Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Doherty the Colossus

Lawley Wolf

Reaction score
I’ve been thinking all day about how good Matt is.
His heading is immense. Ruis way out of trouble when under pressure and every goal kick, and our start of attacks from long passes. for 2 years now, other teams must do their homework on us, see that this is our main route out and still not be able to stop him.
His off the ball runs get us important goals. Just keeps getting better and better!

DarloWolf

Reaction score
I’ve been thinking all day about how good Matt is.
His heading is immense. Ruis way out of trouble when under pressure and every goal kick, and our start of attacks from long passes. for 2 years now, other teams must do their homework on us, see that this is our main route out and still not be able to stop him.
His off the ball runs get us important goals. Just keeps getting better and better!

everything u say is spot on apart from is is an arrogant ****er... when walking of the team coach he should appreciate where he is in life n career

DarloWolf

Reaction score
I have no idea what your talking about. Did he say something? What?

when he walks of the coach .. he should seem more thankful for where he is....
no he didn't say anything or smile or acknowledge the fans

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

And I'm pretty sure he knows where he is ... Doesn't his dad tarmac drives or something along those lines? (Not an Irish joke, genuinely does something like that)

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If its just when he gets off the coach it may be that he just has his mind on the match. There could be lots of reasons but it is not productive to just judge him on what you think and not what you know.
I will though have a word with him and ask him next time he is running down the pitch with the ball and passes you to stop and smile at you. ;):D Sorted.

D

Deleted member 4152

Blimey. What a crock of ****.

Seems like a nice bloke to me whenever I see him in the pub. Mate has spoken to him on the car park and he was very talkative

He’s also obviously heartbroken over his mates loss

First world problems here, Mat didn’t look happy as he left the bus. FFS

S

Shifnal Wolf

everything u say is spot on apart from is is an arrogant ****er... when walking of the team coach he should appreciate where he is in life n career

Someone got rejected for a selfie ;)

If you recall his recent goal celebration that public show of emotion doesn’t strike me of an “arrogant W” as you put it.

He’s been and is a super player/professional for us. (Great signing by Merlin the Magician).

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love the guy. Last year 3rd. best scorer, 8 goals and 7 ass.
Came up with some big and timely goals and hoofs it back to defend. What did he cost, £15,000?

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Blimey. What a crock of ****.

Seems like a nice bloke to me whenever I see him in the pub. Mate has spoken to him on the car park and he was very talkative

He’s also obviously heartbroken over his mates loss

First world problems here, Mat didn’t look happy as he left the bus. FFS
Total crock of ****.
Matt is a top guy, never mind football.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doc's level at moment is stellar!! Some people are muppets.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Top guy imo, top footballer. Not another player i can think of I would prefer for the position he plays. I really like Jonny and Vinagre too but if we had a left footed clone of Doc on the left side too think we’d be in the top 4.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a load of drivel, both Matt & his Dad (who runs his own successful business actually ) are lovely and exceptionally kind people, ”tarmacs drives ” ha he ha!

Last edited:

DEVIZESWOLVES

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don’t understand people who complain about players not acknowledging them, what are you? 5 years old ffs?
I left a game with a minute of injury time to go and someone said to me “you not waiting for fist pumps” and I’m like, I’m 39 years old, of course I’m not ****ing waiting, Nuno won’t be waiting to do first pumps at 4:30 in the morning whilst I drive half way across the country lol

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

He’s openly stated that he was working with his Dad when we picked him up and that he’d be doing the same right now if we hadn’t.

Probably as down to earth/working class as you can get in our team. No academy, no having anything on a plate, just worked hard to get where he is.

Despite this thread still feel he’s under appreciated by the fans. Considering everything he’s done for us it’s very odd he doesn’t have his own song.

Because he’s Irish? That’s a question not an accusation.

He cost next to nothing, been with us through the good and bad, was POTY during some of the bad times, is a key player now and it’s not like he has a name that’s difficult to sing about.

R

reanswolf

I love Matt Doherty and yes he should have a song, didn't they sing one on Sunday?

The fact that he's risen through the ranks and ok he's not Moutinho or Neves but he's ****ing fantastic.

I think it's more to do with the fact that full backs often get unrecognised, but his role is so much more than that. He got voted 2nd in POTS in the Championship winning team so his efforts are appreciated. Nothing to do with being Irish, absolutely nothing in that at all. Half of Wolverhampton is of Irish descent.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
The whole team feels more balanced with Doc in it.

Doc song would be immense.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will very soon be 10 years a Wolves player, will he not? Unbelievable achievements in todays era. He has played at every level at us along the way, and yet he is still what, 27? He is going to go down as a serious club legend the way he is going and damn is he a fantastic player, as pointed out on the OP.

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with all of the comments about Doc's all round strengths as a wing back. Going forwards and back, on the ground and in the air, he is brilliant.

But I think the really special thing about him is his nose for a goal. See some of his runs are very different from your classic overlapping full back play. Some of his runs are like that of an inside forward. See the goal against Braga, and the one against Watford earlier in the season. Those runs make up for the fact that Adama doesn't get in the box that often when the ball is on the other wing, and neither Neves or Mouthino are that kind of player. And his runs are timed brilliantly, and he has the real instincts of a striker. Really really invaluable to the team and we lose a couple of dimensions without him.

GeoffPalmersLeftBoot

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
And I'm pretty sure he knows where he is ... Doesn't his dad tarmac drives or something along those lines? (Not an Irish joke, genuinely does something like that)
He used to work alongside his father as a carpet fitter whilst being a part time player for Irish club Bohemians.

so I suspect he’s just zoned in (or out) when he gets off the coach.

(Edit) Vancouver beat me to it by a large margin)

Last edited:

binners

Reaction score
Getting the zone for what is about to happen I would say. All players are different in this approach. When I was playing I was just the same.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The lads in S1 start the star man Doc song every week, rarely takes off unfortunately.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t understand people who complain about players not acknowledging them, what are you? 5 years old ffs?

As someone who lives abroad, I can honestly say you wouldnt meet a more decent bloke than Darlo. He has helped me out on numerous occasions get tickets for away matches. He is a very decent, genuine and kind person.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I saw him by the lift at the Novotel once. He looked the other way - what a *******!!!!!!!!

JimB

Groupie
Reaction score
I was thinking about this, and as the team has improved I thought we would need someone better in his position, because attacking full backs are a major strength in our game. But I am wrong as Mat has improved with the team and has been fantastic. The proof for me is That he is missed when not playing.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The weekend that just has gone he had alot more than football on his mind! Other weeks I would rather he focuses on the game.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Top guy imo, top footballer. Not another player i can think of I would prefer for the position he plays. I really like Jonny and Vinagre too but if we had a left footed clone of Doc on the left side too think we’d be in the top 4.
This.

The crosses that Traore puts in, those floaters to the back post for instance - if Doc was playing on the left, he'd be able to time his runs and power in on the end of those and cause havoc.

When Traore is having a field day as is happening relatively often (happy days) I sometimes wonder if swapping Jonny and Doc over mid game might reap some rewards

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Top bloke... heard many a story of him sorting tickets for folks, too.

From the video above I've manage to deduce that A) The camera angles will likely make you feel sick. B) Jota should go back to red boots.

Back
Top Bottom