Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Diego Costa - available on a free?

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think one player does,Giroud,but unfortunately his recent form takes him out of our reach
Yes and ironically if it wasn't for his recent form, he may not even be looked at. There's no way we can sign him now unfortunately.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ekrem Konur
@Ekremkonur

Wolverhampton, Diego Costa ile ilgileniyor. Menajeriyle görüşüp maaş konusunda bilgi alındı. #Wolverhampton
Translated from Turkish by
Wolverhampton takes care of Diego Costa. He met with his manager and was informed about the salary.

An update that makes no sense from somebody nobody knows. Welcome to the transfer window!

If we're really in for him, I'm sure he's also speaking to clubs who are offering him double the salary as well. All depends how much of a challenge he's up for at this stage.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An update that makes no sense from somebody nobody knows. Welcome to the transfer window!

If we're really in for him, I'm sure he's also speaking to clubs who are offering him double the salary as well. All depends how much of a challenge he's up for at this stage.

79k followers but based in turkey. Odd one

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't see the Costa option as a very positive move. Fills a gap for six months but leaves us with the long term problem of no proper alternative to Jiminez. If when Jiminez returns the likes of Costa leave we are back to square one. We need a long term solution. I will really despair if the club do not sort out this need once and for all. A last hefty pay day for Costa who has done very little for a couple of years does not fill me with joy although some here will see it as a wonderful signing. Of course seeing him out there rather than our boy striker will be an upgrade initially but this is no time for penny- pinching based on no fee for Costa. This January will certainly tell us a lot about the future trajectory of the club.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon ol' Jorge is using us as a bit of a stalking horse

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't see the Costa option as a very positive move. Fills a gap for six months but leaves us with the long term problem of no proper alternative to Jiminez. If when Jiminez returns the likes of Costa leave we are back to square one. We need a long term solution. I will really despair if the club do not sort out this need once and for all. A last hefty pay day for Costa who has done very little for a couple of years does not fill me with joy although some here will see it as a wonderful signing. Of course seeing him out there rather than our boy striker will be an upgrade initially but this is no time for penny- pinching based on no fee for Costa. This January will certainly tell us a lot about the future trajectory of the club.
We aren’t going to sign a top top striker in January when we have Jimenez to come back next season hopefully

All we need is a 6 month stop gap until we know more about Jimenez , then decide to invest in either a second top striker, or a medium price back up striker

Can’t see us spending big money on a striker now since who sells their best players in January

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We aren’t going to sign a top top striker in January when we have Jimenez to come back next season hopefully

All we need is a 6 month stop gap until we know more about Jimenez , then decide to invest in either a second top striker, or a medium price back up striker

Can’t see us spending big money on a striker now since who sells their best players in January
Why not? It all depends on who becomes available and at what price? This is is not a luxury item - without a striker for the rest of the season there is every likelihood of moving into the relegation zone with confidence plummeting. This January is crucial but inevitably it is a tough number signing a quality striker at any time of the year.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“ looking at other options “ yeah right , in other words 4 weeks of mega faffing about whilst dropping further down the league

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given the transition the squad is going through I think Costa could be ideal really. Wily old stiker who had been there and done it, his experience alone coukd be a benefit. He'd relish playing and moulding the Neto, podence attacking threat into a real force. And would be great for Silva in how to play the front line role at the level needed.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spiers also said Nuno has doubts on Origi just as I have (not that the later matters) so no idea why he has listed him as option.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why not? It all depends on who becomes available and at what price? This is is not a luxury item - without a striker for the rest of the season there is every likelihood of moving into the relegation zone with confidence plummeting. This January is crucial but inevitably it is a tough number signing a quality striker at any time of the year.

no one is going to sell a striker in Jan for a reasonable sum.

It’s an essential signing obviously , but can only see a Loan deal or a player not currently first choice

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“ looking at other options “ yeah right , in other words 4 weeks of mega faffing about whilst dropping further down the league
That Reminds me, I need to get my faffometer polished up and ready for action

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
no one is going to sell a striker in Jan for a reasonable sum.

It’s an essential signing obviously , but can only see a Loan deal or a player not currently first choice

With the current climate,anything is possible.These foreign teams dow get the money from sky etc that we do.

