Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Cummings to Forest.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just read on Sky Sports Football, that Jason Cummings has joined Forest from Hibs.
We were after him at one time.
Thoughts anyone?
Only 21. Cost them £1 million.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't be happy with us signing him. Need a quality striker. Not saying he won't be good, just he'll mostly be meh like the rest of the strikers we have. We can't afford that.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very impressive record in the Scottish Championship, which is probably akin to League Two standard here. It'd be like us signing John Akinde. His goals to games ratio is great, but the Championship is a big step up.

For me, I expect us to play 1 up top (4-2-3-1/4-3-3) so Dicko and Bod will do as backups, what we need is a seriously good striker to take us to the next level. Marega, Aboubakar, Assombalonga, Afobe... Yes they won't be cheap but it's the premium you pay for proven goal scorers.

If we want cheaper, I think Jerome, Winnall, Ulloa could do a job but the difference is I'd expect these to be closer to 10-15 over a full season whereas the above would get you 20-25 with the right service, which we already have.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he looked ok when I have seen him on tv. Will be very interesting to see how he turns out. He does have a great hairstyle I think.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Up until recently, our signings have been more lower case and we would more likely have signed e.e.cummings

D

Deleted member TW5162

Cummings / Forest, there is a dirty joke in there somewhere but I am too tired to put it together...

:eek::D

D

Deleted member 4023

He's ok - but won't set the championship on fire.

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
It's a hell of a lot of money for someone who's never played above the second division in Scotland. Like most players who move to England from here, I reckon he'll struggle in his first season.

The Championship is far more physical and faster than the Scottish premiership, let alone the Scottish championship, where a couple of the teams are part time. He's not particularly fast or particularly strong. Kind of like Stevie May was, but without the top flight and European experience and even ****ter hair.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him do a Griffiths and be back on loan to Hibs within 12-18 months.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest getting ready to sell another striker.....

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Don't think he's as good as Leigh Griffiths, personally, and I was never massively sold on him. He did well for us in League One, but I doubt he'd have done it consistently in the Championship.

E

Essex Wolf

Good player in a poor league. Think the championship might be a massive step but as with so many things time will tell.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
its a decent gamble for 1m, no money in this day and age

Back
Top Bottom