Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Daniel Podence

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are clear and obvious difficulties that a player who is 5 foot 5 will face on the pitch. Hopefully he can make up for it by being good.
What are these "clear and obvious" difficulties? Honestly mate, not trying to be dickish but he ain't gonna have to dunk it in the net. Help me understand. Please elaborate.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What are these "clear and obvious" difficulties? Honestly mate, not trying to be dickish but he ain't gonna have to dunk it in the net. Help me understand. Please elaborate.

Having to shout so his teammates can hear him?

Seeing over the ball?

The fact that his little legs means he will have ran twice as far as every other player after 90 mins?

Getting out of the dugout if he is a sub?

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are clear and obvious difficulties that a player who is 5 foot 5 will face on the pitch. Hopefully he can make up for it by being good.

Johnny Hancocks has been mentioned, but Norman Deeley was only 5' 4" and lack of inches didn't hold him back.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reports in Greek press are that deal is done at 20 million Euros with another 5 million in bonuses over time,that sounds more realistic to me
Much closer to the £15 million i was expecting in this window

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Reports in Greek press are that deal is done at 20 million Euros with another 5 million in bonuses over time,that sounds more realistic to me
Much closer to the £15 million i was expecting in this window

No offence but what was your expectation based on?! No-one on here (including myself) has any clue what Wolves financial capabilities and intent are. We have some well read guys on here and some numbers guys but unless you are on the inside it counts for nothing unfortunately.

Well done if you guessed 15m but it was only a guess and nothing yet says you are correct!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Johnny Hancocks has been mentioned, but Norman Deeley was only 5' 4" and lack of inches didn't hold him back.

Ryan Fraser, Bernard, Lucas Torreira, Christian Atsu - all are under 5'5 and don't struggle to perform in the Premier League.

Some lack ability maybe, but their size has never been a major issue.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you look at his highlights reel compared to Bowen’s you can see all the chances & goals he creates for himself. Bowen just seems to be right place right time. For a the quoted prices it’s a no brainer to sign this guy.
Bowen is just one of those players whose curse in life is to be too good for the Champ and not good enough for the Premier League.

See Jordan Rhodes, Dwight Gayle, Matej Vydra etc etc

Y

Yout85

Bowen is just one of those players whose curse in life is to be too good for the Champ and not good enough for the Premier League.

I suspect the same.... but can't possibly know that yet.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ryan Fraser, Bernard, Lucas Torreira, Christian Atsu - all are under 5'5 and don't struggle to perform in the Premier League.

Some lack ability maybe, but their size has never been a major issue.

you can add Aaron Lennon to that list as well who is 5’5

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this guy finally joins we are going to get a lot of free kicks to add to the many Adama gets for us. Seems very positive and aggressive and a good man to bring off the bench at 70 minutes when an opponent's defence is tiring.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No offence but what was your expectation based on?! No-one on here (including myself) has any clue what Wolves financial capabilities and intent are. We have some well read guys on here and some numbers guys but unless you are on the inside it counts for nothing unfortunately.

Well done if you guessed 15m but it was only a guess and nothing yet says you are correct!
Well im basing it on what they were asking,26 million Euros i think,and what we can shell out this window and not impact too heavily on our summer spending
Im not saying im correct or know anything, its just an assumption,and as you say like every post here it counts for nothing just an opinion :)

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When Norman Deeley was playing everyone was 5-4.:D Since then they have been eating 3 shredded wheats and are 6-4 now.:p

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having to shout so his teammates can hear him?

Seeing over the ball?

The fact that his little legs means he will have ran twice as far as every other player after 90 mins?

Getting out of the dugout if he is a sub?
don't forget that old classic from morecambe and wise.. always the last to find out its raining

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only an inch shorter than Messi. I don't see the problem. On the other hand, I guess you have Stefan Maeirhofer.Tall, but rubbish at football.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
This guy was only 5'3" and was a starter in the NBA for many seasons. And this was in a sport where height is a little more consequential to one's success.

Mugsy Bogues
url

i

So, I'm not worried about Podence's height. With his speed and ball handling skills, he looks like an excellent option to have late in games, give one of our wingers a rest (competition), or when we need to break down teams that park the bus.

D

Deleted member 4184

Not sure how big Silva, Bernardo, Foden, Sterling, Aguero and Jesus at City are, but they were not born in the Land of the Giants and they're not doing too bad.

All of them are taller than Podence

Only players i can think of who have played in the PL and are the same height as Podence are Ryan Fraser and Albert Crusat.

That Argentine lad who captains Barcelona aint doin too bad

A once in a generation talent....and he's a lot taller than Podence.

Of course size matters in football, you'd be obtuse to think otherwise.

Any ball played in the air he will have 0 chance of heading if someone else is challenging for it, he weighs about 3 stone wringing wet so he's gonna be easy to bully off the ball.....etc.

However, physical size is only one aspect of the game and hopefully he can make up for it...I'm sure Nuno and his team have done their homework.

Last edited by a moderator:

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

everyone said this about Maddison

D

Deleted member 5607AGP

To the tune of the Beatles Dear Prudence
‘Dan Podence won’t you come out to play
The sun is bright. The sky is old gold
He’s gonna score a real S’ht load
Dan Podence just watch him play’

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a load of tosh some people speak, the guy will have a fantastic low centre of gravity , he will be a nightmare to big defenders, he will turn on a tanner, as for being good in the air, loads of shorter guys can outjump taller guys, not that he will really need to, some of the comments on here , good grief!

D

Deleted member 4184

i7ghzp.gif

Messi is 5’7, Neuer is 6’4.

So a taller player, who is a once in a generation talent scoring a goal vs Neuer means that Podence won't face clear and obvious difficulties being 5'4 in the prem????

What a load of tosh some people speak, the guy will have a fantastic low centre of gravity , he will be a nightmare to big defenders, he will turn on a tanner, as for being good in the air, loads of shorter guys can outjump taller guys, not that he will really need to, some of the comments on here , good grief!

Nobody has said he's going to be ****, he will just find it difficult in this league being 5'4.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Can't B Arsed Wolf

Nobody so far as I can see has mentioned the great Willie Carr, OK, at 5ft 6 and a half inches he may be considered a giant by some!!!

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All depends how we play him. If we're firing balls to him at head/chest height he won't be very effective, but getting the ball to feet and letting him get 1 on 1 with players, his low centre of gravity and trickery should let him shine.

Back
Top Bottom