fletcher replacement already.

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
who'd have thought it - we think a player isn't good enough for us, when he's ok for Everton...

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stale has taught him to play deeper and provide assists.

J

johnybig32

If we can get close to what we paid for him then maybe.

Stale will have a back up plan.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tough one for me. Depends how good the offer is. A Jarvis like offer we couldn't turn down.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can't see Doyle wanting to go to Villa. They're in for a v long hard slog to stay up and are my favourites to come 20th at the mo. Everton is a different matter though although he might not want to be a bench warmer. Could only see Wolves selling if they can a decent fee (at least half their money back) and get a suitable replacement in. However, latter might be easier said than done in the Championship. I'd personally keep him to Jan unless above met but with an open mind to listening to offers then, especially if his form of last season continues. Doyle would be a bit hypocritical if he handed in a transfer request over the next week too.

Back
Top Bottom