Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Coventry City (Home) - The Emirates Football Association Challenge Cup Quarter-Final; 16th March - 12:15pm

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After the gritty win of last night, it is Championship side, fellow West Midlanders and play-off chasers in Coventry City on probably one of 16th/17th March, who stand between us and a visit to back under the arch on either 20th/21st April.

If there is one thing I would love for the club to do, is very much replicate the kind of mural that the South Bank did, ahead of that famous night against Manchester United on 16th March 2019 and do something very cool right around the ground.

Perhaps something for @OldGoldPack to use there wizardry on, knowing how awesome the flags are around the ground?

The Quarter Final will be another massive occasion and just like 5 years ago, it’s wonderful to be dreaming!

IMG_1924.jpeg

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we need to keep both feet firmly on the ground. Go about our business in the professional manner this manager has presided over. I don’t think we need any form of mural etc that may be deemed a bit tacky ??
Please remember when the draw was made Coventry will also be happy they drew arguably the best draw ( albeit away ) they could have hoped for
This is not going to be easy at all , the crowd need to be bang at it from the KO

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great opportunity for one of those days as fans we dream about .......Hope its Saturday night under the lights as always seems to crate a special atmosphere and bring out the best in both fans and team ...........

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Much, much tougher game than people are currently giving it credit for - albeit the best draw we could have got.

Massive opportunity to get back to Wembley.

Hoping it’s on the Sunday, when will we find out?

The Wolves app is currently showing it as Saturday March 16th, at 3pm, replacing the now postponed Bournemouth game. Given the other draws, I doubt we will get selected for tv coverage, which would have caused it to move.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The Wolves app is currently showing it as Saturday March 16th, at 3pm, replacing the now postponed Bournemouth game. Given the other draws, I doubt we will get selected for tv coverage, which would have caused it to move.

I think albion are at home on the 16th, WMP may want to move it.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
kilman.jpg

It's happening lads and lasses, believe it.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All four quarter finals were on TV last year, Man City v Burnley on the Saturday, Sheff U v Blackburn, Brighton v Grimsby and Man U v Fulham on the Sunday

Which maybe means at least we shouldn't get shifted to Friday night

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All quarter final games will be shown live on TV and as it’s unlikely to clash with any of the Prem TV games that weekend the following slots are a possibility:-

Friday Night 7.45pm
Saturday lunch time 12.30
Saturday evening 8pm
Sunday 12.30pm
Sunday 4.30pm

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last year the games were played at these times;

Sat 5.45pm
Sun 12.00pm
Sun 2.15pm
Sun 4.30pm

You could see us being the Sunday midday or 2.15pm game.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All quarter final games will be shown live on TV and as it’s unlikely to clash with any of the Prem TV games that weekend the following slots are a possibility:-

Friday Night 7.45pm
Saturday lunch time 12.30
Saturday evening 8pm
Sunday 12.30pm
Sunday 4.30pm
Friday or Saturday evening would be best

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sat 5.45pm
Sun 12.00pm
Sun 2.15pm
Sun 4.30pm

Man U Liverpool surely Sunday 4:30

Then it’s whichever other slot we fall into

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last years kick off times for comparison:

Saturday 18th March - 17:45
Sunday 19th March - 12:00, 14:15 and 16:30

I suspect we will be one of the earlier Sunday slots. United / Liverpool nailed on for Saturday, City/Newcastle will be late Sunday.

Reaction score
All 4 games will be on TV, with 2 likely on the Saturday and 2 on the Sunday.

I'm guessing police will want Manure v Liverpool to be played in one of the lunchtime slots (almost certainly Sunday as Liverpool play in Europe on the previous Thursday) so we could be the Saturday lunchtime slot if WMP also get involved?

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sat 5.45pm
Sun 12.00pm
Sun 2.15pm
Sun 4.30pm

Beat me to it!

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a great draw. Not because Cov are lower than us but we are at home and this is (kind of) a local derby.

Don’t forget Cov have a great history in the competition (who can forget them winning 3-2 vs Spuds?) and whatever way you look at it there will be a West Midlands club in tbe semis.

The 1/4 finals are where it all starts to become very real and the question: could it be our year becomes tangible

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd imagine it will be the first game on Sunday at midday. As much as it is the best draw we could have hoped for - it wont be setting pulses racing across the footballing world!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm guessing they will bring a full allocation also so WMP would not want an evening game...

