Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Coventry Verdict

zedkiel60

Groupie
Reaction score
Just one of those days,S*** happens With all our attackers out injured it was always going to be a hard game.We did well to fight back to lead 2-1 but at this point its up to the defence to see us home. Unfortunately this defence are useless under pressure and the inevitable happened.If someone offers money for Kilman Doc Or Semedo snap there hands off if it means we hold on to Ran Gomes and Neto

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100% agree but losing in that manner was harsh.

I'd rather they did us two nil instead
Harsh? Our GK pulled out an absolute worldie of a performance, and we still conceded 3.

Sums up how bad we were, could've been more.

Just not acceptable today. No excuse for being that far off it, injuries or not. Didn't even compete for long spells.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coventry would have licked their lips at that forward line today. It’s a real disgrace that we had to name it in a cup quarter final and will be a disgrace if we have to name it in any PL game.

It’s hard to single out Fraser but he was anonymous today and shows why he was lined up for Shrewsbury in January, no fault of his own he is just not ready yet. Cannot fault his effort and attitude though.
Actually felt sorry for him he needs a loan move away he clearly isn't anywhere near ready (shock horror he might never be for this level!) and some on here still had the nerve to say we didn't need a striker because we had Fraser and needed to give him a chance.... Honestly can't get my head round it!

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s not go on a Fraser witch hunt it’s not his fault he is playing. He won’t feature as a Wolves CF in the future but we could get decent money for him. Not his fault today. He put in the effort but was up against seasoned pro’s of which he is not.

All I would say is I like a Chiwomne’s movement better but Fabio would have been better than both and shouldn’t have gone until we had signed a striker.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Truly unbelievable that a relatively established Premier league club has to field that forward line today - that was all we had, cupboard is bare.

Yes, we have injuries, but all clubs do, and that's why the Premier league is about your squad not just the 1st 11. Not that I expect any lessons to be learnt -its been the same since we sold Jota and relied on Jimenez...

Sa and RAN played well, as did Chiwome- who I'd start ahead of fraser on that showing. Yet again, Kilman is an OK defender, when with someone who can lead and organise, but he's never a captain on the pitch (we'll, as far as I can see) and often gets caught flat-footed...
I think Chiwome looks like he has a little more presence and pace than Fraser, so possibly should be ahead in the pecking order. That said, the fact they’re our only options is a) embarrassing and b) a real indication of how much FFP has impacted our squad. So to be where we are currently is ridiculous.

I somewhat disagree with your assessment of kilman though, I think he’s actually not very good: slow, powder puff at times, not commanding in the air (in either box), not a great organiser, definitely not a leader - but he can pass the ball well sometimes. He has had a terrific journey from non league to premier league, and he is a premier league defender, just not one I’d want us to buy if he played for someone else tbh.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poor from us. Nearly snatched it somehow but could have lost 4-5

Well done to Cov, wanted it more, set up well

Sa and RAN only ones at the right level today.

Fraser wasn't 100% I know, but Chiwome really impressed when he came on

Defence not good enough, epitomised by Max standing still in his own box and watching the guy have a shot in front of him to score the winner.
Yep.. Kilman is crap..marks space

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coventry would have licked their lips at that forward line today. It’s a real disgrace that we had to name it in a cup quarter final and will be a disgrace if we have to name it in any PL game.

It’s hard to single out Fraser but he was anonymous today and shows why he was lined up for Shrewsbury in January, no fault of his own he is just not ready yet. Cannot fault his effort and attitude though.
Chiwome has to be ahead of him in the next game

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Chiwome looks like he has a little more presence and pace than Fraser, so possibly should be ahead in the pecking order. That said, the fact they’re our only options is a) embarrassing and b) a real indication of how much FFP has impacted our squad. So to be where we are currently is ridiculous.

I somewhat disagree with your assessment of kilman though, I think he’s actually not very good: slow, powder puff at times, not commanding in the air (in either box), not a great organiser, definitely not a leader - but he can pass the ball well sometimes. He has had a terrific journey from non league to premier league, and he is a premier league defender, just not one I’d want us to buy if he played for someone else tbh.
Kilman is by far our most overrated player. Surely have to sell in the summer if West Ham really want to pay good money for him. Little leadership, zero physicality, average distribution.

He's a weak point time and time again but isn't even noted, not sure whether it's HG bias or what but he's a big issue why we've struggled against physical CFs and playing a back 4 for years.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s not go on a Fraser witch hunt it’s not his fault he is playing. He won’t feature as a Wolves CF in the future but we could get decent money for him. Not his fault today. He put in the effort but was up against seasoned pro’s of which he is not.

All I would say is I like a Chiwomne’s movement better but Fabio would have been better than both and shouldn’t have gone until we had signed a striker.
It's not a witch hunt only people to blame for putting him in that position are the club!

