Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Didn't Morgan & Moxey say experience was vital, and the job wasn't for a novice?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I apologise if this is out of place, or not in the correct thread but I have to get this off my chest. When we sacked MM, Moxey AND Morgan both stated they wanted experience and that it wasn't for a novice. Why say that then you go and appoint a novice at its best with a manager with NO experience and is in fact a sub standard coach in clipboard Connor who looks just as bamboozled as the players are by his appointment. I hate to evaluate TC in such a way but it is true, he is a decent coach at best and just isn't cut out for this job, he would struggle in League Two because he doesn't have the cutting edge about him and just isn't firm enough to demand good football from his players and Johnson going a boozer exemplifies this.

At the moment, I feel ashamed to be a Wolves fan. I hate to say this, and I'm not a glory hunter I just expect us to fulfil our full potential which certainly wasn't relegation after three games at the start of the season taking 7 points and we've managed 15 points in our last 26 games... I'm not in any way saying sacking MM was the wrong decision. The wrong decision was the way the board handled it, we should have sacked him at the start of the season or even in December not when a manager can't establish himself. Then you go and appoint TC rather than Curbishley, Bruce, Smith and others and I just can't understand it. Disgraceful.

W

W01ves

It's all been discussed and analysed many times over in various other threads. They obviously tried to, but along with the bad timing of Mick's sacking and the very limited number of candidates available who were right for Wolves (DNA/ethos/whatever you want to call it) or weren't willing to the club's interests ahead of their own, we ended up in the mess we're in now.

Time to move on I'm afraid, there's little we can do about any of it other than support the lads on the field whatever the scoreline and hope we've used up all our bad luck this season (we've had far more than our fair share already!!). Praying for a footballing miracle might help too...!

R

reanswolf

It's all been discussed and analysed many times over in various other threads. They obviously tried to, but along with the bad timing of Mick's sacking and the very limited number of candidates available who were right for Wolves (DNA/ethos/whatever you want to call it) or weren't willing to the club's interests ahead of their own, we ended up in the mess we're in now.

Time to move on I'm afraid, there's little we can do about any of it other than support the lads on the field whatever the scoreline and hope we've used up all our bad luck this season (we've had far more than our fair share already!!). Praying for a footballing miracle might help too...!

Love W0lves positive spin on it, we will never know what happened because of Wolves (Moxey's) over zealous use of confidentiality clauses, so fans will rightly or wrongly i(probably the former) nterpret that the reasons managers of more experienced ilk turned us down due to "cheapness" or "shortness of contract".

W

wolvesman

Alas Chamberlain said "Peace in our time" and meant it. Unfortunately circumstances dictated otherwise.
Such is life as they say. Move on as the current situation will.

W

wolvo_boi

I hate this term 'Wolves DNA'

Relegation, playing the worst football in the league, shipping goals left, right and centre!

Who wants to be part of that?

D

dazmanwolf

Maybe TC 'WAS' the best they had on offer? Nobody knows exactly who was interviewed and what demands they placed on the club.

All the negativity is based on rumour and conjecture.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They were foolishly arrogant and paid the price - as has been said countless $$$$ing times already.

How could they expect to sack Mick after the Transfer Window had closed and still think they could recruit a credible replacement at a cut price on their own terms / daft mantra ?

D N A = DOES NOT ADD-UP

E

Essex Wolf

People have to start taking into account and realising that what Morgan and/or Moxey say, what they mean and what they actualy do are not always one and the same thing.

W

Woffles

I actually think it was only Moxey that came out and said it rather than Morgan. May have been on Morgan's instructions of course.

If my memory serves me correctly, I also seem to remember Moxey saying a similar sort of thing about it being essential for us to get a manager with experience getting teams promoted after Colin Lee was sacked and/or Hoddle left.

For me it shows his lack of understanding about football to presume that there's going to be a with all the relevant experience and honours on his CV just waiting in the wings like you were looking for new accountant. It's basically saying we're looking at the usual suspects rather than looking for the next Paul Lambert or Brendan Rodgers - all well and good if there's a Hodgson or O'Neill looking for a job, not so good when it's Steve Bruce or Walter Smith.

I'd much rather he came out and said we're looking for a talented candidate who has a long term vision for the club but sadly he doesn't appear to have that kind of vision.

Back
Top Bottom