Yeah, it's the only fixture other than Man U vs Liverpool that would require an earlier kick off.

Can see it being the early game on the Sunday.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please remember when the draw was made Coventry will also be happy they drew arguably the best draw ( albeit away ) they could have hoped for
When you say we're the best, in what sense? Chelsea, Newcastle and Leicester are all below us in the table. Surely their best chance to get through is against another Championship side, like Leicester. A home draw to them would have been the best draw.

Whirligig Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Have you chaps all booked a London train/hotel for the final or just the semi?

NOTHING CAN GO WRONG NOW!

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd imagine it will be the first game on Sunday at midday. As much as it is the best draw we could have hoped for - it wont be setting pulses racing across the footballing world!

That is already apparent Bill !!! Last night it took until 10.25 for Radio 5 to mention anything about Wolves beating Brighton after the customary worshipping at the the great North West shrines of Manure and Liverpool ! With a few minutes on a side from West London who we did the double over. Of course this morning on Sky Sports there was not even a mention of Wolves 1 Brighton 0 it as if the game never took place !

I think your 12 noon shout is spot on. As you seem to be of a certain vintage, you will remember the days of the main blockbuster movie at the pictures having a support film, that will be what this game will be to BBC or ITV. They will split the Liverpool v Man U and Citeh v Newcastle games between them with the two remaining games as the equivalent of the support films or the Pearl and Dean commercials !!!! Roland Rat / Gary Lineker will be all over his Leicester side v Chelsea so I reckon it will be on ITV.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely it will be the early game on Sunday on ITV.

ITV have last choice of TV picks in this round, which this tie will almost certainly be.

On Saturday both the Savs and Blues are playing at home, so I can't see WMP fancying having to cope with a Midlands derby on the same day (it's weird that we were scheduled to play at home on the same day in the PL, but Bournemouth must be a very low risk fixture).

Furthermore, ITV have rugby on Saturday through from 4:30 pm to late, so no space for football on their main channel there (assuming they aren't going to shift a cup game to ITV4).

It can't be Monday as the international break starts after Sunday and I don't see ITV ripping up their Friday night schedule (Big Brother eviction) to bring the nation Wolves vs Coventry. The BBC can't use Friday either as they have Comic Relief on that night and they can't use early Saturday as they have Wales in the 6 Nations at 2pm..

Early Sunday, directly followed - after no post-match coverage and umpteen adverts- by Utd vs Liverpool on ITV (Liverpool have to play Sunday because they have the Europa League on the Thursday before).

Last edited:

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Early Sunday, directly followed - after no post-match coverage and umpteen adverts- by Utd vs Liverpool on ITV (Liverpool have to play Sunday because they have the Europa League on the Thursday before).

Oooo, I can't wait for the bit where they cut away from our game to show the United and Liverpool players getting off the team coach live.

I LOVE it when they do that.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

All on TV

k-dog

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Oooo, I can't wait for the bit where they cut away from our game to show the United and Liverpool players getting off the team coach live.

I LOVE it when they do that.
Absolute drivel isn’t it, the sort of thing I imagine they do in American sports. It’s bad enough cutting to another game to show a goal.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coventry will be up for it, win/win for them, no expectations.

Hope the crowd is at from the off, a chance to banish the FA Cup Wembley ghost is on the cards.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely it will be the early game on Sunday on ITV.

ITV have last choice of TV picks in this round, which this tie will almost certainly be.

On Saturday both the Savs and Blues are playing at home, so I can't see WMP fancying having to cope with a Midlands derby on the same day (it's weird that we were scheduled to play at home on the same day in the PL, but Bournemouth must be a very low risk fixture).

Furthermore, ITV have rugby on Saturday through from 4:30 pm to late, so no space for football on their main channel there (assuming they aren't going to shift a cup game to ITV4).

It can't be Monday as the international break starts after Sunday and I don't see ITV ripping up their Friday night schedule (Big Brother eviction) to bring the nation Wolves vs Coventry. The BBC can't use Friday either as they have Comic Relief on that night and they can't use early Saturday as they have Wales in the 6 Nations at 2pm..

City & United both at home so 1 on sat & 1 on Sunday

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When did they announce the timings last season, it's only 2 weeks away so we need clarification soon.

Back
Top Bottom