Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Cringey/ Copied Songs

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure how, or why, but can people please stop singing Nouha/ Sako song in the tune of the Ya Ya/ Ko lo song. It is so cringeworthy and feels like I am surrounded by the goons on a night out that sing that song!

And another one is the "We love you " song famously sang by palace mostly but other clubs have copied it. Again cringeworthy and horrible and no idea how they have made it into the stands.

Shocking scenes:confused:

W

WellyWolf

Not sure how, or why, but can people please stop singing Nouha/ Sako song in the tune of the Ya Ya/ Ko lo song. It is so cringeworthy and feels like I am surrounded by the goons on a night out that sing that song!

And another one is the "We love you " song famously sang by palace mostly but other clubs have copied it. Again cringeworthy and horrible and no idea how they have made it into the stands.

Plus 1

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'Place X' is a $$$$hole, I wanna go home.

Que sera sera we're going to wembley.

W

WasStefan

"West Brom fc, from the Black Country, yadayadayadayow"

Pretty sure they copied to tune from another club and changed the wording.

S

SouthwesternWolf

"West Brom fc, from the Black Country, yadayadayadayow"

Pretty sure they copied to tune from another club and changed the wording.

It's St Pauli's 'Allez allez allez ohh', brought into the PL by Everton singing 'Everton FC, Roberto's Blue army'. Horribly cringy from WBA

As is the Dicko song in the tune of the Yaya one. I do quite like 'Just can't get enough' but it's obviously been sung before by LFC and Celtic to name two.

D

Dewsburywolf

It`s got the requisite amount of syllables for knuckledraggers to remember though

We hate Albion say we hate Albion when we`re not even playing them. Especially cringeworthy when sang at the AmEx last season when they must have wondered what they`d done to invoke our hatred

GAWAZZ

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I must admit I really enjoyed singing it on Saturday!

For me it's "When the Wolves go marching in" as slow as you possibly can sing it! Sing it at the correct speed!!!!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must admit I really enjoyed singing it on Saturday!

For me it's "When the Wolves go marching in" as slow as you possibly can sing it! Sing it at the correct speed!!!!

Its better when its slower....

J

Jungleee

Singing about the Albion has got to $$$$ing stop. Same as Walsall singing about us. It may be noise but it's boring, we should be inventing new songs about the team and the positive direction the club is in.

M

Mr Wolf

It`s got the requisite amount of syllables for knuckledraggers to remember though

Why does it have to be knuckle draggers you complete snob, have you been around Wolverhampton recently & seen the make up of the city & the average make up of our crowd. I forgot you need a university degree to attend the match these days. I'll tell some of the lads who I play football with & get tickets for they are no longer welcome.

W

wolfyjoe

I'm just happy that there are people creating an atmosphere. It'd be $$$$ without the so called 'knuckle draggers'...

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Football grounds are hardly the most creative of atmospheres. If this didn't happen there wouldn't be any songs.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought this was an off-topic thread about why on earth anyone would let Leona Lewis cover U2's "One" after Johnny Cash had covered it to the extent that Bono should make himself forget the words

kinda666

Groupie
Reaction score
We Love You?
What are our lyrics to that?
Just Wanderers for palace?

WE LOVE YOU, WE LOVE YOU, WE LOVE YOU.. AND WHERE YOU PLAY WE FOLLOW, WE FOLLOW WE FOLLOW,... CAUSE WE SUPPORT THE PALACE, THE PALACE, THE PALACE, AND THATS THE WAY WE LIKE IT, WE LIKE IT, WE LIKE IT, WOOOOAAHHHH.. WOOOOAAHHHH

Sorry for the shouting, cut n paste init..

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
WE LOVE YOU, WE LOVE YOU, WE LOVE YOU.. AND WHERE YOU PLAY WE FOLLOW, WE FOLLOW WE FOLLOW,... CAUSE WE SUPPORT THE PALACE, THE PALACE, THE PALACE, AND THATS THE WAY WE LIKE IT, WE LIKE IT, WE LIKE IT, WOOOOAAHHHH.. WOOOOAAHHHH

Sorry for the shouting, cut n paste init..

