Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Doc

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can only think Mourinho is planning to switch to a back 3 soon, otherwise it's idiotic.
You would think so. However, Mourinho is arrogant and might want to do achieve what he thinks Nuno couldn't by turning him into a defensive rock.

D

Deleted member 11332

I can only think Mourinho is planning to switch to a back 3 soon, otherwise it's idiotic.

Signing Regulion confirms to me he's going to go 3 at the back, the biggest issue with that he has one quality centre half and zero quality CMs so they are in trouble.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Signing Regulion confirms to me he's going to go 3 at the back, the biggest issue with that he has one quality centre half and zero quality CMs so they are in trouble.

Really? To me it just seems he's upgrading Ben Davies. Jose doesn't strike me as a 3/5 at the back type of manager at all. Especially when they need to squeeze Son, Bale and Kane in at the other end, along with a few of their eight centre mids.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really? To me it just seems he's upgrading Ben Davies. Jose doesn't strike me as a 3/5 at the back type of manager at all. Especially when they need to squeeze Son, Bale and Kane in at the other end, along with a few of their eight centre mids.
Surely Son, Bale and Kane fit easily into a 3-4-3? Spurs actually have a decent first eleven though maybe a defender light now.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said this at the time and still stand by it. The only possible reason I can see for spurs to buy him is to spoil our team and I genuinely think we’ve bought a better replacement so that shop has sailed........
Ironically it seems like we weakened them and at the same time put them out of the market for a RB while we were hunting Semedo

Top ****housery

Last edited:
Y

Yout85

Mourinho is not stupid and Doc is a great RWB. We've all seen enough over the last few years to show us both of those things.

Weird how people are criticising our longest serving player for yonks just because he had the sheer temerity to agree to double his wages.

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely Son, Bale and Kane fit easily into a 3-4-3? Spurs actually have a decent first eleven though maybe a defender light now.
They (imo) would work well as a front 3 and could well tear most teams a new one with a good midfield behind them. But they don't have a good midfield.
**** em anyway.

R

reanswolf

Mourinho is not stupid and Doc is a great RWB. We've all seen enough over the last few years to show us both of those things.

Weird how people are criticising our longest serving player for yonks just because he had the sheer temerity to agree to double his wages.
I don’t think it’s got anything to do with his wages.
People can assess his performance for his new club you know, and if it’s **** it doesn’t mean people are being desrespectful.

he’ll always be warmly welcomed back.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s got anything to do with his wages.
People can assess his performance for his new club you know, and if it’s **** it doesn’t mean people are being desrespectful.

he’ll always be warmly welcomed back.
With these clowns in charge Doc will be retired before we get a chance to actually be in the ground to give him any kind of welcome

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They (imo) would work well as a front 3 and could well tear most teams a new one with a good midfield behind them. But they don't have a good midfield.
**** em anyway.
I think Dier would play the coady role well too.
Like you say it’s if they have a decent pair for midfield.

Doc could also play on the left, would probably be a better lwb than rb in a 4.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jota to Spurs and Doherty to Liverpool (as cover for TAA) would have made more sense to me.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bit early to be wallowing in the joys of epicaricacy. But if it continues and the dream move to Spurs turns out to be a bit of a disaster then I may allow myself a little wry smile and whisper '**** you Matthew Doherty' under my breath.

Fingers crossed that Nelson Semedo doesn't turn out to be an absolute rotter too.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
After watching the Spuds first half today, it looks like Doc has taken Mourinho aside and said this is how i play, you might have thought you had bought a defender but i play much better as a winger / inside forward in their penalty area - Mourinho obviously replyed OK, we'll do that then.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bit early to be wallowing in the joys of epicaricacy. But if it continues and the dream move to Spurs turns out to be a bit of a disaster then I may allow myself a little wry smile and whisper '**** you Matthew Doherty' under my breath.

Fingers crossed that Nelson Semedo doesn't turn out to be an absolute rotter too.

Thank you..! A new word for my vocabulary at last ...and a damn useful one to boot..!!

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After watching the Spuds first half today, it looks like Doc has taken Mourinho aside and said this is how i play, you might have thought you had bought a defender but i play much better as a winger / inside forward in their penalty area - Mourinho obviously replyed OK, we'll do that then.
Probably true. Mourinho has been operating on past glories for a long time.

R

reanswolf

Thought Doc played ok today actually, apart from a couple of weak defensive moments.

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not watching but score just popped up on my phone so had a look for Fantasy Football ... Has Spurs lineup as playing with wingbacks and Doherty on the bench.

Can't be right surely? Signs Doc and plays him right back, then drops him when they play with a wingback!

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not watching but score just popped up on my phone so had a look for Fantasy Football ... Has Spurs lineup as playing with wingbacks and Doherty on the bench.

Can't be right surely? Signs Doc and plays him right back, then drops him when they play with a wingback!
Tis' true.
He knows Doc can play in the formation, guess he wants to check that Aurier can .

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

It's Carabao Cup though, doesn't count for Fantasy Football?

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unused sub in Spurs' penalty shootout win over hapless Chelsea. Mendy is as awful as the other keeper they signed for £70m.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
AND his replacement having a very good game

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
semedo is a better player than doc imo, doc will.be in rotation with aurier, different if aurier went to ac

TriumphWolf

Reaction score
I’m sure Doherty knew that team-selection would be a little more varied with his new employers.... either way he is part of the squad currently enjoying a good away-day at Old Trafford

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who cares? He left us to go for a big payday as most of us would. I’d be quite happy turning up to play football and runaround for a few hours a day for 50k+ a week and be told I wasn’t playing.......

Back
Top Bottom