Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

does sigurddson play today ?

H

Hatch End

SEB MIGHT "score at least 20 goals if he plays most of the season", not WILL!

D

Deleted member 3751

SEB MIGHT "score at least 20 goals if he plays most of the season", not WILL!

If he starts 40 games, I'd back him to get at least 20. He was ok in our 2nd season in the prem as well. His main problem over the last three years was being third choice for a side that often played one up front.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So without checking he'd have probably found the net in about half the games? Never an attack on Bull in any way but just making a point that even at a low level, good players don't always have good games. The comment above about Sigurdarson ripping the league apart single handedly if he's any good just smacks of ignorance.

Granted, Bully may not have been on fire during all if those 44 games. Meaning that when he was, he ripped defences a new 'un and scored 3 and 4 in a game.

S

SimplyTheWolves

If we had Bully at his peak last season we would still be in the Prem now. And if you think that's an exaggeration then you've never seen the man play.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If given a run of games SEB will get 20 goals minimum. As will Doyle.

Kenny Miller spent a year in and out of the side at PL level and ultimately wasn't good enough but once given a run in the Champ had no problems hitting the 20 mark.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The championship has improved since we last contended in it, just look at the sides that came up last year. IMO, it's not a dead cert Ebanks will hit 20 or more goals to be honest at all. I really think a lot of our fans are going to need a big wake up call if that is the case as well. Considering his lack of pace and Solbakken's desire for a pace and power strategy, we may not see as much of him as you think either.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well Bull failed to score in 20 games out of 44 in a league way below his level so it was far off scoring in every game, very far off.

Bull had virtually come from part-time, non-league at Tipton Town with a few half-chances at West Brom and at the time it was both above his level, stamina and experience.
We hadn't bought a footballer who'd had any sort of academy or top level youth training....he was just a raw bloke from pub/park/non-league football who'd been rejected by West Brom after being quickly rejected....that was the only kind of player Wolves could attract at the time, we were penniless....and nobody good would have joined us anyway because the club was on it's $$$$.

In his first half season at Wolves (the previous one) he scored 18 i think and he missed an absolute hatful of chances, smashing them over from a few yards out, blasting everything when he only had to place a shot etc...
My mate played for Wolves at the time (a leftover from the Brian Little era) and when I said Bull would have scored 30 goals in 6 months if he could only shoot straight......told me that Bull was astonishing in training and he couldn't understand why he was snatching at chances in the matches because everything he touched in practice went in the net.
OK, nobody was grumbling at the 18 goals he did score....but i think everybody who watched him in that first season would have had a sneaky feeling that this fella was capable of scoring 40/50 goals in a season if he could sort out his finishing...he was that special.
Our biggest worry was that some big brute was going to crock him because he took a right pasting from defenders.
He did get the fifty the following season, then in another 12 months he scored another fifty at a higher level..then got into England where it vastly improved his touch and skill......but the point is at the time nobody knew how good he could be so he wasn't playing beneath his level.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dewolf

The championship has improved since we last contended in it, just look at the sides that came up last year. IMO, it's not a dead cert Ebanks will hit 20 or more goals to be honest at all. I really think a lot of our fans are going to need a big wake up call if that is the case as well. Considering his lack of pace and Solbakken's desire for a pace and power strategy, we may not see as much of him as you think either.

How has it?

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The inference that the Championship is stronger than it was when we were last there seems to be based on the 3 promoted clubs doing well last season.
A counter argument would be that all 3 relegated clubs finished in last seasons playoffs.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When is he due to arrive at The Mol & finalise the deal?

W

Woffles

When is he due to arrive at The Mol & finalise the deal?

His last game for Lillestrom is reported to be on 13th July - the fixtures I can find have it originally listed as the 15th but I guess it's been moved to friday night for TV.

Guess they'll get him over for a medical the next day as the squad is off to Ireland on the following Monday.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
His last game for Lillestrom is reported to be on 13th July - the fixtures I can find have it originally listed as the 15th but I guess it's been moved to friday night for TV.

Guess they'll get him over for a medical the next day as the squad is off to Ireland on the following Monday.

:eek:..........

