Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Coventry City (Home) - The Emirates Football Association Challenge Cup Quarter-Final; 16th March - 12:15pm

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
I've never seen it bk either, deleted it off my box couple months ago, sincerely hope we don't lose tomorrow but I'd rather that than in a semi at Wembley, that drive home was just awful , :(:(

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's been discussed a few times on here but the Watford semi final confirmed it for me.

Their fans burst into life and movement with thousands of flags making a spectacle.

Ours were static with 75% or so holding a plastic bag while trying to sing through it.

Mosaics are great... in a library.

If you can face it, look at 1m30s onwards for bags versus flags:
Ruined it for me as I couldn’t watch the lads walk out from behind my bit of plastic. The Watford flags looked ten times better.

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've never seen it bk either, deleted it off my box couple months ago, sincerely hope we don't lose tomorrow but I'd rather that than in a semi at Wembley, that drive home was just awful , :(:(

Its hard to think of a worse return journey. Absolutely heartbroken

Its the circumstances of it that make it worse, if we’d have been smashed 3-0 it would have been much easier

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched it back the semi final....sky or one of them, might be BBC put it on when we was in lockdown....so decided to watch it....

It was even worse the 2nd time......

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah it’s not a hardship after so much effort has been put in. However I must admit I think it is something being done a bit too frequently in recent years.

I understand it for a special reason like wishing Raul well after his head injury or after securing promotion. I’m not convinced for a QF v Coventry it is really necessary though.
I bet you’re a fun night out

Planty

Groupie
Reaction score
Reckon it would be different this time if we were to get one of the seedy six, we'd be the underdog so a loss wouldn't hurt so much unlike losing to ****in Watford and troy deeney

rubyloo

Reaction score
Yeah it’s not a hardship after so much effort has been put in. However I must admit I think it is something being done a bit too frequently in recent years.

I understand it for a special reason like wishing Raul well after his head injury or after securing promotion. I’m not convinced for a QF v Coventry it is really necessary though.

its been ages since we did one at Molineux - really looking forward to it.

don't forget , there's going to be a very big & noisy following from Coventry, need to do all we can.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Suddenly this is a match I could have got to with our boy as we need to fetch a cat from Cannock later in the afternoon; but tickets all gone. Very annoying.

I assume it never went beyond members anyway?

We were members for the previous two seasons but I didn't bother this season as I knew getting to any Molineux games was unlikely.

Unfunny how things pan out sometimes.
To clarify, are you saying that if you didn't need to fetch the cat, you wouldn't have been able to make it?

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My Derby mate texted me after we were 2-0 asking what I was doing on FA Cup Final Day as it looked like we cruising to victory.

The rest as they say is history.

It could be worse, we could be Newcastle. In spite of their size and how good some of their teams have been, they haven't won any major silverware since the early 1960s. It's bizarre and we are not that bad!

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll hold my bag up loud & proud, a lot of people have given up their valuable time to volunteer for this
I’m glad people have given up their time and labour for a multi-million pound company that operates within a multi-billion pound industry. Not as glad as Jeff mind.

Part of the Pre match Atmosphere.

I’m sure murals were high on the list of things to improve the pre match atmosphere

Last edited:

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m glad people haven their time and labour for a multi-million pound company that operates within a multi-billion pound industry. Not as glad as Jeff mind.

I’m sure murals were high on the list of things to improve the pre match atmosphere
I get your overall point, but to say Wolves fans gave up their time and labour for a multi-million pound industry? That's low, a completely unjustified argument. They did it for Wolves, for the players who will give everything to win on Saturday and a set of fans that deserve that effort and indeed, deserve some success.

I'm bloody nervous about Saturday, especially Wolves groups on Facebook already showing shirts produced in the expectation of a win.

Time for Kilman to lead and the players to make sure we've the right mentality. And for the fans to show our absolute support. As those who put the display out have already demonstrated.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've had mine for this one.

On one occasion (Spurs home game I think) I did get the confirmation email but the tickets never came. I ended up having to call in at the ticket office for them to be printed on the day.

Might be worth contacting the ticket office or fan services?
Thanks - all sorted

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get your overall point, but to say Wolves fans gave up their time and labour for a multi-million pound industry? That's low, a completely unjustified argument. They did it for Wolves, for the players who will give everything to win on Saturday and a set of fans that deserve that effort and indeed, deserve some success.

I'm bloody nervous about Saturday, especially Wolves groups on Facebook already showing shirts produced in the expectation of a win.

