Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Coventry City (Home) - The Emirates Football Association Challenge Cup Quarter-Final; 16th March - 12:15pm

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
me and my wife purchased our memberships last year and attended 8 Homs games, we have attended all home games this year including the fa cup games and the pre season fixtures, I will be disappointed if we’re not able to get tickets for the cov game if they sell out tomorrow esp if they go to fans who haven’t been to many games this year,

Can't see them selling out tomorrow I should imagine most of the Members plus have used alot of the 6 games they can purchase as member plus.

It will be a mad scramble Friday morning I'm more concerned about the ticket website holding out than anything else.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Would love to get tickets for this as my first match but I won't hold my breath! Hope everyone from this forum who goes has a great time and that this is a very memorable FA Cup campaign for the club!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've never seen Wolves in a cup Final so thought I best get some points in just in case we make the final!! Glory glory Wolverhampton!! Glory glory hunter!! :)
I managed to get one in 1980......and it was all paid for by me dad as I was only 8.....so in theory I used your approach to cup tickets......

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Can't see them selling out tomorrow I should imagine most of the Members plus have used alot of the 6 games they can purchase as member plus.

It will be a mad scramble Friday morning I'm more concerned about the ticket website holding out than anything else.
According to @SuziQ members+ can buy regardless of whether they've used the 6 games.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
According to @SuziQ members+ can buy regardless of whether they've used the 6 games.

I wish I knew the numbers for Members/Membersplus I don't understand why the club have never put it out.

I would expect most season tickets have sold, cov will bring the full allocation which should leave something around 4000ish for members, there could be 5000 members there could be 10000 I have absolutely no idea

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
I wish I knew the numbers for Members/Membersplus I don't understand why the club have never put it out.

I would expect most season tickets have sold, cov will bring the full allocation which should leave something around 4000ish for members, there could be 5000 members there could be 10000 I have absolutely no idea
Yes, said on another thread, asking people to shell out for the chance to buy something, but not telling them how much of a chance they've got, and then asking them to pay through the nose for it, and then letting others join in level with them just when they need it, all very poor. At least 10k is my guess though, lots will be unsuccessful I think, unless STH remain half-hearted about the Cup.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yes, said on another thread, asking people to shell out for the chance to buy something, but not telling them how much of a chance they've got, and then asking them to pay through the nose for it, and then letting others join in level with them just when they need it, all very poor. At least 10k is my guess though, lots will be unsuccessful I think, unless STH remain half-hearted about the Cup.

I know the club have abandoned loyalty points but this is a good example of when they should be used. It's also irritated me somewhat that you can still purchase one.

If we beat cov and get to Wembley loyalty points should be used.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Masses of STH who haven't bought theirs. I really don't understand people sometimes.
They rounded on me last week when I said loads don't bother.....it's the same every cup game.... regardless of price , opposition etc......

I'm not dishing em , that's there choose....just point it out....if they aye gonna go on a Saturday for a quarter final , they aye never gonna go...

For me with cup games they give season ticket holders too long to decide....2 days max.....give other fans longer to get tickets and make plans...

Last edited:

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
They rounded on me last week when I said loads don't bother.....it's the same every cup game.... regardless of price , opposition etc......

I'm not dishing em , that's there choose....just point it out....if they aye gonna go on a Saturday for a quarter final , they aye never gonna go...
Just mystified me. Why would someone who turned up to watch us play Sheff U in a game we know is likely to be fairly dire and (despite what we hope) in all probability influence whether we finish 10th or 11th, but not come to a Cup QF with a day out at Wembley hanging on it, even with much cheaper tickets?

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just mystified me. Why would someone who turned up to watch us play Sheff U in a game we know is likely to be fairly dire and (despite what we hope) in all probability influence whether we finish 10th or 11th, but not come to a Cup QF with a day out at Wembley hanging on it, even with much cheaper tickets?

Maybe they've got a ST and have already paid for the Sheff Utd game, but can't afford the cup game? £30 + travel is a fair bit of money to some people.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It happens every cup game....so it isn't the price or the excuses they come out with ...got no problem with anybody not going but they should give season tickets holders 2 days max to decide... encourage the members and general sale to come with longer to make plans etc ...

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sales look good to me, will not be many left after tomorrow.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Maybe they've got a ST and have already paid for the Sheff Utd game, but can't afford the cup game? £30 + travel is a fair bit of money to some people.
I'm sympathetic to anyone who genuinely can't afford it of course, but they could actually sell the seats back for a league game (likely get more than the cost of a Cup ticket), stay at home and save the travel costs if they're coming from distance. People on here made me laugh when they were saying how much it costs but adding in food, parking etc, all things you can save on easily if money's tight. Loads moaning about ticket prices for Brighton, club's been very reasonable on this game - still don't buy (to be fair nowhere near as many though).

Obviously people can do what they like though, just find it odd.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sympathetic to anyone who genuinely can't afford it of course, but they could actually sell the seats back for a league game (likely get more than the cost of a Cup ticket), stay at home and save the travel costs if they're coming from distance. People on here made me laugh when they were saying how much it costs but adding in food, parking etc, all things you can save on easily if money's tight. Loads moaning about ticket prices for Brighton, club's been very reasonable on this game - still don't buy (to be fair nowhere near as many though).

