Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Cutrone struggling in Italy

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be an interesting reception for him if he didn't make the number of appearances and have to come back to Molineux.
as it was an 18 month loan, he will have to have had an utterly miserable time there for that to happen

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He cost Wolves a lot of time and money......he shouldn’t be be bad mouthing Wolves or Nuno, except an apology.
I wouldn’t object if he reimburses Wolves the difference in wages and transfer price lost.
Maybe we should just forget him.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The lad needs to realise football is a game played on a pitch, he is playing aweful so has been dropped, now he is blaming everyone except himself, he needs to shut his gob and get his feet into gear, its not Wolves or Nunos fault that he couldnt hack it here, Neto, Saiss, Donk, Coady, have all proved if you put the time and effort in Nuno will reward you with starts.

Its not our fault that Cutrone is only Championship standard, Patrick knuckle down and prove you are as good as YOU think you are..

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
He obviously never wanted to leave Milan, and wishes he was still there. If blaming us for his bad career move wasn't bad enough, he's gushing about Milan and Ibra just before they are about to play them.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were willing him to do well. However, he didn’t really give it very long before deciding that he had to go. Doesn’t speak very well about his attitude to setbacks. Nuno wouldn’t have been impressed by that. There may have been some beard tugging going on.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He obviously never wanted to leave Milan, and wishes he was still there. If blaming us for his bad career move wasn't bad enough, he's gushing about Milan and Ibra just before they are about to play them.
His current employers won’t have been overly impressed by that. He says that he grew up as a person dur his time with us. What must he have been like beforehand.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Needs to knuckle down. I too don't care if he's scores a bagful or scores zilch as long as we get the dosh
I appreciate it's tough moving home and settling elsewhere in a foreign country. **** me I did it when I left Wolvo for London in the 80s and I barely had two bob in my pocket! But you have to grin and bear it and give it a right goo! Countless millions of us all over the world have done the same. Cutrone - yes he's young - was a pussy and had to go back to mama!
Patrick Cutrone
Patrick Cutrone
You scored a goal and started to cry
Thought you luved us, that was a lie
The lad's a ****in' phoney!

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'll not be back at all. Bridges burnt

Didn't want to be here in the first place, soon as he was a bench warmer he wanted out. Couldn't hit a barn door to be honest, composure of an epileptic samba dancer! Plenty of effort but end product is few and far between

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Football Italia

Cutrone whining again.

He's coming across as a proper spoilt brat in these interviews.

Digging Nuno out for focussing on the Championship squad and he's "fixated" on them.

Might have had a point if Rui, Moutinho, Raul, Traore, Dendoncker, Jonny aren't automatic starters if fit and never played downstairs. In an attacking sense only Jota remains from the Championship.

Oh, and the small matter of Neto making 32 appearances in all competitions.

Face it Pat, you're going to be a nothing striker, not reliable or **** enough to be remembered.
That’s a rewrite of an interview from a few weeks ago, which has been largely discredited.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apart from the Wolves accountants, who are watching to see we get some of our money back, I assume the Wolves mgt., coaching and otherwise, and the whole squad, have all drawn a line underneath the Cutrone trade and moved on.
Maybe us fans should as well.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did well against Milan yesterday. Won the penalty that equalised for fiorentina and almost got the winner bar for a good save. Still only a sub though.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t. They’re welcome to him. Really hoping he spends the rest of his time there on the bench TBH.
Why? He's just a young lad who speaks with his emotions. And he's not even slagged the club or fans off in any way.

Refreshing change from the usual bland PR washed soundbites from players.

And Nuno does have his favourites. Nonsense to argue otherwise.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I appreciate it's tough moving home and settling elsewhere in a foreign country. **** me I did it when I left Wolvo for London in the 80s and I barely had two bob in my pocket! But you have to grin and bear it and give it a right goo! Countless millions of us all over the world have done the same. Cutrone - yes he's young - was a pussy and had to go back to mama!
Patrick Cutrone
Patrick Cutrone
You scored a goal and started to cry
Thought you luved us, that was a lie
The lad's a ****in' phoney!
I said pretty much the same thing when he left and got fully flamed for doing so.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why? He's just a young lad who speaks with his emotions. And he's not even slagged the club or fans off in any way.

