Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Daniel Podence

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Matt Perry has just ordered some red dot radiolucent monitoring electrodes and sticky gel for the Compton cardiogram off Amazon Prime. I'm tracking the delivery, its all go. Wednesday.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Percy rarely wrong, £20M is a good figure as well the rumoured £25M felt high. Will be great to get him in. A striker in as back and we are good to go.

S

ShropshireLad

i like the way foson operate , don't just sign 80mil donkeys ,they actually negotiate for the best deal
Yep, Darvo, I’ve said the same myself. Fosun won’t bend over a barrel and allow themselves to rogered. However, I’ll wait until I see the official statement before I get excited. Even if he has a medical it might throw up an issue. :cool:

DarloWolf

Reaction score
Yep, Darvo, I’ve said the same myself. Fosun won’t bend over a barrel and allow themselves to rogered. However, I’ll wait until I see the official statement before I get excited. Even if he has a medical it might throw up an issue. :cool:

i still kinda think that AEK Athens will give in to our offer for Oliveira in the last few days

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bound to have the microscope on him :D

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wasn't there a poster on here who went into detail on FFP saying that the Europa League FFP was much stricter than the Premier League? And that Wolves really only had somewhere around 20 million leeway in Europe, whereas for the Premier League they could spend a lot more?

If that was true -not saying it is, but if- it does tie in with what we're seeing.

They've been negotiating to get the Podence figure down, and rumours are it's somewhere around 16.9 million. And we've seen the reports that they're lowballing on Oliveira transfer when the asking price seems relatively low. So say they do have 20 million to spend -or somewhere around there, say 20-23. They've been trying to get both transfers in below that amount.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn't there a poster on here who went into detail on FFP saying that the Europa League FFP was much stricter than the Premier League? And that Wolves really only had somewhere around 20 million leeway in Europe, whereas for the Premier League they could spend a lot more?

If that was true -not saying it is, but if- it does tie in with what we're seeing.

They've been negotiating to get the Podence figure down, and rumours are it's somewhere around 16.9 million. And we've seen the reports that they're lowballing on Oliveira transfer when the asking price seems relatively low. So say they do have 20 million to spend -or somewhere around there, say 20-23. They've been trying to get both transfers in below that amount.

Normally the payments are spread over multiple years and fees amortised on the books, so don’t think you can link them like that.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just one more for you before I go to bed.

I read that Wolves are slow, just pay the extra money, Olympiakos need to sign a replacement, some other guesswork.

The deal including fee personal terms etc was agreed almost 6 months ago. The only thing that has seemingly changed is the time frame. He signed a new contract to permeate a move. At that point he was already heading to Wolves because a certain other club made their enquiry about him then, to be told a deal had already been agreed.

Olympiakos can't sign another player because they already registered their squad and they aren't spending money anyway.

There's no extra money, but he signed the contract one month after the Sporting agreement and there's something in there that needed legalities checked in case of liabilities etc.

His signing is a formality. Usually Wolves have a long medical but this will be a short one.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I read that Wolves are slow, just pay the extra money, Olympiakos need to sign a replacement, some other guesswork.

The deal including fee personal terms etc was agreed almost 6 months ago. The only thing that has seemingly changed is the time frame. He signed a new contract to permeate a move. At that point he was already heading to Wolves because a certain other club made their enquiry about him then.

His signing is a formality. Usually Wolves have a long medical but this will be a short one.

That's true.:p:p

BanburyWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
It's a bloody wonder Everton or wet spam ay bid ay it.They normally try and Nick ar targets.

I get the feeling the sort of players we'd want wouldn't want to go to West Ham at least. Everton with Ancelotti is a different story.

R

reanswolf

Am really excited about this lad, thank you Fosun.

Of course I could be wrong, but I'm staggered a few posters have said they would "take it or leave it" with regard to this lad.
His dribbling ability is exactly what we need. Not sure if he will play on the wing or centrally, but either way I see him providing a real link between midfield and attack. Nuno may have to work his magic on him as usual, but wow, with him and Traore as attacking options, we have a great options.

He reminds me of the worlds greatest player, Messi, in some respects.

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

UEFA are tighter with losses but are more flexible in terms of clubs ownership. As long as the owners can afford to cover the losses FFP reverts back to league rules.

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Daniel Podence will fly to the UK today after #WWFC and Olympiakos finally agreed a fee.
The winger, who will cost around £16.9m, will have a medical today and has already agreed terms.
Talks between the two clubs and the player had been going on for almost a week.

Cheaper than expected and some of you were saying just pay 25m...!

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
anyone else feel our spending cap per player is between 20 and 30 mil ?

not saying its a bad thing or anything but just feel we aren't willing to spend over that ?

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well, if the reports are true you'd expect a sighting or confirmation he has arrived in wonderful Wolverhampton sometime soon!

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am happy that things still seem to be moving along.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honest question , what’s he like ? I’ve seen a few clips v Spurs etc , where will he play ?

Sutton

Reaction score
Am really excited about this lad, thank you Fosun.
He reminds me of the worlds greatest player, Messi, in some respects.

Thought the same about Messi from the clips I have watched. Similar style of movement and very low centre of gravity. Hopefully he is 50% as good and we have a cracker....

Exactly what we need to open up defences. Like Nuno said after Newcastle, we need different options - Podence gives us that.

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The deal including fee personal terms etc was agreed almost 6 months ago. The only thing that has seemingly changed is the time frame. He signed a new contract to permeate a move. At that point he was already heading to Wolves because a certain other club made their enquiry about him then, to be told a deal had already been agreed.

Olympiakos can't sign another player because they already registered their squad and they aren't spending money anyway.

There's no extra money, but he signed the contract one month after the Sporting agreement and there's something in there that needed legalities checked in case of liabilities etc.

I suppose, notwithstanding the last minute complication you refer to, that is at least partly why Jeff Shi was so vocally bullish about this transfer window.

Back
Top Bottom