Time for Kilman to lead and the players to make sure we've the right mentality. And for the fans to show our absolute support. As those who put the display out have already demonstrated.
I'm not a big fan of this kind of thing, just feels a bit manufactured and small time to me. But I'm probably just being an old fart here!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of this kind of thing, just feels a bit manufactured and small time to me. But I'm probably just being an old fart here!
Thing is if Jeff employed 20 people to do it on minimum wage, then it would be small time and manufactured. However genuine Wolves fans have given up their time for nothing to do it using stuff paid for by donations by other fans. So although it might not be everyone's cup of tea, it's from real fans for real fans.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is if Jeff employed 20 people to do it on minimum wage, then it would be small time and manufactured. However genuine Wolves fans have given up their time for nothing to do it using stuff paid for by donations by other fans. So although it might not be everyone's cup of tea, it's from real fans for real fans.
Parklife.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes I do get that.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange from O'Neil.

It's pretty obvious that Neto and Bellegarde are out and we can work out most of it from the training pictures.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Giving nothing away to Coventry. And why would he?

Neto back?

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Strange from O'Neil.

It's pretty obvious that Neto and Bellegarde are out and we can work out most of it from the training pictures.
Yes, I mean normally he states the obvious about players we know are out and muddies the waters on ones that people aren't sure about. Maybe the strange thing is asking managers to give away information on their possible line-ups 24 hours ahead of a game?

SB_Upper

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thinking about it, the Cov boss said in the week that it's difficult to plan for the game not knowing who we will have available, so maybe Gary is just playing along with that.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's either sinister or trying to play mind games with the opposition. :oops:

Reaction score
I’m glad people have given up their time and labour for a multi-million pound company that operates within a multi-billion pound industry. Not as glad as Jeff mind.

It's support for the players. It's not pre match entertainment in my view, as I won't be able to see it.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like the displays. Theres nothing wrong with it at one of matches i.e QF, Semi etc for the 30 seconds of time it takes up.

Plus our one off matches are once every blue moon.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To clarify, are you saying that if you didn't need to fetch the cat, you wouldn't have been able to make it?
Yes; I chuckled to myself as I was writing that knowing how utterly daft it sounds :~}

My logic, however, is impeccable - our boy has his own football matches on Saturdays, which he loves and is doing really well in. He's a sweeper-defender [he loves our Connor and models himself on him] with, dare I say so myself, a very impressive reading of the game for a kid of his age [8]. With Wolvo being a 2-3 hour M1-M6 journey for us, we can't get to Molineux on Saturdays at the moment [this season and probably for the foreseeable future unless he steps back from his own football; we see way more of us away than we do at home because of this].

However, our long search for a replacement feline has finally landed us one in Cannock, right cat right price right people, with the only possible pick-up time this month being tomorrow afternoon @ 16:30; my wife can't take him to his match tomorrow / fetch the feline as she's stuck with a day at work, very unusual for her, and it's therefore down to our boy & me to do the deed.

It's like getting to this match is written in the stars. Who am I to deny destiny?

Well; if I can get my mitts on two tickets anyway :tongueclosed:

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
There are tickets for members available now. Nice ones in BWU (player returns maybe?) and NB (unsold WV1 presumably)

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes; I chuckled to myself as I was writing that knowing how utterly daft it sounds :~}

My logic, however, is impeccable - our boy has his own football matches on Saturdays, which he loves and is doing really well in. He's a sweeper-defender [he loves our Connor and models himself on him] with, dare I say so myself, a very impressive reading of the game for a kid of his age [8]. With Wolvo being a 2-3 hour M1-M6 journey for us, we can't get to Molineux on Saturdays at the moment [this season and probably for the foreseeable future unless he steps back from his own football; we see way more of us away than we do at home because of this].

However, our long search for a replacement feline has finally landed us one in Cannock, right cat right price right people, with the only possible pick-up time this month being tomorrow afternoon @ 16:30; my wife can't take him to his match tomorrow / fetch the feline as she's stuck with a day at work, very unusual for her, and it's therefore down to our boy & me to do the deed.

It's like getting to this match is written in the stars. Who am I to deny destiny?

And, if you go and we win, then the naming possibilities for a new cat are enormous ...

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

Keep Checking there’ll be a few popping up now

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, I mean normally he states the obvious about players we know are out and muddies the waters on ones that people aren't sure about. Maybe the strange thing is asking managers to give away information on their possible line-ups 24 hours ahead of a game?
They know behind closed doors that Cunha is ready to go but waiting till an hour before kick off to put him in the starting line up and thus hype the crowd even more.

Yeah? Yup.

Back
Top Bottom