Did you read any of the above comments or just single out mine for some reason?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I mean Nuno has his favourites because they are better players. Sort of like favouring £50 note over a £20 note.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cutrone has natural talent but he lacks the brain to adapt. It's why he's never been able to adjust since the book got shown on him.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“Many people say I didn’t settle in, but that’s false. The truth is that the coach, Nuno Espirito Santo, had his group of faithful players who he would not give up, those who won promotion from the Championship."

If Cutrone actually said that, and it's not just newspaper ****-stirring, then he's talking *******s. Nuno was far from faithful to those who won promotion from the Championship. He showed Douglas the door immediately. Costa, Bonatini and Cavaleiro weren't too far behind. Afobe helped take us over the line when Bonatini stopped scoring - but Nuno soon replaced him too. Ruddy was quickly upgraded to Patricio. Bennett has just gone too. Bright has barely had a look-in either.

Cutrone is just bitter. It's nothing to do with favouritism or being faithful. It's about Nuno identifying our weak links and upgrading on players at the first possible opportunity.

Cutrone seems to forget that Jiminez wasn't part of our Championship side - but he instantly became a first team player upon being signed. Otto wasn't part of our Championship side - but he instantly became a first team player upon being signed (and overtook Vinagre, who was part of our Championship side). Patricio wasn't part of our Championship side - but he instantly became a first team player upon being signed. Moutinho wasn't part of our Championship side - but he instantly became a first team player upon being signed.

Nuno has shown that if an incoming player is better than a current squad player, he'll put them straight into the team. If an incoming player isn't any better, he'll leave them out the side until they improve and adapt to our way of playing (Adama, Dendoncker) - or if that doesn't happen, then he'll leave them out and quickly move them on again (Vallejo, Cutrone).

Cutrone needs to accept that the reason he didn't feature more is because Jota, Jiminez and Adama are all far better players. It's as simple as that. There's no conspiracy theory behind it.

Last edited:

Arthur

Reaction score
I think he's been getting sticks for thanking AC Milan fans after the game Vs fiorentina

D

Deleted member 8913

I mean Nuno has his favourites because they are better players. Sort of like favouring £50 note over a £20 note.

I remember the white fiver...definitely my favorite, those were the days...wagstaffe on the left the Doog and Johnny Richards in the middle ..sigh

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“Many people say I didn’t settle in, but that’s false. The truth is that the coach, Nuno Espirito Santo, had his group of faithful players who he would not give up, those who won promotion from the Championship."

If Cutrone actually said that, and it's not just newspaper ****-stirring, then he's talking *******s. Nuno was far from faithful to those who won promotion from the Championship. He showed Douglas the door immediately. Costa, Bonatini and Cavaleiro weren't too far behind. Afobe helped take us over the line when Bonatini stopped scoring - but Nuno soon replaced him too. Ruddy was quickly upgraded to Patricio. Bennett has just gone too. Bright has barely had a look-in either.

Cutrone is just bitter. It's nothing to do with favouritism or being faithful. It's about Nuno identifying our weak links and upgrading on players at the first possible opportunity.

Cutrone seems to forget that Jiminez wasn't part of our Championship side - but he instantly became a first team player upon being signed. Otto wasn't part of our Championship side - but he instantly became a first team player upon being signed (and overtook Vinagre, who was part of our Championship side). Patricio wasn't part of our Championship side - but he instantly became a first team player upon being signed. Moutinho wasn't part of our Championship side - but he instantly became a first team player upon being signed.

