Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Derek Parkin Tribute Night

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anybody else been to the Derek Parkin tribute night tonight? Really good evening with plenty of speakers / team mates.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palmer and Parkin were ever present for a decade. That could never happen nowadays.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to Nash on Twitter, John Mcall is best friends with Parkin. In fact Mcall is my first childhood memory of Wolves, because some guy behind me and my Dad at Maine Rd (Man City’s old ground for the younger posters) kept shouting incessantly “nice one John Mac, good one Jon Mac.”
I also have to give an honourable mention to Helen, the famous Maine Rd bell ringer !

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to Nash on Twitter, John Mcall is best friends with Parkin. In fact Mcall is my first childhood memory of Wolves, because some guy behind me and my Dad at Maine Rd (Man City’s old ground for the younger posters) kept shouting incessantly “nice one John Mac, good one Jon Mac.”
I also have to give an honourable mention to Helen, the famous Maine Rd bell ringer !
You can give an honourable mention to Helen, the bell ringer, Jamwolf, but she used to do my head in! Same as 'John Portsmouth Football Club Westwood' now does!!!
Re Parkin, simply SOLID GOLD WOLVES!

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great full back.

Can’t remember him having a bad game.

Agree with reanswolf: the best Wolves full back in my lifetime.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with all the views above.
Derek Parkin was our best left back in my lifetime. :):)

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
I agree with all the views above.
Derek Parkin was our best left back in my lifetime. :):)
He always oozed class astral as you will remember, and as John Hendley says, supported Waggy really well.

If Waggy was marked, Derek would cut inside, and have a pop himself, he had a good shot on him.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember when we bought him. £80,000 from Huddersfield who also had another good full back at the time, Chris Cattlin. We were rumoured to be after him as well but he ended up at Coventry City.

Wasn’t Parkin the most expensive full back in England when we signed him?

ginboomerang

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, was there and a thoroughly enjoyable evening, topped off for me by winning the auction for the limited edition portrait print number 1 of Derek.

Edgy had a good time too, he was like a star struck teenager !

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, was there and a thoroughly enjoyable evening, topped off for me by winning the auction for the limited edition portrait print number 1 of Derek.

I thought you got a very good deal there mate. Thought they were trying it on by attempting to start the auction for #2 at the same price as you'd won #1 for, strangely #3 went for more than #1 I think.

Good night only marred by some ******** on the table next to me making a scene by giving a young lad serving drinks a *******ing for what he thought was long service. Did it for the benefit of his table I think, great to see some bullying not ten minutes after George Berry gave his thanks to Derek for looking after him as an apprentice.

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score

Sounds like a great evening. I believe London Wolves had a table too.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Great, great player. He played in some decent squads, and some poor ones. No matter what happened, he was just so consistent. Broke my heart when he left to go to Stoke for the twilight of his career after Wolves’ financial collapse. Wasn’t right seeing him not in Old Gold.

ginboomerang

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like a great evening. I believe London Wolves had a table too.

Yes, saw the London boys. Was a brilliant evening, the comedian was superb and that clip of Steve Daley talking about Derek has been edited for public consumption !

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
Yes, saw the London boys. Was a brilliant evening, the comedian was superb and that clip of Steve Daley talking about Derek has been edited for public consumption !
The clip certainly fooled me gin.

I froze when SD mentioned Ipswich and Derek Jefferson.. and unhappy how he had been interrupted from his golf when he realised he had to say a few words about Squeak.

D

Deleted member 5276

Squeak and JR were my favorite players. I remember one game v Stoke where him and John Ritchie (I think it was him) were kicking the absolute crap out of each other behind the ref's back as the ball was down the Stoke end. It was full whacks at each other and as the ball came back up the field they just got on with it. No histrionics, no falling on the floor and no trying to get each other sent off. Today that would have happened. Not back then. Not even a booking.

Glad he managed to overcome the hole in the heart issue and that he's lived a fruitful and happy life.

Back
Top Bottom