Was really impressed with the Palace fans at the away game last year ... huge noise all the way through. That song's good also - but it's theirs.

G

George Berry's Afro

Loved the Nouah/Bakary song on Saturday, made me smile. Original football songs are extremely rare, can I suggest that the OT pens a ditty and gets it popular on Saturday.

B

BigBadWolf

St Pauli were the team that started the "We Love You" craze.

D

Dewsburywolf

Why does it have to be knuckle draggers you complete snob, have you been around Wolverhampton recently & seen the make up of the city & the average make up of our crowd. I forgot you need a university degree to attend the match these days. I'll tell some of the lads who I play football with & get tickets for they are no longer welcome.

Wow over reaction to a tongue in cheek post alert. :eek:

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
St Pauli were the team that started the "We Love You" craze.

Yeah I know it wasn't palace, but fair to palace for bringing a foreign song in and making it work , that's not too bad. It's when middlesborough etc are also singing that song then some whoppers at wolves try and start it.

W

WasStefan

People go mad for the liquidator but didn't Wolves and Albion copy that from elsewhere?

H

Hathwolves

I only saw the inspiral carpets rework to include Walsall song on another thread yesterday- it's a shame that didn't get going as it brought a smile to my face. Would've been brilliant to get that going.
Also liked "your season is over" that started to get going on Saturday, but can't remember the tune!

W

Womble19

This thread is everything that is wrong with the game of football nowadays, so basucally we cant sig absolutely anything? Or maybe one song? How about you all stop been corporate prawn sandwich eaters and join in and have some fun, because I bet you 99% of songs are copied so are we expected too sit in silence?
Behave yourselves, get behind the lads

Bend It Like Dennison

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its OK, easy to remember, catchy etc.

My garden shed however... arrrrrrrrrrrgggghhh.

Must be some very impressive sheds around Wolverhampton if they are the size of football grounds.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We haven't had a decent or original song (that I'm aware of) we can call our own since Bully called it a day....in fact, we're still singing those.

For the record, the most cringeworthy song we sing is "We're by farrrrr the greatest team, the world has ever seen..And it's...."
For this to be aired while we are floundering around in League 1 is frankly laughable.

Soho Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So, why doesn't someone write a completely new song with unique lyrics, copyright it and we can claim it as our own. Alternatively, we can use a song that fits our lyrics and go with it - as most people do. Any club/fans who claim their songs are entirely original are delusional.

D

Dewsburywolf

I only saw the inspiral carpets rework to include Walsall song on another thread yesterday- it's a shame that didn't get going as it brought a smile to my face. Would've been brilliant to get that going.
Also liked "your season is over" that started to get going on Saturday, but can't remember the tune!

Me & a couple of our lads did try a couple of times but just got bemused looks as folks then started singing the 2 Unlimited No Lyrics song :mad:

M

Major Winters

It's just nice to hear the crowd get behind the team again TBH. The South Bank has been an awful place to sit/stand for the past 2 seasons but it's awesome again now.

The only one I don't like hearing is 'We hate Albion' but otherwise, unoriginal songs are better than no songs at all. Or constant, negative moaning/abuse at players/booing.

It's great to hear good support once again.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought this was an off-topic thread about why on earth anyone would let Leona Lewis cover U2's "One" after Johnny Cash had covered it to the extent that Bono should make himself forget the words

Amen to that likewise with Hurt and anybody who bothers with Hallelujah after Jeff Buckley.

But Wolves related I always like the simple ones:

'C'mon you Woooooolves'

'Wolverhampton, Wolverhampton Wand'rers. There by far the greatest team the world has ever seen.' Although this is mainly because the Wanderers bit doesn't really scan very well.

Back
Top Bottom