Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Crystal Palace v Wolves comms. thread.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Didn't deserve to lose. Palace always tough at home. They are our opposites being fast and physical. Add a bit of skill in there and we always find it hard.
But we had chances and for once gave it a go at the end. Just lack that cutting edge still.
Getting better with the commitment from the players.
Had we a more pragmatic coach, we would have stuck an extra man in defense once one up.
Pluses; Bueno played well. Hodge gained extra minutes and will improve. We actually scored from open play
Shame we lost coz next one is against Leicester. Another must win game. Pressure is back on.

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
I thought that was a much improved performance. Bueno was excellent. We showed more fire and determination than we ever did under Lage. Adama seems to care once more.
Maybe Davis and Collins have installed a bit of League One grit into them.
I feel a lot happier tonight even though we lost.
I agree it was an improved performance but as soon as they upped the tempo we struggled.

Then the substitutions gave them the midfield. I could understand B Traore coming off on a yellow, but Nunes and Adama shouldn't have been withdrawn at that point. There was no pace at all when Adama came off

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This lad Hwang is absolute cancer for us. Just rushes around giving away fouls and is NEVER in the right place when the ball is loose in the box.

Fair enough - but none of our players are ever in the right place when the ball is loose in the box. If one ever was, we would have scored more than 3 goals in open play this last 6 months, whatever it is. Ironically, today was the one goal I've ever seen where Traore was actually in the right place. It took about 300 matches, but he finally managed it. Every other goal he scored, he picks up the ball and runs with it. And we'd become second best long before Hwang came on, possibly even before our first substitutions. We never did much in the centre, it was Horseshoe of Doom like the old days.

And I thought Hwang looked more useful in his few minutes than Podence and Guedes did in theirs. Though that's a bar so low, the world champion limbo dancer couldn't get under it. Podence is a waste of space, he should be given an electric shock every time he back heels, to stop him doing it. It's football, not heelball or fancyflickball. Useless. Just because once every 10 matches, every 900 minutes, it actually finds one of our players. When he's sold, he'll be forgotten very quickly. The Wolves player who never was. (though we have a few competing strongly with him for that title).

Apart from that, I didn't think we were that bad. I just feel sorry for our actual footballers, like Neves, Kilman ,Collins, Nunes (sometimes), Bueno, even Traore and Costa (both arguably footballers at the moment) let down time and time again by the simply-not-good-enough lightweight deadweights around them.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Me too. When you look at the Palace forward options compared to ours it's quite frightening. You knew we would not get a 2nd goal even if we played till Xmas. If we can't score we are in very, very serious trouble. With Neto out we have no, and I mean no, decent forward options. Podence flatters to deceive, Traore looked good tonight tbf but he'll most probably be **** on Sunday and for the others, God help us.
Podence might be technically good but so are players like Olise and Zaha and they’re about twice as strong. I’d start Guedes and Traore against Leicester.

We could really do with Guedes and Costa coming to the party.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Awful result but a few positives to take from the performance.

Shows again that you have to have pace and physicality in the side. Looked incredibly small and slow after the three subs.

Add a fully fit Neto and Raul to that starting side ahead of Costa and Podence and we’d be ok.

As it stands though, can’t help feeling that this season is one that ends in relegation.

That's not happening though, is it? Not in the real world. Might as well say "add a fully fit Haaland and Pele at his peak and we'd be OK".

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to disagree with some about the subs. I thought we looked better afterwards with far more possession. I know Palace were playing for the win but we definitely were better than the first 15 minutes of the second half where we hardly had a kick. Bueno looked a real find, confirming the promise he's shown for the age group teams.

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought that was a much improved performance. Bueno was excellent. We showed more fire and determination than we ever did under Lage. Adama seems to care once more.
Maybe Davis and Collins have installed a bit of League One grit into them.
I feel a lot happier tonight even though we lost.
Me too.

I didn’t expect to get anything from tonight. However I did think we were much improved.

Thought we played better tonight than again Forest.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wish he was the ****ing bus driver. A ****ing Sunday league manager wouldn't have made that treble sub so early at 1-1.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
That's not happening though, is it? Not in the real world. Might as well say "add a fully fit Haaland and Pele at his peak and we'd be OK".

Unfortunately not. So we’re going to have to address that in January or go down.

Just making the point that they’re exactly the type of players we need.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our players all look small & weak, and they play like that as well. We win the ball but with a little strength from the opposition they get it back again far too quickly. We just can’t hold off teams, we’re not strong enough.
Losing teams with little confidence always seem weak and feeble.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough - but none of our players are ever in the right place when the ball is loose in the box. If one ever was, we would have scored more than 3 goals in open play this last 6 months, whatever it is. Ironically, today was the one goal I've ever seen where Traore was actually in the right place. It took about 300 matches, but he finally managed it. Every other goal he scored, he picks up the ball and runs with it. And we'd become second best long before Hwang came on, possibly even before our first substitutions. We never did much in the centre, it was Horseshoe of Doom like the old days.

And I thought Hwang looked more useful in his few minutes than Podence and Guedes did in theirs. Though that's a bar so low, the world champion limbo dancer couldn't get under it. Podence is a waste of space, he should be given an electric shock every time he back heels, to stop him doing it. It's football, not heelball or fancyflickball. Useless. Just because once every 10 matches, every 900 minutes, it actually finds one of our players. When he's sold, he'll be forgotten very quickly. The Wolves player who never was. (though we have a few competing strongly with him for that title).

Apart from that, I didn't think we were that bad. I just feel sorry for our actual footballers, like Neves, Kilman ,Collins, Nunes (sometimes), Bueno, even Traore and Costa (both arguably footballers at the moment) let down time and time again by the simply-not-good-enough lightweight deadweights around them.
Podence helped set up the goal, played in Costa and was excellent in last 30 minutes.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence helped set up the goal, played in Costa and was excellent in last 30 minutes.

It's what he doesn't do though. The chances he *could* have set up, the breaks that he messes up and conceded possession in. As I suggested, he has this "throw enough mud at the wall and some will sticK" approach. Yes, a couple of times a match, his random flick generator finds an opponent, but that's not good enough at this level. He's too unreliable. Compared to Eze, Olise and Zaha, he was a joke.

Bruno

Reaction score
Feel I might of been watching things differently but I felt we were very poor, didn’t really create much and looked like a Championship team. Feel we spend alot of time passing it around doing nothing yet when we attack quick pass forward we actually score, seems we look for the perfect team goal and we’re not capable of that. Not impressed and concerned, big match Sunday for sure

Reaction score
The goal came from quick one touch attacking play. Not passing from side to side. The team has it in them they just need to stop this slow pondering in the middle.

Back
Top Bottom