You can only use the resale if the game sells out. I'm not sure Sheff Utd did.

I'm not sure anyone would realistically sell their ticket for a league game in order to get to Coventry, but agree on your point about food, parking etc. Bring a packed lunch and park away from the ground!

fleck1

Reaction score

Good luck selling your seat back, they aren't released for sale until all the over priced seats with terrible views are sold.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Good luck selling your seat back, they aren't released for sale until all the over priced seats with terrible views are sold.
It's a fair point, I don't know if there was a resale for Sheff U, think it was pretty much sold out though. I bet you could sell it for Arsenal though, I'd genuinely much rather see Wolves v Cov in a QF than Wolves v Arsenal. Suspect that's just because I'm old though!

fleck1

Reaction score
It's a fair point, I don't know if there was a resale for Sheff U, think it was pretty much sold out though. I bet you could sell it for Arsenal though, I'd genuinely much rather see Wolves v Cov in a QF than Wolves v Arsenal. Suspect that's just because I'm old though!
I was away for Newcastle at home, Saturday evening under the lights thought it would be a safe bet for a resale. They were still trying to sell single seats in the wings of the Bully and Billy Wright for £50 odd quid

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Once again, it's price.

As I said previously, this is one of the poorest areas in the country. I presume the vast majority of our season ticket holders are from Wolverhampton. This is £25 minimum for a game that you can watch on normal TV. Some people just won't have it or be able to justify it.

It's strange that people seem willing to question the loyalty of our season ticket holders on this thread. And, also a bit on that Newcastle/members one. Maybe they don't mean it that way, but that's the tone I get from some.

These are the people that commit the most out of our fans. Time, effort, more money up front. Generally, the bulk of them will have done so when we were in the Championship as well.

So when tickets aren't sold for a cup quarter-final, you shouldn't straight away question them or their appetite to support Wolves.

I proved with out 2019 FA Cup run how price is imperative to a club like us. Around 5,000 more Wolves fans turned up to watch us against Shrewsbury than against Liverpool just a few weeks apart.

For balance, I don't think our pricing is that bad for this fixture. I don't think it's great either.

But following Wolves is costly. Just an example for myself, I paid £70 direct debit on the 28th Feb, prior to that £25 for Brighton, £25 for Coventry and I'll have £30 for Villa in the next week. I'm not moaning, and luckily I can do it, but it's quite a lot and I presume many are in the same boat with the DD and two home cup games (maybe not Villa). It's quite a lot in the space of a few weeks purely on tickets. In this case, some may (wrongly IMO) feel we should beat Coventry and then you're looking at going to London which will be very expensive.

This will be a sell-out with ease anyway, and I'm sure a great atmosphere purely because Coventry bringing so many will make it that way.

Reaction score
We’re season ticket holders, and had to really consider the costs etc, before committing to buying our two, I know some might say it’s only £60, but extra matches are really tight on our budget.
We can’t even go to the final should we win through as it’s our daughter’s wedding day!

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know a few not going to the Cov game. They have been to all the cup games but they have booked up ages ago for the Midland Grand National. They meet up every year with other lads they were at school with and a chance to catch up and have a day out together. Sometimes there are other things in life than football...... Bill Shankly was wrong on that point.

WJ1877

Reaction score
Would really appreciate one ticket in the southbank if any going?

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lots left all over the ground as it stands now, I would be on at 9am though tomorrow if you don’t want to miss it. Id imagine they’ll be a mad rush in the morning

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
I know a few not going to the Cov game. They have been to all the cup games but they have booked up ages ago for the Midland Grand National. They meet up every year with other lads they were at school with and a chance to catch up and have a day out together. Sometimes there are other things in life than football...... Bill Shankly was wrong on that point.
Absolutely, there are always people in this sort of situation, that's why there are always a few hundred resales scattered around. Just not accounting for 5k.

For the record, I'm not having a go at anyone, it just surprises me that some people seem to prioritise the league over the Cup. If they're prioritising feeding their kids over the Cup then fair enough (I guess).

Last edited:

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
I assumed more would take up their tickets due to it being on a normal Saturday home game ( albeit an earlier time) but as others have said its their choice

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know people who have already rearranged their holidays -- just in case ;)
My best mates 40th fa cup final day ....his misses has booked for him to go with all her family to Tenerife....double celebrations with his father in law for his birthday......he said I'm flying home if we get in the final...will be off for a couple of days ...I said ya leaving her , he said she can spend some time with her father ...I'm off...

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
My best mates 40th fa cup final day ....his misses has booked for him to go with all her family to Tenerife....double celebrations with his father in law for his birthday......he said I'm flying home if we get in the final...will be off for a couple of days ...I said ya leaving her , he said she can spend some time with her father ...I'm off...
My friend has already moved their holiday from flying out on 24th to 29th, bit presumptuous;)

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Southerners perspective.

It's midday on a Saturday for a game that's on TV, that's leaving at 6/7ish in the morning to get up to the Midlands for adequate time. Fair play to those who do it but when they've got to shell out extra (remember with train/tube, you are adding an extra £100 on top of £30), you think **** it, if we get through, I'll save it.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 of my friends thought the season ticket deadline was tomorrow....

Back
Top Bottom