Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Create choir section in the North Bank

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been mooted but I think it would be a great idea to create a choir section in the new stand (even all stands). So you would allocate, say, 500 seats to those that like to start chants etc. Sitting doesn't allow the ones that want to sing to congrgate together and this may be a way around it until safe standing comes in. May have been discussed before but I think it would help with the atmosphere.

IrchyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Black cassocks, old gold surplices...Fantastic sight! :)

P

petecarvell

140.jpg

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, bring back the old NBC, most of them now in their 60s

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know we've 'picked up the ball and ran.' but I'm serious now. Imagine the visual impact...

Steve Bull could be the conductor. And before anyone says, no not dressed like the geezer from On the Buses.

P

petecarvell

Q: How can you tell when the North Bank Choir are at your front door?
A: You don't. They can't find the key and don't know when to come in.

J

Jungleee

Not sure if this has been mooted but I think it would be a great idea to create a choir section in the new stand (even all stands). So you would allocate, say, 500 seats to those that like to start chants etc. Sitting doesn't allow the ones that want to sing to congrgate together and this may be a way around it until safe standing comes in. May have been discussed before but I think it would help with the atmosphere.

Good idea, I'd be willing to move if there were enough people up for it.

SE10 Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would they not be, ahem, surplus to requirements; or is that me talking cassocks? In the cab already...

S

Sharples

Think this need to be done in the SB too, there are little pockets of groups doing there own thing. Concregate the $$$$$$$s, get some intelligent witty songs on the go and it will be even better.

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good idea, I'd be willing to move if there were enough people up for it.

Sharples said:
Think this need to be done in the SB too, there are little pockets of groups doing there own thing. Concregate the $$$$$$$s, get some intelligent witty songs on the go and it will be even better.

A couple that agrees. Feel vindicated now. A bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sedgley Wolf

Wouldn't this mean current North Bankers would have to move for fear of people actually singing next to them?

Very inconsiderate.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've already got one though...it's the South Bank.

Organised chanting is a bit naff. Reminds me of the albion's "Bomber Squad", quickly renamed by other fans to the "Bummer Squad"

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see it now...

Channel 5's new programme "Football Supporter to Choral Star" where Aled Jones takes some rough-as-bear's-backside football fans and turns them into a Snowman-singing-superstars.

Every Saturday at 7.30pm.

Voting line number is 08456789 WOLF!

:goodnight:

R

Redditch Wolves

If you want a choir then go to church this is football FFS!!

A

Apocalypse Now

It sounds as stoopid an idea as when Liq first floated it many moons ago.

S

Sharples

I should add in no way do I condone 'choir'. But fans who want to sing should be seated together.

I know Liverpool did a reclaim the kop campaign about two years ago to put all the singers in one spot. Worked wonders...

A

Apocalypse Now

Yep it's been quiet as a morgue the two times we've been there.

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I should add in no way do I condone 'choir'. But fans who want to sing should be seated together.

I know Liverpool did a reclaim the kop campaign about two years ago to put all the singers in one spot. Worked wonders...

That's exactly what I mean.

C

ChesterWolf

Would you get excited as a Liverpool fan with Wolves coming to play you?

Its like if Bristol City came to Mol, hardly pumps you up...

To be fair the last time we played them it was rocking!

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have always found this "choir" thing to be a bit of an embarrassment. Over the years it seems to have become more important than watching the game for many. After their fifteen minutes perhaps?

The media has encouraged it of course. I find the shots of supporters outside grounds breaking into song on cue for the pre-match report toe-curling most of the time.

Football crowds will generate atmosphere naturally, depending on factors like game importance, opposition etc.

I await hysterical, reactionary posts in reply.:confused:

SE10 Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me this is another key reason why safe standing is crucial in recapturing the atmosphere at grounds...those that want to be in the (FFS) "choir" stand in or move towards that group of fans. Remember the old South Bank, the top left (if looking from the pitch) was the "hotspot" and you chose where in relation to that you wanted to be. When the game, tension, whatever, gets going it spreads organically. BTW who remembers when dear old Leeds came in the 80's and a fair number of the Shire village idiots decided to enter the South Bank? Fair play to the filth who simply opened the gates by the goal to let them "tactically retreat" on to the pitch. Never have I felt such a wave of "you really ought to leave before you get hurt" vibes from the whole terrace. Happy days.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have always found this "choir" thing to be a bit of an embarrassment. Over the years it seems to have become more important than watching the game for many. After their fifteen minutes perhaps?

The media has encouraged it of course. I find the shots of supporters outside grounds breaking into song on cue for the pre-match report toe-curling most of the time.

Football crowds will generate atmosphere naturally, depending on factors like game importance, opposition etc.

Keep waiting, most of us couldn't care less what you think.

S

Sharples

Valid point. They will only if allowed and this is my gripe with matchday music and goal music etc. It completely stiffles things. Plus in the southbank you get some part time knobs that just stand there expecting an atmosphere and dont contribute themselves. If you got people in one spot, then the part time bumders can join in when appropriate.

Reclaim The Southbank!!

Back
Top Bottom