Don't think anyone blames the player?

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
gut wrenchingly disappointing

hate football sometimes

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman is by far our most overrated player. Surely have to sell in the summer if West Ham really want to pay good money for him. Little leadership, zero physicality, average distribution.

He's a weak point time and time again but isn't even noted, not sure whether it's HG bias or what but he's a big issue why we've struggled against physical CFs and playing a back 4 for years.
We have got most if not all of our decent results in the last five years playing four at the back but the bloody illogical obsession some have with playing four continues.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Missing too many players, whilst those on the pitch were largely tired and dull. Coventry were superb and really should have beaten us by a three or four goal margin.

I see no reason why Coventry can't go on and win it. Anybody they are 'likely' to face in the next two games are going to be playing lots of fringe players due to wanting a bigger prize than this competition offers.

Really thought we could win the cup but changed my mind with those three huge injuries and even predicted Coventry would beat us. It's now about managing these injuries wisely, giving more opportunities to a few of the kids whilst avoiding a plummet in the league.

It does feel like the season is finished.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't have happened with Neves and Moutinho on the park. Lack of brain today.
One of them would have done. Sarabia got wound up by the crap referreeing so was unable to play that role.

Reactions: Ned

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
We looked tired and nervy through out. Lemina in particular was poor as were all the defenders. Fraser didn’t show any threat. Chiwome didn’t do anything noteworthy either.
Coventry played with energy and verve. We let them play like that.
The international break is much needed and can’t come soon enough for us.
This is part of this team’s journey. They are better than today’s display. Only the players and Gary know why they couldn’t put together a better showing and with victory in our grasp why we couldn’t hold on.
At least we can aim for Europe without the extra cup game to distract us now.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of them would have done. Sarabia got wound up by the crap referreeing so was unable to play that role.

Yup. As much as all battling midfielders are enjoyed these days. You'll never beat intelligence in situations like this.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Defensively we were atrocious. Didn't turn up til the 2nd half. Cov fully deserved it. Never mind.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Couldn’t agree more, was the catalyst for our insipid performance. Dreadful distribution, pot shots from 35 yards, passive defending, zero leadership, constantly bullied. Looked absolutely miles out of his depth.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Abysmal game management at 2 1 only wolves could **** it up with 2 mins to go.

This is mostly down to not having a strong enough squad , first 11 get injured and were down to the bare bones.

Our front line at one point was a LB, RB and an U21 Striker that would probably struggle to get into a League 1 team right now. That immediately puts so much pressure on the rest of the team.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The main player we missed was Dawson. No way he’d have let Simms bully him like he did Bueno. Dawson plays we win that game
2-1 up with 5 minutes left, we 100% win the game with Dawson. He is the only leader and organiser at the back, and do I wonder how we are going to replace him when his legs are gone. No coincidence that Toti has had a wobble since Dawson got injured, in my opinion. Kilman and S. Bueno is absolutely not the answer.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more, was the catalyst for our insipid performance. Dreadful distribution, pot shots from 35 yards, passive defending, zero leadership, constantly bullied. Looked absolutely miles out of his depth.
Wouldn't be part of our spine going forward for me. I don't think we'd miss him, and the £30/40m would be massive for us.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The main player we missed was Dawson. No way he’d have let Simms bully him like he did Bueno. Dawson plays we win that game
Fair play Coventry and good luck at Wembley
Dawson would've left one in on him early, like he did in the game at Albion to one of their lads.

No chance our CBs get bullied like that with him on the pitch.

Sirstancullis

Reaction score
Don't want to knock Fraser and a lot of mixers wont like this, but in the matches he's played, i've seen nothing from him. He also has no pace and strength. Chiwome did more in his cameo than Fraser has in the last 2 matches. We were effectively playing with 10 men. It's not his fault and he's clearly not ready, but if Fabio Silva had put in similar performances to Fraser, he'd be getting pelters from some on here. But as he's 'one of our own' he escapes this.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score

Chiwomne was awful completely out of his league, the one thing I'd expect from someone given a chance to at least close people down. Might sound harsh and not him personally but we needed work from those up top. Probably been better to have boubs and get him pressuring their backline.

For me silva at 18 showed more than both fraser and chiwomne and would certainly be far more use to use now.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2-1 up with 5 minutes left, we 100% win the game with Dawson. He is the only leader and organiser at the back, and do I wonder how we are going to replace him when his legs are gone. No coincidence that Toti has had a wobble since Dawson got injured, in my opinion. Kilman and S. Bueno is absolutely not the answer.
Kilman and anyone is not the answer. Was a disaster with Collins and doesn't look much better with Bueno, even though the latter has looked decent.

Frankly, he is the problem. It's a common denominator.

Back
Top Bottom