Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Coventry City (Home) - The Emirates Football Association Challenge Cup Quarter-Final; 16th March - 12:15pm

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's only going to get worse if we get to the semi final, let alone the final. The elation of those with tickets, the bitterness of those without. I've been in both places, and remember what it was like on here the last time. Almost as bad as the English press when England are doing well in the world cup or whatever. Maybe those who get a ticket don't need to share their joy on here in a way that makes those without feel worse. If we get further, let the mods take off any comments rejoicing in the face of other's despair, and only those offering to help get a ticket for someone without should be allowed.
And as I was writing this, kinda light hearted by the way, I realise I did the kinda same when I posted I'd won a ticket for Villa away in the ballot. Yes! How lucky was I! Or actually my girlfriend...
But oh god it was horrible last time!
Same with the sherpa van back in the day, though. The price of success.
Wolves ay we

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Well, I'd love to be in a position to even be thinking about whether I could get a ticket or not, but my health means that there's no point in that even crossing my mind.
Thats hard too... good times happening without me.
The obvious solution is to have no mention whatsoever of tickets or attending games....

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, I'd love to be in a position to even be thinking about whether I could get a ticket or not, but my health means that there's no point in that even crossing my mind.
Thats hard too... good times happening without me.
The obvious solution is to have no mention whatsoever of tickets or attending games....
I really hope one day that that changes and that you can get to a game again. It would be fantastic, and I'm sure everyone on molineux mix has that wish for you.
And I know its not the same, at all, but in the meantime your helping to run molmix and allowing wolves fans to share in being wolves from near and far away is something really important for all of us on here. Thank you.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
I really hope one day that that changes and that you can get to a game again. It would be fantastic, and I'm sure everyone on molineux mix has that wish for you.
And I know its not the same, at all, but in the meantime your helping to run molmix and allowing wolves fans to share in being wolves from near and far away is something really important for all of us on here. Thank you.
You are too nice!
My post above is true, but I was also teasing.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It is funny that before Brighton in Rnd 5 I was on here trying to persuade people who reckoned that they would have come if it was £20, but weren't going to pay £25 to make the effort, but apparently there's a cost of living crisis etc. (which there is of course, it's just now not an issue). Now for the mighty Coventry in Rnd 6 it's a disgrace that there aren't more tickets.

The only people I have real sympathy with are non-members who came to the earlier rounds and now can't get in.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is funny that before Brighton in Rnd 5 I was on here trying to persuade people who reckoned that they would have come if it was £20, but weren't going to pay £25 to make the effort, but apparently there's a cost of living crisis etc. (which there is of course, it's just now not an issue). Now for the mighty Coventry in Rnd 6 it's a disgrace that there aren't more tickets.

The only people I have real sympathy with are non-members who came to the earlier rounds and now can't get in.

Real fans buy memberships and season tickets.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moaning that you can't get two tickets for a big cup game in the way you did, when you're not a member, and don't often attend matches - regardless of being a fan for many years - is a bit entitled.
Did you read my original post???
That's not what I moaned about at all...I complained that the £516 wolves wanted to charge me for 2 tickets to watch a match , with a curled up dry prawn sandwich is DISGUSTING...and a shame the club has gone down the same route as Chelsea etc ...get your facts right

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

None of those people will be able to afford semi-final tickets if we get through, obviously. It's a shame our end at Wembley would be half empty.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Thought I'd try and treat my boy to watching this one ,,we don't go so much now as we re 180 miles away ...no tickets left for fans who ve been going 55 years , unless we pay £516 to go in hospitality!!! Seriously!! ??
Such a shame wolves have followed the Chelsea's of this world.
No wonder people watch it on the TV , I may even spend £4.45 making some prawn sandwiches

That's not what I moaned about at all...I complained that the £516 wolves wanted to charge me for 2 tickets to watch a match , with a curled up dry prawn sandwich is DISGUSTING...and a shame the club has gone down the same route as Chelsea etc ...get your facts right
I did yeah. You complained about there being no tickets left for fans who've been going for 55 years.
Its not hospitality seats that are preventing you from attending - the club is bound to provide a number of those - its the fact that you aren't a member and haven't been attending games for a while. If you set your sights on a big cup match under those circumstances its hardly surprising that you'll likely end up disappointed.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Real fans buy memberships and season tickets.
Well I think that's an over-simplification to be fair. Apart from the lack of availability of STs, a membership is quite a hefty layout for someone who can't get to many games and of course as above there are very loyal fans who can't actually attend at all. Suddenly deciding you do have the money, time and loyalty when a big game comes along and moaning because you can't get a ticket is a bit ridiculous though.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If we get to Wembley for a Semi Final, guessing there will be about 34,000 tickets, maybe a bit more given we'd be the least interesting to corporates.

How many STs have we got? About 23,000? Plenty left.

