Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Dendonker going?

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont see why Donk is unhappy, doesnt he know that by missing on Europe we can focus on the cups?? ;)

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If there is one player I would NOT sell right now it is Dendoncker. He is a brilliant player for us who can play as a CB or defensive midfielder as well as attacking the opposition penalty area. Always gives 100%. Still relatively young and an established international with a good national team. Why on earth would we sell him when Moutinho is on his last legs and Neves not pulling up any trees? He is just what we need right now in the middle of the park. If he goes I honestly think Nuno and Jeff are beginning to lose it. Terrible timing apart from anything else with us in the middle of a bad run and with little time to find any replacements. Palhinha may be an alternative but why not have both in the squad for Christ's sake. Why wasn't Pahinha signed weeks ago? We need a far better mix of options in midfield and forget about expecting the juniors brought in to do a job overnight. I just don't believe the club are capable of bringing in top quality replacements at this stage and it is a terrible risk selling quality players like this who are still young but very experienced in the Premier League.

Hopefully it is an ill-conceived rumour BUT when we sold Jota and Doc I had an awful feeling that the good times were coming to an end at least for now and that suddenly all the acknowledged good transfer decisions of the past were going to be replaced by very dodgy ones. Our squad will be terribly weakened if Donk goes. Him, Doc, Jota , MGW and Jonny till February gone with Semedo the only grown up replacement. This could get dangerous if there is any more such disturbance to what used to be a solid if thin squad. I am getting increasingly concerned about this obsession with a small squad. We lack depth all over the park as it is.

Agreed. Its almost like a chairman with zero experience in handling transfers and PR would absolutely handle both aspects terribly.

Still waiting for Laurie's and Thelwell's replacements...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely yow should know.yam never off this forum. :p
Not true... and l don't have a scooby...

Edited to add: Having seen some more "explanations" l'm more confused than ever...

Last edited:

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, isn’t he delivering in a extremely realistic timeframe?

I hope so. I have no mental timetable. But the last few transfer windows have confused me greatly. The words of the chairman don't match the activity of the last few transfer windows. I still don't see how selling Jota or Donk or Doc is going to help us push on if they're replaced by teenagers.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope so. I have no mental timetable. But the last few transfer windows have confused me greatly. The words of the chairman don't match the activity of the last few transfer windows. I still don't see how selling Jota or Donk or Doc is going to help us push on if they're replaced by teenagers.
Fair comment but maybe we didn’t want to sell them.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
ITK by proxy is a new one by me :p

He's probably our best midfielder right now but he has a lot of deficiencies, especially in the role we want him to play, if we're selling him to fund a better replacement then cool, but otherwise...

No doubt in my mind he was originally signed to play RCB in our 3 but couldn't hack it, his use to us in a 3 man midfield just happened by necessity when our 3-4-3 failed horribly in that first season.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He mostly banged the "get them young and develop them" drum. Which means signings that don't immediately improve the team, but do in a years time. I'm not sure whether this is the right approach or not, but you can't argue that he hasn't done anything different to what he said we were going to do.

Y

Yout85

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He mostly banged the "get them young and develop them" drum. Which means signings that don't immediately improve the team, but do in a years time. I'm not sure whether this is the right approach or not, but you can't argue that he hasn't done anything different to what he said we were going to do.

Sure, i won't pretend to know what approach is better, but what happens when the young ones are performing and end up doing well? Are we going to just sell them again to Spurs and Liverpool again?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely Richard, definitely not Bilal.

I don't want some random bloke on Twitter getting grief just because people have wrongly deduced he is me.
That's decent of you. Hope that your family name isn't Head lool....

No offence meant, just can't post emojis...

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
is he actually going is this like jota and there is firm evidence on this id be disappointed and concerned. basically I havent really read the thread and just someone summarise to me

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sure, i won't pretend to know what approach is better, but what happens when the young ones are performing and end up doing well? Are we going to just sell them again to Spurs and Liverpool again?
I'd hope that given we've spent a lot more on the ones this time round, that eventually we keep them and have better than what Liverpool/Man City have. Otherwise the signings make no sense.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd hope that given we've spent a lot more on the ones this time round, that eventually we keep them and have better than what Liverpool/Man City have. Otherwise the signings make no sense.

I know ill take some grief for this, but I fear wolves end up as a "nicer" Southampton. Our whole role is to just develop nice players to sell at a profit while remaining competitive enough. If you would have told me this in 2016 I would have taken it absolutely. But hearing how Shi talks up wanting to win trophies and be a world class club, then reading about how Fosun's whole plunge into football is all about trading and expanding player profle investment values, it makes me question things more than I'd like to.

Surely I'm not the only one who sees this bigger potential picture?

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have we actually replaced Jota yet?

We're talking about Donk going and I'm not convinced that our team as a whole is stronger than than the end of last season.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be absolutely ludicrous to let him go -

The fee will be minimal
He's versatile
Offers us something no one else in the squad does
Has a goal in him
Will get better
Won't be replaced, by what would need to be 2 players

And yet, it'll probably happen.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Woah. He's currently part of our best central midfield partnership, as we've seen now for a while Neves and Moutinho doesn't work anymore. Not even close. Our only midfielder with legs. Moutinho, Neves, Vitinha just constantly recycling the ball side to side with no energy. We'd need a serious upgrade if he was going, not somebody to potentially do the business in two years.

Would be very disappointed. I can be convinced Doherty and Jota going is OK, this one much less so. Even if we signed a top CM, I'd still expect Dendoncker to be here.

I'm not having anyone saying Vitinha is the answer either, no evidence yet that he can offer anything more than MGW, so it's not even a debate that he could fill the Donck's shoes without clear evidence and lengthy game time.

Weird that you say there's no evidence that Vitinha can offer anything more than MGW, without clear evidence and lengthy game time but you state he constantly recycles the ball side to side with no energy.

What's that based on then?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know ill take some grief for this, but I fear wolves end up as a "nicer" Southampton. Our whole role is to just develop nice players to sell at a profit while remaining competitive enough. If you would have told me this in 2016 I would have taken it absolutely. But hearing how Shi talks up wanting to win trophies and be a world class club, then reading about how Fosun's whole plunge into football is all about trading and expanding player profle investment values, it makes me question things more than I'd like to.

Surely I'm not the only one who sees this bigger potential picture?
Hope that you are wrong.

Back
Top Bottom