Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Dion Sanderson

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coming up on sky sports 1 now, should be a good test for him up against a very good team in Posh. Some good talent on display especially Jack Taylor who Darragh MacAnthony says is the best midfielder the that division and the next to go for big money... Let's see...

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
HT: he is doing well. Game looks easy for him.
His pace and athleticism would be a real bonus in any team.

Kinda reminds me of a slightly stronger built Michael Manciene (sp!)

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
58 mins- again showing the value of pace in a defender.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great display of strength there from Dion... if he's to make it or not for us next season it won't be because he's not ready physically. Looks very strong along with being very calm and assured in his general play

D

Deleted member 11332

I don't think there's a worry physically. He's also probably too good for the level he's playing at, which could explain the lapses in concentration you see from him a couple of times a game. Today when he was ball watching. Id like to see him play in the championship next year, coming back here and not playing isn't going to help his development.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well after watching a couple of games Sanderson has played now. And on the back of our defensive display v West Ham , I am starting to think Sanderson really isn’t that far off deserving a chance!

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think there's a worry physically. He's also probably too good for the level he's playing at, which could explain the lapses in concentration you see from him a couple of times a game. Today when he was ball watching. Id like to see him play in the championship next year, coming back here and not playing isn't going to help his development.
I think that would be the right thing to do. Ive watched him alot up until this season in the different age groups for wolves and you could always see he was a good player and has great physicality but he's a bit like a young Rio Ferdinand in that he can be far too casual and rely on his strength and speed which is fine against boys, but not in senior football.

If it was me id tie him into a new contract and send him out again into the championship. I still think he will do well to play first team here but thats more because I think Lonwijk and Marques have a higher ceiling. For me, both will be better players than Kilman and Sanderson.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's quite alarming that perhaps the best partner for Boly in a back four that we've got is currently playing in League One!

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to Sunderland Echo, Dion is set to be out of action for the rest of the season, due to a back injury.
My Sunderland supporting mate has just emailed me with the above news.
Very unfortunate but need to sort it ASAP, as we need to retain him, BIG TIME.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have watched the highlights of most of his games and he is a very good prospect, but his athleticism helps him correct positioning mistakes at league one level.

If anyone thinks he is coming back in the summer to somehow take England International (and occasional England Captain) Coady's place in our defence they must be smoking something.

He is a good prospect, he has done really well in league one (but would be murdered in the Premier league because of his often poor positional play). He needs a season in the Championship playing centre back then let's see how he does.

Elliot Watt has been excellent at Bradford and I expect him to play at a higher level, but he would not have taken Neves or Moutinho place - it's the same with Sanderson.

Personally I think he will be sold for £2m or £3m with a big sell on clause. I think Toti Gomes is rated higher and the will stick with him and Hoever and see how the Dutch kid does in the Under 23's

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sanderson deserves a chance unsure whether it will come at Wolves though

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shows how important he has been for Sunderland their form has gone completely since he has been injured!

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not good news for Dion but maybe for Wolves it will stop all the transfer speculation in the summer?
If he has a good preseason he maybe a 1st team player in the PL for Wolves next season?

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forgive me for stating the bleedin obvious, but it's not been a good season for injuries.

D

Deleted member 11332

Not good news for Dion but maybe for Wolves it will stop all the transfer speculation in the summer?
If he has a good preseason he maybe a 1st team player in the PL for Wolves next season?

Bad news for wolves aswell, he was playing and doing well and learning. Now he won't be and will have to rehab. Doesn't benefit us in the slightest?

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plenty of rumours about Sunderland planing to bid for him.

£2M is what seems to be expected to be their offer.

I just don’t see the point in selling him for that, Christ I’d expect a £1M season long loan fee next year? (We paid £3M to have Jose for half a season!).

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rather pursue with Marques and Nigel.

But might aswell loan him out hope he does well in championship and have a bigger fee next season

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

But might aswell loan him out hope he does well in championship and have a bigger fee next season
Dion not Premier material in the foreseable future then I presume?
If that,then I agree..blood him in the division from hell.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would guess ANY rumours about selling our younger players are premature at the moment. We may move on some of the bigger names, but you don't bring in a manager known for developing youth and then agree to sell the youth players before he's had a chance to look at them.

I would imagine Dion (along with Marques and Nigel) will all have a chance to impress Bruno in training -maybe with a return date that brings the non international players back before the internationals are over- before any decisions are made.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I may be wrong but only has 12 months left. Might end up selling him with a big sell on fee

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like Dion has a better chance under Bruno.