It's the Final we can save our big arguments for. ;)
I remember the semi final v Watford went down to members who had attended 1 or 2 games before it sold out.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Usual get about 30k each for the final that was allocation last year I think
7k left for members

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I think that's an over-simplification to be fair. Apart from the lack of availability of STs, a membership is quite a hefty layout for someone who can't get to many games and of course as above there are very loyal fans who can't actually attend at all. Suddenly deciding you do have the money, time and loyalty when a big game comes along and moaning because you can't get a ticket is a bit ridiculous though.

I was only joking with that comment tbh

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was also a member in the 4th division days. Whenever we somehow managed to compete in a big game challenges presented themselves. I remember my mum queuing for nearly 3 hours in the rain to get tickets for Torquay because I was at school and my dad was at work. Later, under Hayward, many of us slept outside the ground to get a ticket most notably in the FA Cup games against Tottenham and Crystal Palace IIRC. We have a large group of casual supporters that will always ebb and flow around successful periods - that's football.

I get my membership every year and get to the majority of games. If I need to queue it's waiting in front of a computer instead of out in the cold. It isn't ideal but it's the fairest option I can think of.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was also a member in the 4th division days. Whenever we somehow managed to compete in a big game challenges presented themselves. I remember my mum queuing for nearly 3 hours in the rain to get tickets for Torquay because I was at school and my dad was at work. Later, under Hayward, many of us slept outside the ground to get a ticket most notably in the FA Cup games against Tottenham and Crystal Palace IIRC. We have a large group of casual supporters that will always ebb and flow around successful periods - that's football.

I get my membership every year and get to the majority of games. If I need to queue it's waiting in front of a computer instead of out in the cold. It isn't ideal but it's the fairest option I can think of.
Still got my membership cards from 87,88 n 89 season....with ya face on...

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we go down the same route as Chelsea.... does that mean we are going to win trophies?

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
talking of not being able to get tickets for games, i've never forgiven jez moxey for selling tickets to fans who queued up outside ticket office when he said it would be tele sales only.

dad was at work and i was at school , felt like i was the only fan who didnt go

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still got my membership cards from 87,88 n 89 season....with ya face on...
Complete with a "Gallagher" sporting pose with two fingers up to the establishment ;)

To come clean, back in the day my passport photo was complete with a fashionable Kevin Keegan curly perm.
Very embarrassing and not a picture I wish to conjur with anymore, but it did replace my previous one which had me sporting a 70's "suedehead".
My family found it quite funny that I went on a Spanish holiday with them in the middle of July wearing my Crombie. :D

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Complete with a "Gallagher" sporting pose with two fingers up to the establishment ;)

To come clean, back in the day my passport photo was complete with a fashionable Kevin Keegan curly perm.
Very embarrassing and not a picture I wish to conjur with anymore, but it did replace my previous one which had me sporting a 70's "suedehead".
My family found it quite funny that I went on a Spanish holiday with them in the middle of July wearing my Crombie. :D
Had a mop of ginger hair in those days...like Mick hucknall from simply red......so much so that I could spot myself no problem on the front on the programme for the whole season 87/88 when they had a picture from the last game against Hartlepool with the crowd on....

I was quite happy when I lost me hair...didn't half get some stick....

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess it's easy to say looking back but I'll always say that from the moment I got to town that day, I knew there was no way we were losing.

The atmosphere around the place was on a different level. And once in the ground, at its feral best.

Shame the early KO will have its usual impact on atmosphere but should still be a decent one.

That'll always be the benchmark for a "feeling around town" prior to match that something was about to happen.

Be a while for that to happen again..

Reaction score
7k left for memb

7k left for members
7k left for Wolves. Fosun will take a chunk of those plus sponsors, corporate packages , club / players family and friends etc so doubt it would get to members. But we’re a long way from debating that issue - let’s just do Cov first !!

De Wolfs Mullet

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I live in Warwick and the local radio is getting on my nerves with this match. It doesn't help that Phil Upton keeps setting off the pedant in me by referring to Molineux as 'the Molineux'. The only good thing he has mentioned though is that we beat Cov 2-0 in the quarter finals in 1973

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Cup fever is starting to kick in, should be a great atmos and game.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hey Mr Angry of 55 years, if you jump on the site you can get Adult + Junior in WV1 club for £224.00 incl VAT. I have just 'saved' you 300 quid - no dried up prawn sarnie but little artisan beef and ale pies.. (don't tell me, you can't eat the pie because you're driving... you're driving because it is the club's fault the stadium is so far away from your house..)

Edit: they're still there, i took them all the way to my basket and payment page.

Last edited:

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the subject of tickets..... anyone else still waiting for theirs for this game?

Had the email receipt which states the seat number etc but no ticket

SuziQ

Reaction score
On the subject of tickets..... anyone else still waiting for theirs for this game?

Had the email receipt which states the seat number etc but no ticket

I've had mine for this one.

On one occasion (Spurs home game I think) I did get the confirmation email but the tickets never came. I ended up having to call in at the ticket office for them to be printed on the day.

Might be worth contacting the ticket office or fan services?

Back
Top Bottom