Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Doherty the Colossus

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I right in thinking Doc will have been with us 10 years this summer and will therefore be eligible for a testimonial?

I hope, if this happens, it will give us the opportunity to honour someone who has been a great servant to the club and there's a good showing on the day. From his debut away at Anfield, right down to L1 and the dark days and as such a key member of our resurgence, he's always been fully committed to our great club from what I have seen. I hope we get the chance to show our appreciation. He's not someone who's name gets sung from the stands, sadly, and regardless of what you think of his personality type or the ins and out of his form of late he's grown with the club and I think deserves a day of his own as there are few players in our history who have been with us through such a journey as Matt Doherty

Even this season he's sacrificed a lot from his own game to accommodate Traore, and although his early season form wasn't great (a result of the injury more than anything else) he's really improved of late and has started to be the Tank of last season again, weather Traore is in front of him or not (although definitely 532 brings the best from him it seems). He will have some big moments for us between now and the end of the season and I hope there are plenty of us there to applaud his efforts should be be given his own day in the summer

I'll just leave this one here to enjoy again, should you be so inclined

Back
Top Bottom