D

Deleted member 3751

Bull had virtually come from part-time, non-league at Tipton Town with a few half-chances at West Brom and at the time it was both above his level, stamina and experience.
We hadn't bought a footballer who'd had any sort of academy or top level youth training....he was just a raw bloke from pub/park/non-league football who'd been rejected by West Brom after being quickly rejected....that was the only kind of player Wolves could attract at the time, we were penniless....and nobody good would have joined us anyway because the club was on it's $$$$.

In his first half season at Wolves (the previous one) he scored 18 i think and he missed an absolute hatful of chances, smashing them over from a few yards out, blasting everything when he only had to place a shot etc...
My mate played for Wolves at the time (a leftover from the Brian Little era) and when I said Bull would have scored 30 goals in 6 months if he could only shoot straight......told me that Bull was astonishing in training and he couldn't understand why he was snatching at chances in the matches because everything he touched in practice went in the net.
OK, nobody was grumbling at the 18 goals he did score....but i think everybody who watched him in that first season would have had a sneaky feeling that this fella was capable of scoring 40/50 goals in a season if he could sort out his finishing...he was that special.
Our biggest worry was that some big brute was going to crock him because he took a right pasting from defenders.
He did get the fifty the following season, then in another 12 months he scored another fifty at a higher level..then got into England where it vastly improved his touch and skill......but the point is at the time nobody knew how good he could be so he wasn't playing beneath his level.

Right, I am NOT IN ANY WAY SLATING BULL! Just made the point against a comment that Sigurdarson should be ripping teams apart every game if he's any good because it's a crap league

Last edited by a moderator:

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's 21. Steve Bull joined us as a Baggie reserve player at that age and i'm pretty sure that if we'd sign him these days from their reserve team this very message board would be in meltdown.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With 12 (yes 12) is the mighty Andy Keogh. I rest my case.

You just know he is going to score against us next season now. In fact his record at Millwall is excellent - 10 in 17!

POE Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
He has been really poor in the two last games for Lillestrøm. They lost 4-0 in the cup yesterday against a team from a division below them. "His worst game of the season" and "he's not a one-man attack any longer" according to the local newspaper. I guess his head is somewhere else....

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Hahaha brilliant, it's really not looking good is it. Tenner says he breaks his leg/legs!

Fingers crosses, wood touched on the day....:dong:

Is it Odin we should be praying to? - anyone?

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's 21. Steve Bull joined us as a Baggie reserve player at that age and i'm pretty sure that if we'd sign him these days from their reserve team this very message board would be in meltdown.

This is so true. If there was such a thing as the Internet in 1986 it would have collapsed in on itself the amount of rage that would have been expelled

W

Woffles

This is so true. If there was such a thing as the Internet in 1986 it would have collapsed in on itself the amount of rage that would have been expelled

A clear case of looking at history through modern eyes!

Back in 1986 we were ****ing amazed and delighted to be signing anyone that we paid money for.

Signing a striker who had actually scored (more than once) in the First Division was probably the most exciting thing that had happened in about 4 years - Baggie or not.

Don't remeber a single bad word about us signing Bully (or Robertson, Dennnison, Thommo)

Gornal

Reaction score
Signing a striker who had actually scored (more than once) in the First Division was probably the most exciting thing that had happened in about 4 years - Baggie or not.

He didn't score in the first division for Albion. His goals came after they had been relegated

W

Woffles

He didn't score in the first division for Albion. His goals came after they had been relegated

Ah my poor fading memory. :embarassed:

Now if we had had the Internet back then (rather than just the back page of the E&S) I'd have searched his full career stats in great details and might actually remember some of it properly now!

M

morosewolf

At the time there was a bit of grumbling about Robertson...over the hill, $$$$ legend etc, but not over Dennison, Bull or Thompson. Signing players that weren't none league was unusual!

Gornal

Reaction score
Ah my poor fading memory. :embarassed:

Now if we had had the Internet back then (rather than just the back page of the E&S) I'd have searched his full career stats in great details and might actually remember some of it properly now!

It's the one thing Albion fans can throw at him that he never scored in the top division.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You just know he is going to score against us next season now. In fact his record at Millwall is excellent - 10 in 17!

Keogh. Not the best player ever, but better than many gave him credit for. Bit like Dave Edwards....

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nonsense. Keogh failed to make the step up but was always a competent player. Dave Edwards is an aberration on the beautiful game. Probably the worst player in all four leagues.

Back
Top Bottom