Nuno has shown that if an incoming player is better than a current squad player, he'll put them straight into the team. If an incoming player isn't any better, he'll leave them out the side until they improve and adapt to our way of playing (Adama, Dendoncker) - or if that doesn't happen, then he'll leave them out and quickly move them on again (Vallejo, Cutrone).

Cutrone needs to accept that the reason he didn't feature more is because Jota, Jiminez and Adama are all far better players. It's as simple as that. There's no conspiracy theory behind it.

Spot on. Traore is an example of the patience and trust required, and how it’s repaid when it starts to click.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Discredited how? Even the direct quotes talking about Milan which kicks off imminently??
Some of the terminology is mistranslated.
I've read the interviews in Italian, he said he enjoyed the experience, settled in ok but like a few other summer signings couldn't break into the team because the manager had no reason to drop anyone. Said he didn't think he did badly when he got a chance but that was about it. Said he was anxious to play first team football, had an opportunity to go to a few Italian teams but had only one pre-requisite and that was game time.

When you read it in Italian it's totally different to what is being printed, which is Google translate for you

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of the terminology is mistranslated.
I've read the interviews in Italian, he said he enjoyed the experience, settled in ok but like a few other summer signings couldn't break into the team because the manager had no reason to drop anyone. Said he didn't think he did badly when he got a chance but that was about it. Said he was anxious to play first team football, had an opportunity to go to a few Italian teams but had only one pre-requisite and that was game time.

When you read it in Italian it's totally different to what is being printed, which is Google translate for you
I had the same interpretation.
And yes, I can read colloquial Italian.
I already said this before, when an Italian calls someone "leale" or loyal, it's a compliment. It's a virtue prized above many others.
When he says that Nuno has his loyal players or that Nuno is loyal to his players, it is not an insult. It does not necessarily equate to brown-nosing as one would expect if we are talking about a British player discussing a British coach. If anything, he used it as an excuse for not being played. But he would get little sympathy in Italy with that. A leader is expected, nay obliged, to reward loyalty. The typical response would be "allora?" So what?"

Italian is a clear cut language. It does have double entendres and words which have sarcastic meaning but they are not as pronounced or as voluminous as in English.

There is always the possibility that he wanted to have a dig at Nuno, but to confirm that I would have to hear his voice myself and watch his facial expressions or even his hands, while saying what he is being accused of saying. A roll of the eyes, or a dismissive hand gesture.

From the original article, which was weeks ago now, and that was rehashed to fit the Milan match, no such digs at Nuno are evident.

So cut the bile and don't fall for stupid click bait crap.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a lighter note and to amuse my fellow readers.

I have always been fascinated with the translation to Italian of the words "to sweep with a broom".

How the hell does that mean to ****?

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok fair enough if it has been given spin on translation, I still think he should have given us until the end of the season.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok fair enough if it has been given spin on translation, I still think he should have given us until the end of the season.
I agree. Fully.
If anything I am disappointed with the lad. I expected more backbone. I don't mind the emotions, he's still young enough to get away with that, and it gets him laid. But I do think Italians make bad travelers. Marco Polo my ass. Christopher Columbus probably took his mum along with him to discover the new world.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Campana is in the house cutrone had, app the club rate this kid very highly

I believe there is some sort of argy bargy ref rent, Cutrone is still paying but won't pay the shortfall. They reckon it may even go to court

Jeez... and you think these lot earn at least £15K per week.

Vicious Sid

Reaction score
last august to december will be the peak of his career.
well rid.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

That is disgusting by small section of Milan fans. Astori is a painful memory for all of Italy, disgrace they'd bring his name up.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You started your condemnation with ‘if Cutrone actually said that...’ ‘IF...’
So why the 5 paragraphs of certainty?

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You started your condemnation with ‘if Cutrone actually said that...’ ‘IF...’
So why the 5 paragraphs of certainty?

Because it applies IF he said it. If he didn't, it doesn't.

Not that you needed it clarifying because you knew that really......

Back
Top Bottom