Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Did Wolves deliberately avoid season ticket target?

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yea get that but I checked after the relocation window and still nothing. And even so its at best a bit sneaky getting just short of the target when there is no real opportunity to sell any more. If you know there is this window of opportunity when a load more get sold then why not extend the deadline beyond that?

There were plenty on the first row of the south bank a week and half ago as my Nephew and his 15 year old daughter relocated there.Row A Seat 86 87.So there was 2 available in S5 SS 144 145 if they haven't been took.;)

Gornal

Reaction score
I was quite impressed with the club over this. It was a carrot to sell more season tickets and it worked like a dream because many people fell for it even though there was never any realistic chance of the target being reached.
But it was really well thought out and costed because if the target had been reached then the extra revenue received by the club would have more than covered the cost of the rebate. So the club were always going to be quids in.

J

JbY89

OP asked a question.
The question I believe has been answered by several people as a No.
OP refuses to accept this answer.
I sit here questioning what the point is.....
You got your tickets in the place you wanted.
You +2 would of still missed the target by considerable distance.
Most fans didn’t expect rebate.
Additional fans will help atmosphere.
Win
Win
Win
Win
Win
Night

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Understood. So surely it makes sense (if you really want to reward season ticket holders) to make the deadline after you've exhausted every avenue to sell season tickets. Ultimately what I'm suggesting is that there were still people who wanted season tickets in decent seats but were unable to buy them until after the deadline for rebate (I'm proof of that).

They had to have a deadline sometime and in fairness to them they did extend it. The point you make about the decent seats is the issue really, you could have bought elsewhere and then moved in the relocation window but you chose to wait which is fair enough but from the clubs point of view you're just replacing existing people who've not renewed so you're not actually increasing the numbers if that makes sense. Plus you're actually detrimental to the total and the chances of the rest of us getting money back cos you've taken two prime seats for kids which didn't count, so selfish ;)

D

Deleted member 3751

Me too. It was a good OP expressing ones experience and thoughts.

There is probably a simple explanation.. like I mentioned, I was surprised, a bit amazed even, to see just over 300 seats appear on June 19th.

It happens every year. New STHs want to get in the south bank so buy up the loose seats before they all go then when the renewal deadlines pass a few hundred become available.

A good way to see this (but on a bigger scale) is cup games. Look at what's available before and after deadlines for STHs to get their tickets. 300 becoming available is what? 1 in 14 not renewing? I'd guess most seasons would see more than 300 become available

D

Deleted member 3751

Just an observation. We've never had season tickets (Me and 2 kids) but attend most games anyway so I've always been tempted. With the new prices and offer I was more convinced than ever to take the plunge so sat down about a month ago to look for seats. My kids are 9 and 13 and love to stand/sing so we passionately sit on the front row of the South Bank, I looked for some decent seats but sadly there was absolutely nothing showing as available, and I mean nothing. There was barely 3 seats in the entire south bank (singles) and maybe 30 in the north bank (mostly singles). In reality, the only place we could have sat was in the Billy Wright or Steve Bull corners and who wants that right ;-)

I let the various deadlines for renewal etc pass in case but still nothing was showing and I didn't even renew our memberships as I was starting to worry we'd not get (decent) tickets. I've just been on this morning and found some great seats on the front row of the south bank and bought them, just seems a little unfair that they put the 16500 target in place and don't give everyone a fair opportunity to buy. Judging by what I saw this morning there is now plenty of opportunity to buy decent season tickets that just wasn't there before and every chance our season ticket numbers may rise (especially if Wolves publicised this fact). Would be a bit embarrassing for the club if we end up over 16500 in the end.

There was nothing stopping you buying three anywhere in the ground and then relocating when renewal deadlines had passed. Maybe the club could communicate this possibility slightly better, but I definitely wouldn't think they'd deliberately hold off the target

D

Deleted member 3604

Ideally the offer should have run after the renewal period had lapsed so (IMO) the offer was flawed if you wanted the better seats. Wouldn't call it intent but the gimmick absolutely fell into their laps. Not sure as many will be fooled next time. It saved them approximately a million by my calculation but no doubt there will be free tickets and deals spread throughout the season unless we witness something magical.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually don't think that many got season tickets on the basis that they would get a small refund.The prices were very good IMHO.Especially the kids and under 17s whatever it was.My nephew's daughter paid £175 ish last year and £50 this.It's a no-brainer for the youngsters.;)

Back
Top Bottom