As long as he's good enough and I'm not convinced after watching some of Sunderland's games. 21 isn't that young for a prospect trying to impress at a lower level- especially when there are other players at the club who are clearly rated and much younger.

He'll have a very decent career either way which is the main thing.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like Dion has a better chance under Bruno.

As long as he's good enough and I'm not convinced after watching some of Sunderland's games. 21 isn't that young for a prospect trying to impress at a lower level- especially when there are other players at the club who are clearly rated and much younger.

He'll have a very decent career either way which is the main thing.
I think its young for a centre back. A few loans and it gives him time to iron out mistakes and gain experience of the game.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Whenever I've seen him play, he seems decent. Fast and athletic. 2M quid is nothing in today's money. Keep him and develop him. He's got the right physical attributes, is humble (yes I've met and have spoken with him) and is down to earth and a huge plus is that he is a Wolves lad through and through. We need to keep our local identity whereever possible

Last edited:

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d of thought the only good reason to sell him is if they think one of the other youngsters is ahead of him.
However Killman and Gomes both play on the left I think. And surely too early to tell with the lads who have only played u23 football.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd like to see him retained and new manager take a good look at him. If he's not up to scratch, loan him out again but the price mentioned for a perm move feels a bit low.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He definitely has to come back and be given a chance .
Jettison him now without a chance here would be a big mistake
Totally agree Jonzy.
I would really like to see him as an active squad player for next season with a good pre-season behind him...

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d of thought the only good reason to sell him is if they think one of the other youngsters is ahead of him.
However Killman and Gomes both play on the left I think. And surely too early to tell with the lads who have only played u23 football.

When I saw Sanderson play for Wolves youth I have to say that the stand out defender was Kilman. I hope Lage at least looks at him But I do worry if we are pinning our hopes on him, MGW etc when we line up next season

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feels only right that Lage should get to see players like Sanderson first hand before deciding if they're good enough... because they're not definitely not good enough if you know what I mean, so surely he should get to decide and look at them in pre season before we start selling the fringe players off

Its not like its a big money sale that would maybe be a club decision to help fund incomings or meet FFP, a couple of million isn't going to make much difference... and maybe Lage see's something he can work with and saves us a few quid buying another CH

Just feels that if we're selling the likes of Sanderson now, then the manager really does have very little input into transfers this summer. The younger players should all be given a fresh chance to impress before we bin them off

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feels only right that Lage should get to see players like Sanderson first hand before deciding if they're good enough... because they're not definitely not good enough if you know what I mean, so surely he should get to decide and look at them in pre season before we start selling the fringe players off

Its not like its a big money sale that would maybe be a club decision to help fund incomings or meet FFP, a couple of million isn't going to make much difference... and maybe Lage see's something he can work with and saves us a few quid buying another CH

Just feels that if we're selling the likes of Sanderson now, then the manager really does have very little input into transfers this summer. The younger players should all be given a fresh chance to impress before we bin them off
Perhaps. Or perhaps he and his brother have been researching our squad for weeks knowing this job was lined up pending work permit etc

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps. Or perhaps he and his brother have been researching our squad for weeks knowing this job was lined up pending work permit etc
Perhaps indeed... I do hope that he's used his time wisely to understand the fringe players as much as possible, if he has been lined up as long as it seems he has been and maybe could make a call that a player's not good enough... although if he's been watching him a Sunderland I would hope he'd be impressed enough to take a look

But even so, surely he'd want to see them first hand? No substitute for that from a coaching perspective, especially the players who aren't as well known and the games haven't been recorded or on TV

I'm imagining Lage and his bro sitting in front a TV with a bag of chips watching endless U23 games for the last 6 months now... Maybe it happened and he's been making calls, but I think he needs them on the training pitch to really see what's what

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Its possible that Fosun had been putting feelers out for a replacement the second they started to have doubts about Nuno which was rumoured to be around the Albion game. If we have known a while Lage was our first choice then it's safe to presume he would have been made aware and any manager with all that time would have looked into the squad and formed an idea of what he wanted to put things in motion as early as possible to give the best chance of succeeding.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How much would we get from Sunderland?? 3m?? Hopefully with a big sell on fee plus add ons like promotion. Prefer our own youth players make it but the new crop of foreign signings are quality.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How much would we get from Sunderland?? 3m?? Hopefully with a big sell on fee plus add ons like promotion. Prefer our own youth players make it but the new crop of foreign signings are quality.

£2m seems to be the frequently quoted price in the press.

Back
Top Bottom