Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

does sigurddson play today ?

A

andyc225

For anyone interested in watching him (and looking out for Solbakken in the crowd), it's on at 5pm across all good (if you're not from the UK) as well as all good-but-shady sources.

K

Kamma

If you mean Sigurdarson then yes.. Kick-off 6 o'clock in norway. So 5 in the UK.
...(Kamma, I don't know if thats an official stream or not. If it is you can repost, if not we don't allow unofficial/illegal stream links to be posted on the forum. Mutchy.)
Ah, my bad. Didn't know that :) Yeah, it was an illegal stream.

But games on in 8 mins.

POE Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Lillestrøm 2 down after 15 minutes. They are worse than Walsall (I guess :rolleyes:)......

C

Costin_wolf

lillestrom 2 nil down already 15 minutes in, lets hope we don't sign any of there defenders.

MrJamez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Holy hell.

Anybody watching the game? What kind of throw in was that! He rolled over!

POE Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Holy hell.

Anybody watching the game? What kind of throw in was that! He rolled over!

I don't watch the game, but is this how he threw it (same player)??

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK5jW_QbVEE"]Steinþór Freyr Þorsteinsson - Amazing Front Flip Throw - YouTube[/nomedia]

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Siggy, give us a goal! Siggy, siggy give us a goal!!!

A

andyc225

I feel sorry for Siggy. The other 21 players on the pitch are absolutely awful.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel sorry for Siggy. The other 21 players on the pitch are absolutely awful.

Agreed... this has inspired me to set up a new career mode in Fifa 12 with Lillestrom. Main aim: Sigurdarson to pick up the Tippeligaen as captain! :D

K

Kamma

Has he scored yet?......is he doing anything?
Game is over. Lillestrøm lost 1-3.

Only bothered to see the first half and Sigurdarson barely touched the ball. His team is absolutely $$$$. Noone seemed to care Sandnes ulf was 2-0 up after 15 minutes.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Game is over. Lillestrøm lost 1-3.

Only bothered to see the first half and Sigurdarson barely touched the ball. His team is absolutely $$$$. Noone seemed to care Sandnes ulf was 2-0 up after 15 minutes.

Right. Thanks.

shaygriff

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The positive is that Bjørn is still uninjured :)

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This bloke is not the messiah(yet). Lets wait and see how he adapts and give him a chance to settle. However if the quality of the football where he is playing at the moment is so poor, why isnt he ripping the oppostion apart single handed?

S

SimplyTheWolves

This bloke is not the messiah(yet). Lets wait and see how he adapts and give him a chance to settle. However if the quality of the football where he is playing at the moment is so poor, why isnt he ripping the oppostion apart single handed?

If you were guaranteed to win the lottery in a couple of weeks would you bother rushing out to have a go on this weeks?

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair comment STW but it does seem the expectation is unreasonably high.

NOKASPLACE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched the YouTube clips of him today and he does look quality. I am aware of the you tube caveat though

D

Deleted member 3751

Like Steve Bull scored in every game in the 4th division?

B

Bankswolf II

The difference is he will be a rising star in a team of competent(ish) players not a bunch of sunday leaguers he plays with at the min

Given the right service he could make a real impact I can't wait it's the part of football i love the most a young player coming through to excite everyone

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure someone maybe him did that and hit the opponent in the face with the ball.

I remember when they banned this in the UK years ago, just beforehand Central TV had a feature on a Stafford Rangers player who was doing it every week in non-league.........a young Stan Collymore.

S

SimplyTheWolves

Fair comment STW but it does seem the expectation is unreasonably high.

I don't think it's quite that Wolfman jack. I think It's more the fact that our expectations of Stale and the new start he brings is somehow being delivered by signing this type of player.

It's good to be signing players of his potential, I don't think anyone really sees him as the new messiah, more like one of many possible signings that could be.

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Managed to keep awake for the first half...hells bells what a league?

On form all I can say is thank the heavens we have a golden boot...Ebanks-Blake is Wolves number 9.

Some unproven Icelander......prefer to follow who I know is a proven goalscorer in our relegated league.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

On form all I can say is thank the heavens we have a golden boot...Ebanks-Blake is Wolves number 9.

Some unproven Icelander......prefer to follow who I know is a proven goalscorer in our relegated league.

