Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Crystal Palace v Wolves comms thread.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palace began their top flight career in the 1969-70 season and that coincided with my one year of living in Addiscombe on the outskirts of Croydon. They drew their first home game with Manchester United 2-2 in front of 48,610 people. I was there to see Mel Blyth open the scoring for Palace on 11 minutes. Bobby Charlton equalised for United on 24 minutes before Gerry Queen put Palace ahead on 40 minutes. Willie Morgan equalised for United on 55 minutes and that completed the scoring. The United team had Best, Law and Charlton playing for them and Palace had Mark Lazarus who had previously played 9 games for Wolves, scoring 3 goals in the process. Palace beat Wolves 2-1 on 22 November that season with Dave Wagstaffe opening the scoring on 3 minutes, but 2 goals from Trevor Dawkins at 32 and 74 minutes sealed our fate in front of 23,585 people.

My memories of Wolves at Selhurst Park are not particularly happy ones so I hope that will be rectified this afternoon. We shall see.

So, COYW do your best and make us proud of you! :D :D :D

1693742472845.png

Last edited:

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fingers crossed Sarabia can keep some of his form from the Blackpool game, although obviously against very different opposition...

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at this bench and it’s both strong and weak at the same time - who makes our 9 person bench next week? Still have to fit Santi, Doyle and Bellegarde.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Probably the team I would have gone with,
Bog standard 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1?

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So is it Sarabia on the right, Neto on the left and Cunha behind Fabio (my choice)
Or is some *******s like Neto on the right, Cunha on the left and Sarabia as the 10?
Or are they constantly and beautifully going to switch positions, run rings round Palace and win 3-0...

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good team. Good bench. If the lads perform we can get a good result today. I think both sides are evenly matched.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Was Doyle eligible today?
Guessing he’s not match fit, similar to Bueno as neither have played yet this season presuming Bellegarde maybe not even in country yet. Excited to see Gonzalez on there though!

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I heard on the radio Doyle has a slight knock that's ruled him out.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks good enough to me. Whether Sarabia can be as effective against proper level opposition remains to be seen, but gotta be worth another spin after Tuesday.
Can’t wait til Sasa actually able to start games.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was Tommy Doyle eligible?
I think in theory they could have all been eligible of we registered them straight away. But Gonzalez is likely the only one who has had a few training sessions.

Looking at this bench and it’s both strong and weak at the same time - who makes our 9 person bench next week? Still have to fit Santi, Doyle and Bellegarde.
Probably Fraser, Toti, and Traore.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I understand managing Sasa, but what’s Doc got to do to get a game?!
I suspect Semado is considered better for a back 4. Doc would probably need us to play with wingbacks to get in. Or be saved for the latter parts of the game if we need a goal and are throwing everything at it.

Back
Top Bottom