Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Dean Saunders Bans....

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
....Players from Macdonalds......Reading teletext earlier to see if any Wolves related transfer news .....Got to last pages and see this gem.....

Why just Macdonalds ?

Ah well can expect Burger King or KFC to benefit from SEB's love of fine dining.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ron, The King and The Colonel are all peas from the same pod. SEB will be gutted.

Scott.Cooper

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no way he will ban the players from McDonalds. Probably just advises them it's unhealthy!

He is just telling us all what we want to hear.

W

wolvesultra

proffesional footballers go to mcdonalds anyway?? really??

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Teletext / ceefax.....what ever....sure some of you scour threads for faux pas so you can come back with clever little smartarse remarks:stupid:

I think what he means is that teletext is now dead? or is that ceefax?

P

Paul76

Surely there is nothing wrong with a having a burger or kebab now now and again? If I was a player, I wouldn't take any notice of Deano.

S

Staten Island Wolf

Moxey's the one who should be banned from Mcdonalds

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ban them from Nando's Deano. Half of our squad would be screwed!

W

wolvesultra

Yep. Several of our players do.

thats an absolute disgrace in my view these people are 'profesional' footballers getting paid very well to do what they do they should be looking after their bodies all season round.

the lack of profesionalism amongst the modern player astounds me they have the best facilities etc of all sports throghout time but once left to their own devices seem to $$$$ it up, its like they need to be babysat all the time!

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Paul76

thats an absolute disgrace in my view these people are 'profesional' footballers getting paid very well to do what they do they should be looking after their bodies all season round.

the lack of profesionalism amongst the modern player astounds me they have the best facilities etc of all sports throught time but once left to their own devices seem to $$$$ t up, its like they need to be babysat all the time!

Lol. Are you having a laugh?

W

wolvesultra

Of course they do - Football is only a job.

i know people in many many other sports where its 'only a job' who are paid considerably less than footballers but they realise that looking after their body is required as part of this job.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i know people in many many other sports where its 'only a job' who are paid considerably less than footballers but they realise that looking after their body is required as part of this job.

Exactly.

P

Paul76

If I was a proffesional athlete, which a footballer is, McDonalds is the last place I would be going. Just saying.

Just because they're professional footballers doesn't make them lifeless boring robots. How the $$$$ is a BigMac going to harm them with all the exercise they do?

dane

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i know people in many many other sports were its 'only a job' who are paid considerably less than footballers but they realise that looking after their body is required as part of this job.

This. When you're paid £20k a week I don't think it's too much to ask that you not pump the processed crap these places pass off as food into your body on a regular basis. They'll be retiring comfortably in their early to mid 30's, plenty of time after that to do what they want.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just because they're professional footballers doesn't make them lifeless boring robots. How the $$$$ is a BigMac going to harm them with all the exercise they do?

Why is it that athletes stay away from this sort of food then?
Shouldnt this apply to footballers during the season as they are athletes?
You can still eat plenty of good food without eating Mcdonalds and KFC!

W

wolvesultra

I'm no nutritionalist but pretty sure it does do harm.

not saying they are robots just expect the same dedication as other sportsmen and women show especially as they are being paid god knows how much more than they earn.

this is just another way footballers have completely lost touch not just with their supporters but with their sporting peers.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This. When you're paid £20k a week I don't think it's too much to ask that you not pump the processed crap these places pass off as food into your body on a regular basis. They'll be retiring comfortably in their early to mid 30's, plenty of time after that to do what they want.

Take a look at Neil Ruddock these days! He seems to be enjoying his retirement!:eek:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm no nutritionalist but pretty sure it does do harm.

not saying they are robots just expect the same dedication as other sportsmen and women show especially as they are being paid god knows how much more than they earn.

this is just another way footballers have completely lost touch not just with their supporters but with their sporting peers.

Well put wolvesultra. It is called commitment and being willing to make sacrifices. That is why they are called proffesional. The athletes do it along with Tennis players etc. Why cant footballers?

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always thought the Burgers were better at McD's but the fries are better at Burger king.

As for the players, as long as they're not in there all day every day, who gives a $$$$?

L

long ball man

Yeah, the Nandos thing made me laugh. Our Mr Davis would probably starve if he couldn't eat there. I think its realatively healthy though.

For all that we have a more scientific approach to footballers' fitness these days from anecdotal, third party evidence and a little personal insight I reckon your 'average' professional footballer would be found seriously wanting on some aspects of fitness compared with decent amateur sportsmen such as cyclists and long distance runners.

I know a lot of amateur sportsmen who wouldn't be seen dead in McDonalds or any other fast food joint. Common sense.

W

wolvesultra

It's a flipping Burger. It's not a line of Charlie, a big fat joint or a E. Do you know footballers drink and smoke?[/QUOTE]

yeah and i'm against that too, although i will conceed with th case of drinking as theres no such alternative (as with food they can go healthy) moderate drinking well away from any training or matches is acceptable JUST

S

Staten Island Wolf

A visit to Burger King occasionally for someone training hard each day is no big deal. On a regular basis perhaps its an issue.

I met a lot of world class runners over the years and was amazed at their habits. Beer drinking in particular.

P

Paul76

Anyway, all this talk of food. I'm to Ronald's to get a Big Tasty. Only 800 calories.

S

Staten Island Wolf

PS Read Ron Hill's autobiography. Now he liked his ale.

H

haden-wolf

Woffles LMFAO that made me laugh out loud - might not be wrong either

Back
Top Bottom