Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Doc

D

Deleted member 4152

The guy has spent most of his career as a journeyman L1/Champ RB/WB suddenly he's world class?
Nuno has picked a formation that fits his strengths (movement off the ball, those runs into the box) perfectly and he's definitely improved his defensive play, but there is a huge upgrade to be had in that position imo. If someone's offering anywhere near £15m for him we should cash in and invest that in a player that has a much higher ceiling.
Wtf are you about? A journeyman? Ffs

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This makes very little sense to me, in a few short weeks we go from nuno saying we need more players, to having one go out on loan and this supposed sale as well as having a broken jonny (couldn't resist) and no signings made we could end up extremely short staffed in the playing department, prices will only go up for those we attempt to bring in as other clubs see how short of players we are and realise the ball is in their court.

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The guy has spent most of his career as a journeyman L1/Champ RB/WB suddenly he's world class?
Nuno has picked a formation that fits his strengths (movement off the ball, those runs into the box) perfectly and he's definitely improved his defensive play, but there is a huge upgrade to be had in that position imo. If someone's offering anywhere near £15m for him we should cash in and invest that in a player that has a much higher ceiling.
Every year he's supposedly reached his ceiling and every year he's pushed on and justified his place in the starting eleven. You obviously don't rate him. That's your prerogative. I do, that's mine.

modenawolf

Reaction score
Strange one this. Why sell a player that suits our system perfectly to one of our rivals, especially at the relatively low fee being reported?

Fingers crossed for a 'hearing there's nothing in it' tweet from Tim or Joe soon.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I put a post in here earlier saying this wouldn't happen unless we got a silly offer... in my head this 'silly' offer was about £25m+. The reports tonight seem to suggest there's something in this move for quite a bit less than that, so perhaps I'll have to eat my words.

But still, despite the reports that it's apparently 'close', this move doesn't make sense for either club. Still! I don't get it, for either Wolves or Spurs.

I presume, like when we couldn't believe we sold Douglas, by the end of the transfer window it all made sense, so the same will happen again. But how does he fit into a Jose back four that needs to be solid first and foremost, at times not going over the half way line? Those are not his strengths.

Odd one. Still strange for me and can't quite believe it. But yes maybe I shall have to eat my words!

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Replacing a 28 year old player at his peak for a 22 year old player with bags of potential isn't doomsday

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't think this was happening but it looks like it is.

I just hope we get Docs replacement before we sell him, a club could easily do the dirty on us

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm guessing we'd be getting rid of Doc because he is not seen as being good enough defensively.
And mourinho would be signing doc because Aurier isn't good enough defensively. This doesn't really add up.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
15m is ridiculously low, Nuno & Boly still not signed either, Im starting to get a little worried, a little over 2 weeks to go & half the team will soon be on international duty

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Put it this way - if we were signing the second most adept (by numbers) full back in another European league for 16mil, we'd be delighted.

Strange strange deal if so. I still don't see it happening, but I've been wrong before!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And I believed Spiers when he said that, so the fact it hasn't been done worries me...

You can not believe the papers, that's fine. I believe this transfer is happening.
Put it like this, if it happens at all l don't see it being for the prices quoted. Jeff Shi is no mug.

I wonder if Spuds have someone we want?

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** me the gloom on this thread is unbelievable, love what doc brings to the team but read any match thread on here and everyone was giving him pelters most the season.
Comments on here saying he deserves loyalty, Maybe he wants to go, are we forcing him out?
£15m and add ons is a pretty smart fee if you ask me.

