Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Did Wolves deliberately avoid season ticket target?

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
Just an observation. We've never had season tickets (Me and 2 kids) but attend most games anyway so I've always been tempted. With the new prices and offer I was more convinced than ever to take the plunge so sat down about a month ago to look for seats. My kids are 9 and 13 and love to stand/sing so we passionately sit on the front row of the South Bank, I looked for some decent seats but sadly there was absolutely nothing showing as available, and I mean nothing. There was barely 3 seats in the entire south bank (singles) and maybe 30 in the north bank (mostly singles). In reality, the only place we could have sat was in the Billy Wright or Steve Bull corners and who wants that right ;-)

I let the various deadlines for renewal etc pass in case but still nothing was showing and I didn't even renew our memberships as I was starting to worry we'd not get (decent) tickets. I've just been on this morning and found some great seats on the front row of the south bank and bought them, just seems a little unfair that they put the 16500 target in place and don't give everyone a fair opportunity to buy. Judging by what I saw this morning there is now plenty of opportunity to buy decent season tickets that just wasn't there before and every chance our season ticket numbers may rise (especially if Wolves publicised this fact). Would be a bit embarrassing for the club if we end up over 16500 in the end.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No I don't think the club deliberately avoided the season target. If they did, why be so public about setting the goal and then extending it?

The reason seats weren't showing was probably due to the relocation window not being open or something along those lines.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The relocation window has opened hasn't it? So maybe some folks have moved out of your new seats to somewhere else and you have picked their old seats up?
That'll be it.

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
The relocation window has opened hasn't it? So maybe some folks have moved out of your new seats to somewhere else and you have picked their old seats up?
Yea get that but I checked after the relocation window and still nothing. And even so its at best a bit sneaky getting just short of the target when there is no real opportunity to sell any more. If you know there is this window of opportunity when a load more get sold then why not extend the deadline beyond that?

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just an observation. We've never had season tickets (Me and 2 kids) but attend most games anyway so I've always been tempted. With the new prices and offer I was more convinced than ever to take the plunge so sat down about a month ago to look for seats. My kids are 9 and 13 and love to stand/sing so we passionately sit on the front row of the South Bank, I looked for some decent seats but sadly there was absolutely nothing showing as available, and I mean nothing. There was barely 3 seats in the entire south bank (singles) and maybe 30 in the north bank (mostly singles). In reality, the only place we could have sat was in the Billy Wright or Steve Bull corners and who wants that right ;-)

I let the various deadlines for renewal etc pass in case but still nothing was showing and I didn't even renew our memberships as I was starting to worry we'd not get (decent) tickets. I've just been on this morning and found some great seats on the front row of the south bank and bought them, just seems a little unfair that they put the 16500 target in place and don't give everyone a fair opportunity to buy. Judging by what I saw this morning there is now plenty of opportunity to buy decent season tickets that just wasn't there before and every chance our season ticket numbers may rise (especially if Wolves publicised this fact). Would be a bit embarrassing for the club if we end up over 16500 in the end.

Jez? Tim? Is that you?

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
Probably better suited to the conspiracy thread this one :rolleyes:
But what I'm quoting is facts, not making stuff up. In reality, it doesn't make a lot of difference to me but I just find it odd. Surely if youre desperate to get to 16500 you do everything you can to get there?

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But what I'm quoting is facts, not making stuff up. In reality, it doesn't make a lot of difference to me but I just find it odd. Surely if youre desperate to get to 16500 you do everything you can to get there?

It made enough difference for you to start a thread on it ;)

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
Jez? Tim? Is that you?
Well thank you for that intelligent and valuable contribution to the conversation. Have you just set that up as a standard response to every new thread as an alternative to thinking?

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why avoid it? The rebate would amount to chump change to them. The extra bodies in the ground would be far more valuable.
I don't know why Premier League teams even charge for season tickets, or tickets in general. The money gotten from gate receipts is frankly insignificant these days compared to TV money and the like

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
It made enough difference for you to start a thread on it ;)
Was just wanting to share an observation with other Wolves fans and made the mistake of doing it here. I forget sometimes that if you dont begin your post with: "Don't you just hate (insert name of current scapegoat here)" you just get sneered at by the same 12 people.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yea get that but I checked after the relocation window and still nothing. And even so its at best a bit sneaky getting just short of the target when there is no real opportunity to sell any more. If you know there is this window of opportunity when a load more get sold then why not extend the deadline beyond that?

So you checked after the relocation window opened, there wasn't any, then someone relocated and the seats became available?

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

Don't think there's anything sinister here but it's a target we were never going to hit, especially given the high % that needed to be adults.

At least they tried something new though.

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well thank you for that intelligent and valuable contribution to the conversation. Have you just set that up as a standard response to every new thread as an alternative to thinking?

What on earth are you talking about? Chill your beans.

In response to the initial post do you honestly think the club have purposely done that? The result meaning we look a little silly that the once mighty Wolves can't shift 16,500 ST?

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was just wanting to share an observation with other Wolves fans and made the mistake of doing it here. I forget sometimes that if you dont begin your post with: "Don't you just hate (insert name of current scapegoat here)" you just get sneered at by the same 12 people.

Course because that's what I do, I sneer at every post that isn't "hate scapegoat" :rolleyes:

In reference to your OP. It makes no sense for them to push the rebate offer, then extend the deadline all because they want to avoid paying those that did renew what £60? Give over.