R

reanswolf

Given the transition the squad is going through I think Costa could be ideal really. Wily old stiker who had been there and done it, his experience alone coukd be a benefit. He'd relish playing and moulding the Neto, podence attacking threat into a real force. And would be great for Silva in how to play the front line role at the level needed.
I'm not sure this Costa with 15 injuries in 3 years would relish playing the lone Wolves striker role, at all.
Clearly nowhere near the player he once was, one to avoid.

D

Deleted member 8913

That Reminds me, I need to get my faffometer polished up and ready for action
Exactly ...even if we got Messi we would have no chance of top six. If we use the squad we have we may not climb the table but should be confident of 7-14 finish and valuable experience for the new boys.

‘so I reckon we Faff around for a transitional season and make bigger decisions in the summer rather than spend 5 mill on costa for six months.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If we can get a top striker perhaps with Jorge's help in January, why not? Even if Raul comes back next season as the same player, which is by no means certain, having another top striker that can play with Raul could only be a positive and very likely fire us up the league table. If Fosun have the funds and the right striker is available there is no question in my mind that we should go for it.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I don’t like to read ‘Looking at other options’. because that infers scratching around .
I would prefer to read ‘The club are talking to other players’

Scott.Cooper

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not surprised at all that we are not interested in Costa. It makes little commercial sense.

Spiers is usually correct when it comes to ruling out players. The club are probably quite prepared to give him information in order to rule out. They will be far more guarded on players they are interested in - for obvious reasons.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure this Costa with 15 injuries in 3 years would relish playing the lone Wolves striker role, at all.
Clearly nowhere near the player he once was, one to avoid.
Honestly don't think the role needs to be too extensive physically for getting around the pitch. Theres a key area centrally up top that we need to be imposing in and have the ability to bring the wide and supporting players into patterns of attack. Yep maybe he's an injury or two too far now but for his style he was/is exactly what we could do with to knit the dynamic together.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would prefer us to get real competition rather than a stop gap for Raul, I think we are quick to assume that when Raul is back he will be back as he was and I don’t think that’s a certainty by any stretch due to his injury and how that could potentially affect his game.

Problem is finding someone of that calibre in the worst transfer window (Jan) in which case it may be we just settle for a stop gap, and go for realistic competition/replacement for Raul in the summer

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I would prefer us to get real competition rather than a stop gap for Raul, I think we are quick to assume that when Raul is back he will be back as he was and I don’t think that’s a certainty by any stretch due to his injury and how that could potentially affect his game.

Problem is finding someone of that calibre in the worst transfer window (Jan) in which case it may be we just settle for a stop gap, and go for realistic competition/replacement for Raul in the summer
Silva will be back up for Raul

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva will be back up for Raul

I imagine that was the plan before his injury, now he isn’t back up, he’s our only option and if Raul doesn’t come back/or comes back weaker than he was, again he won’t be the back up, he will either be our main striker/alternative

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think we have had a link to players off any foreign reporters this time have we.?We normally get a link,and it's either.Take no notice of him,or he's the most respected and has good knowledge.

I'm bloody missing it to be honest.I'd rather have some rumours so I can look at them on you-tube.Honest ones or not.

NewburyWolfs

Groupie
Reaction score
Reported today that Atletico are willing to mutually terminate his contract and allow him to leave in January. He’s 32 and had a few injuries lately but as a short term solution surely he’d be worth a punt?
If he can just be in and around the 6yd box and tap and head the crosses in, it could well be worth it. Silva always seems to be 2yds late.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Don't think we have had a link to players off any foreign reporters this time have we.?We normally get a link,and it's either.Take no notice of him,or he's the most respected and has good knowledge.

I'm bloody missing it to be honest.I'd rather have some rumours so I can look at them on you-tube.Honest ones or not.
No nothing at all

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky Sports are tonight saying we are not interested in Costa and are looking at other targets.

Who else is out there to do what Raul does?

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky Sports are tonight saying we are not interested in Costa and are looking at other targets.

Who else is out there to do what Raul does?
Maybe Porto have another wonderkid we can sign ?

If not I'm sure Mendes will find one

Back
Top Bottom