Wolf-Pack

Reaction score
I really hope it isn’t true. I want us to sign more players, even a right wing back, to add competition to the current squad. This would hopefully keep everyone on their toes and increase performance levels. Surely we can’t be letting another player go, at this rate nunos small squad will consist of 11/12 players for the first team

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it happens at all l don't see it being for the prices quoted. Jeff Shi is no mug.
That's what I feel. With the two seasons he's had and the goals/assists he's posted, he's surely worth more than is being quoted. And we surely know that.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** me the gloom on this thread is unbelievable, love what doc brings to the team but read any match thread on here and everyone was giving him pelters most the season.
Comments on here saying he deserves loyalty, Maybe he wants to go, are we forcing him out?
£15m and add ons is a pretty smart fee if you ask me.

Hahahahahahahaha

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem with all of social media and rumors etc is that we never know what to believe as something plausible, or something just completely made up. It often feels like there's a fine line between the two options with every transfer.

What I will say is firstly that I don't think we should sell him, whether we have a potential upgrade in the pipeline or otherwise.

And secondly, fans are often jumped on for getting a bit edgy, but it was clear last season that our squad wasn't big enough. We massively lacked depth in quality in terms of the central midfield in particular. And actually, had Jonny been injured a few months earlier, we'd have had one recognised fit left back in the entire squad.

My point being, whilst certain fans can get OTT with things and lack patience, I can fully understand to an extent where these qualms exist from. We need a left back, a centre back, a central midfielder capable of progressing forward, and probably another striker. I'll be surprised if we get more than 2/4.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem with all of social media and rumors etc is that we never know what to believe as something plausible, or something just completely made up. It often feels like there's a fine line between the two options with every transfer.

What I will say is firstly that I don't think we should sell him, whether we have a potential upgrade in the pipeline or otherwise.

And secondly, fans are often jumped on for getting a bit edgy, but it was clear last season that our squad wasn't big enough. We massively lacked depth in quality in terms of the central midfield in particular. And actually, had Jonny been injured a few months earlier, we'd have had one recognised fit left back in the entire squad.

My point being, whilst certain fans can get OTT with things and lack patience, I can fully understand to an extent where these qualms exist from. We need a left back, a centre back, a central midfielder capable of progressing forward, and probably another striker. I'll be surprised if we get more than 2/4.

Reasonable comments.

Warrington_Wolf

Reaction score
If Doc goes on top of Jonny being injured and MGW and Jordao going out on loan, we are 4 players down on what was already a threadbare squad.

Are we getting 5/6 players in before the end of the window?

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe Nuno is looking to play Adama in that position more permanently. In a 3-5-2, that would see an extra central midfield slot for AMN.

It would certainly make for a more attacking line-up.

£15m is nonsensical, though.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange move if true, but have to trust replacement has already been lined up. Seeing as Doc is a Gooner makes the move even more confusing.

Having said that, 10 years is a long time at one club and if Messi can leave Barcelona...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe Nuno is looking to play Adama in that position more permanently. In a 3-5-2, that would see an extra central midfield slot for AMN.

It would certainly make for a more attacking line-up.

£15m is nonsensical, though.
Experience suggests Adama at wingback is a bloody bad plan....

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anything less than 20m is ludicrous for a player whose assists and goals put him right up there with the best RWBs in European football. Don't want to see him leaving the club but looking like we are having to sell to buy though. Doc out. Maitland-Niles in. If that happens - would I be OK with it? Maybe.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel sick to the stomach that doherty is on the brink of leaving for such a paltry fee.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be gutted if Matty left. He's one of the few links to our non-Portuguese past, and a more than decent player. It's a ****ing travesty that he's not got a decent song, something I think we should all be ashamed about given what happened with Cutrone.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It sounds like a changing of the guard is starting.

Doc going would be surreal.
You never know. Sides need fresh blood and players need to be moved on, or you get the Spurs situation in the 18 months before Mourinho got in there. This deal just seems very strange if it's happening - especially at the quoted price

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If he goes to spurs he will be available in 12 months time for less than 10m

sorry but he doesn’t make it at spurs

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cavaleiro and Costa plus doc would get us well over £50 million and deplete our squad even more.

I hope we know what we are doing and plan to spend some cash.

Back
Top Bottom