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
Why avoid it? The rebate would amount to chump change to them. The extra bodies in the ground would be far more valuable.
I don't know why Premier League teams even charge for season tickets, or tickets in general. The money gotten from gate receipts is frankly insignificant these days compared to TV money and the like
Thanks for at least posting an articulate response. I dont reckon 2 mill is change to any team. Plus imagine (and im not saying this is the case) that they never intended to give the rebate but created a marketing scheme designed to give the illusion you could get a rebate when in fact there wasnt the opportunity?

D

Deleted member 5242

I see what you're saying, but I don't think the pricing structure and rebate was put in place deliberately to avoid the target, I would have to look in to the figures more and quite honestly, I cba! :)

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
What on earth are you talking about? Chill your beans.

In response to the initial post do you honestly think the club have purposely done that? The result meaning we look a little silly that the once mighty Wolves can't shift 16,500 ST?
I dont think we did look silly when we missed it. You can always market that part as "Wolves hit record increase in season ticket holders" without looking silly

Gornal

Reaction score
Of course they didn't want to pay out the rebate. Why would they?
If they wanted to pay out the rebate they would've simply lowered the prices for everyone in the first place

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Thanks for at least posting an articulate response. I dont reckon 2 mill is change to any team. Plus imagine (and im not saying this is the case) that they never intended to give the rebate but created a marketing scheme designed to give the illusion you could get a rebate when in fact there wasnt the opportunity?
There were apparently 3 scattered seats left online in the South Bank on 15th June deadline day, I counted over 300 left on 19th June.

I must admit, I was a bit surprised at that.

But even if all 300 had been sold beforehand, the total number of season tickets sold on deadline day would have still been far short of 16,500.

In other words, it had no bearing on the rebate.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it's just chump change and of no significance then why don't they just reduce the prices then? It's chump change to them but a hundred quid here and there means a lot to many supporters

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
I see what you're saying, but I don't think the pricing structure and rebate was put in place deliberately to avoid the target, I would have to look into the figures more and quite honestly, I cba! :)
Not necessarily the pricing structure. But more that when it got to within maybe 1000 of the target you're no longer selling any tickets that anyone wants. Then suddenly when the deadlines passed all these seats are suddenly available? As others have said possibly it is folks who've not renewed, but either making the deadline before they go back on sale or withholding the sale of the seats until after the deadline is not trying as hard as possible to reach the target.

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
There were apparently 3 scattered seats left online in the South Bank on 15th June deadline day, I counted over 300 left on 19th June.

I must admit, I was a bit surprised at that.

But even if all 300 had been sold beforehand, the total number of season tickets sold on deadline day would have still been far short of 16,500.

In other words, it had no bearing on the rebate.
But thats just the south bank. Even if you say 300 in each stand thats getting on for 1000, we only missed it by 1200.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But thats just the south bank. Even if you say 300 in each stand thats getting on for 1000, we only missed it by 1200.

Assuming that those are all adult season ticket holders though isn't it?

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Understand the assumption you came to Fev, but I don't think there was any ill-intent here on Wolves behalf.
Me too. It was a good OP expressing ones experience and thoughts.

There is probably a simple explanation.. like I mentioned, I was surprised, a bit amazed even, to see just over 300 seats appear on June 19th.

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
Me too. It was a good OP expressing ones experience and thoughts.

There is probably a simple explanation.. like I mentioned, I was surprised, a bit amazed even, to see just over 300 seats appear on June 19th.
Many thanks for your articulate and intelligent contribution. Absolutely correct, it is based on adults. Still think more could have been done, just from my perspective I was pretty desperate to buy and there was absolutely no way I could justify it they were all so bad. Very different now. I guess ultimately we'll see when the final totals come out (if they ever do ;-). Once again thanks for contributing towards my curiosity.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When they extended the deadline they should have opened the relocation window and said that's yer lot to anyone who was yet to renew. They'd been given plenty of warning.
This would have opened up some more new seats in areas with few remaining (SB).

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it's just chump change and of no significance then why don't they just reduce the prices then? It's chump change to them but a hundred quid here and there means a lot to many supporters

A good question. You should ask them.
I recommend the fans parliament if it's still going, rather than me. I'd reduce them if it were me holding the purse strings.

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
When they extended the deadline they should have opened the relocation window and said that's yer lot to anyone who was yet to renew. They'd been given plenty of warning.
This would have opened up some more new seats in areas with few remaining (SB).
In spades!

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
Yeah definitely....they also killed Princess Diana
Ok so maybe I was a bit naughty with the "deliberately" bit, but there is a serious point here. At best they could have done more to reach that target as Padraig rightly says.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not necessarily the pricing structure. But more that when it got to within maybe 1000 of the target you're no longer selling any tickets that anyone wants. Then suddenly when the deadlines passed all these seats are suddenly available? As others have said possibly it is folks who've not renewed, but either making the deadline before they go back on sale or withholding the sale of the seats until after the deadline is not trying as hard as possible to reach the target.

It shouldn't be a surprise that seats become available once the deadline had passed to renew and the relocation window was open, they couldn't sell you someone elses seat until they knew they weren't having it.

D

Deleted member 5242

Yes I completely see what you're saying, may I suggest emailing the club for clarification?

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
It shouldn't be a surprise that seats become available once the deadline had passed to renew and the relocation window was open, they couldn't sell you someone elses seat until they knew they weren't having it.
Understood. So surely it makes sense (if you really want to reward season ticket holders) to make the deadline after you've exhausted every avenue to sell season tickets. Ultimately what I'm suggesting is that there were still people who wanted season tickets in decent seats but were unable to buy them until after the deadline for rebate (I'm proof of that).

Back
Top Bottom