Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Cutrone struggling in Italy

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hey. He's still a wolves player. Any jokes about any sick person, whether Wolves or not, are not only in bad taste but absolutely unacceptable.

Just putting it out there before I go all hulk.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member LP 3925

Hey. He's still a wolves player. Any jokes about any sick person, whether Wolves or not, are not only in bad taste but absolutely unacceptable.

Just putting it out there before I go all hulk.
Fair enough. However, after 200 pages on various threads about him, saying ‘finally, a positive’ in humour about a player I always have defended doesn’t make me Pol Pot either.

Just putting it out there before anyone goes all bat soup on me.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough. However, after 200 pages on various threads about him, saying ‘finally, a positive’ in humour about a player I always have defended doesn’t make me Pol Pot either.

Just putting it out there before anyone goes all bat soup on me.
I did not mean your post. Sorry if it came across like that. I was just being preemptive.

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sure it needs to be taken seriously , but the media are absolutely loving this and replaced Brexit as the next thing to give them wall to wall coverage of .......daily announcements of naming footballers and celebs who have tested ‘positive’ for a virus that they will recover from in a few days is adding to the mass hysteria and fear. My missus has symptoms and taking advice to self isolate , am I overly worried ....no because I’ve seen her worse with flu and don’t recall daily stats of flu victims being announced

interesting Football has shut down (non contact sport) but rugby league where players scrum and are in close facial contact is being played today ....

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sure it needs to be taken seriously , but the media are absolutely loving this and replaced Brexit as the next thing to give them wall to wall coverage of .......daily announcements of naming footballers and celebs who have tested ‘positive’ for a virus that they will recover from in a few days is adding to the mass hysteria and fear. My missus has symptoms and taking advice to self isolate , am I overly worried ....no because I’ve seen her worse with flu and don’t recall daily stats of flu victims being announced

interesting Football has shut down (non contact sport) but rugby league where players scrum and are in close facial contact is being played today ....

Bring back Brexit please.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agree with much of that. However it’s worth keeping in mind that while for the majority it will be no worse than flu, for a minority it is a lot more dangerous and for some deadly. Unlike flu there is currently no vaccine, so those at most risk cannot get a jab to help protect them. Secondly as it’s new and there is no vaccine, more people will get serious complications and as Italy shows, it can then bring a good health system to its knees, affecting many other people who might need it for other health reasons.

It’s a difficult scenario to get the balance right but I think the media have not helped.

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with much of that. However it’s worth keeping in mind that while for the majority it will be no worse than flu, for a minority it is a lot more dangerous and for some deadly. Unlike flu there is currently no vaccine, so those at most risk cannot get a jab to help protect them. Secondly as it’s new and there is no vaccine, more people will get serious complications and as Italy shows, it can then bring a good health system to its knees, affecting many other people who might need it for other health reasons.

It’s a difficult scenario to get the balance right but I think the media have not helped.

Agree on the unknown factor , and dIfficult to not come over as callous or uncaring, but makes you wonder if the decision will be made to accept some collateral damage in order to save millions of jobs and the futures of those who may get it , feel a bit **** for a week or so but then fit to carry on........
Some one mentioned earlier , elderly and people with underlying health conditions stay indoors until this has blown over , leaving the herd to suffer temporarily but life will continue and eventually get back to normal......

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sure it needs to be taken seriously , but the media are absolutely loving this and replaced Brexit as the next thing to give them wall to wall coverage of .......

Well, yes, but isn't it the same with *everything*. Terrorism, for example. I've heard many people say, not unreasonably, that thousands die each year due to regular flu and they get minimal media coverage. Yet we get wall to wall coverage, hours of TV debates etc, when terrorism kills hardly anybody relative to flu, cancer, road accidents etc.

I think it's because it's "variation of the norm". Something new and unknown. And, like terrorism, has potential to get a lot worse, we just don't know. Illness, road accidents etc, we know the annual average figures, we know that when is society running as normal, we get these small percentages. With terror, coronavirus we just don't know what will happen next.

And still celebrity gossip fills more pages than anything. Then what about sport? I know a few people who don't like sport and talking to them makes you realise how we take it for granted that a huge amount of the news is sport... just entertainment. Sport gets wall to wall coverage every day.

D

Deleted member 4023

Won't be long till rugby is stopped

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't understand why the National league and below continues. Bromley's game with Chorley today was cancelled because a squad member was taken ill en-route.
I'm guessing that it is because the crowds are much smaller... I wouldn't give it long though...

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talking about Rugby,

Did anyone see it last week,I think it was England and the lads were in the room talking about the game when they showed a clip of a player touching another players willy.

Gareth Thomas said after watching it.
If that had happened when I was playing I wouldn't have retired.:p

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talking about Rugby,

Did anyone see it last week,I think it was England and the lads were in the room talking about the game when they showed a clip of a player touching another players willy.

Gareth Thomas said after watching it.
If that had happened when I was playing I wouldn't have retired.:p
And then had to apologise because a minority were offended:rolleyes:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cutrone?.......lemme see......hmmmmmm........Cutrone?......ah yes.....now I remember.....
....a guy who was briefly, can we say very briefly , at Wolves......

turn a page

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Because they are tough!

Back
Top Bottom