He plays for a $$$$ team, doesn't necessarily mean he is though does it? Could go either way though, may be a flop or a footballing powerhouse who we can nickname "The white drogba" in a few years time... we shall see!

D

Deleted member 3751

He wasn't far off. 34 league goals in 44 league appearences in his full season in Division Four.

So without checking he'd have probably found the net in about half the games? Never an attack on Bull in any way but just making a point that even at a low level, good players don't always have good games. The comment above about Sigurdarson ripping the league apart single handedly if he's any good just smacks of ignorance.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So the main thing is he is not injured, when does he play the next games?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like Steve Bull scored in every game in the 4th division?

Not far off, mate. Not far off.

My point is that in the absence of any other transfer activity, he is being seen by some as a given star CF. What little any of us have seen of him, let alone heard about him, means its a real gamble. If he is as good as some think, he would be several levels above the very poor league he is currently playing in. However, I am happy to trust SSs judgement and hope he can rise to the challenges of the english game, but I think it will take time.

Last edited by a moderator:

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is a gamble, but has potential. Like the manager and his new coach. Has me looking forward to the start of this season more than the last 2 tough! Now lets clear some deadwood and get behind the Soolman.

Its better than Skoobs ;)

R

robwolf

He is a gamble, but has potential. Like the manager and his new coach. Has me looking forward to the start of this season more than the last 2 tough! Now lets clear some deadwood and get behind the Soolman.

Its better than Skoobs ;)

That is SO much better than skooby!!!! Im so glad its not just me that thinks skooby is an awful nickname for SS. Plus with soulman we get a song to sing with it too

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Then again you never know, unlike SEB Sigurddson may be able to play in the Premiership.

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The facts are, Fletcher is valued at over £10 million and his replacement has been signed for a quarter of that. Ok, the lad may have potential but don't expect him to be a patch on Fletcher to begin with (who should be valued at £20 million minimum based on goal scoring ratio, age, time left on his contract, and compared against other high profile British forwards who have recently been sold such as Bent and Carroll.)

H

Hatch End

SEB is just as unknown in the Chump now as Siggy will be. It's been a long time since SEB was a star striker for us. He was consistantly poor in the Greed League and we don't know whether he's lost it at a lower level as well, or not.

Yet another mystery for the start of our journey into the unknown.

FinnishWolf

Reaction score
The facts are, Fletcher is valued at over £10 million and his replacement has been signed for a quarter of that.

I do hope people remember this half a year from now if Sigurdarsson hasn't scored 20 goals by Christmas.

In the end, Sigurdarsson did cost us "just" 2.3 million.

D

Dewolf

SEB is just as unknown in the Chump now as Siggy will be. It's been a long time since SEB was a star striker for us. He was consistantly poor in the Greed League and we don't know whether he's lost it at a lower level as well, or not.

Yet another mystery for the start of our journey into the unknown.

Utter rubbish. Marlon King went to prison, came out and continued to score goals. SEB will score at least 20 goals if he plays most of the season. It's a poor quality division, however tough it might be. Also he wasn't consistently poor in the PL, in the second season he did pretty well and scored some good goals.

D

Deleted member 3751

Not far off, mate. Not far off.

My point is that in the absence of any other transfer activity, he is being seen by some as a given star CF. What little any of us have seen of him, let alone heard about him, means its a real gamble. If he is as good as some think, he would be several levels above the very poor league he is currently playing in. However, I am happy to trust SSs judgement and hope he can rise to the challenges of the english game, but I think it will take time.

Well Bull failed to score in 20 games out of 44 in a league way below his level so it was far off scoring in every game, very far off. My point is a player can be head and shoulders above everyone around him - doesn't mean he'll rip the opposition apart single handedly every time he plays or even that he'll be the best player on the pitch. What we do know about Sigurdarson is in his short career he's shown enough to attract the attention of a few clubs on another planet in terms of quality to what he's used to and persuade one club to spend a sizeable chunk of money on him so he must have something. Pay no attention to where he's come from because he won't be the first or last player to come from a crap league and (hopefully) make it big. He's a bit of a gamble but no more than any English youngster plucked from League 1 would have been.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Utter rubbish. Marlon King went to prison, came out and continued to score goals. SEB will score at least 20 goals if he plays most of the season. It's a poor quality division, however tough it might be. Also he wasn't consistently poor in the PL, in the second season he did pretty well and scored some good goals.

agreed dw:cool:

Back
Top Bottom