Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Coventry City (Home) - The Emirates Football Association Challenge Cup Quarter-Final; 16th March - 12:15pm

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That Coventry are going to be a much tougher opponent than Albion.

The league positions - and results - suggest otherwise (although, to be fair, we'll have a better view after their fixture).
Their run to the last 8 has been beating Oxford Utd, Sheff Wednesday (after a replay) and Maidstone. They’re very inconsistent in the league as well. They’ll be hard to beat but haven’t been tested in the competition.

bully9

Reaction score
Much, much tougher game than people are currently giving it credit for - albeit the best draw we could have got.

Massive opportunity to get back to Wembley.
Getting back to Wembley have we played there recently I block certain things from my mind
Hoping it’s on the Sunday, when will we find out?

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As an aside I go on a Norwegian Fjords cruise on the 24th May…..

Already looking at horrendous flight options to potentially take should we get to the final and meet the family at a port a few days later.

Think I’ll wait and see what happens before I drop that bombshell on the Mrs…
Keep an eye open for the Norwegian Blue, beautiful plumage.

NE14ABJ

Reaction score
Fantastic tie , they had Leon Clarke and Callum Wilson up top last time we played iirc, Cov have represented the west midlands well unlike the ****/blues and had a much rougher ride.
A much needed windfall for them and will be a cracking atmosphere aswell as a very tough game presumedly. I really rate/like Robins.

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely it will be the early game on Sunday on ITV.

ITV have last choice of TV picks in this round, which this tie will almost certainly be.

On Saturday both the Savs and Blues are playing at home, so I can't see WMP fancying having to cope with a Midlands derby on the same day (it's weird that we were scheduled to play at home on the same day in the PL, but Bournemouth must be a very low risk fixture).

Furthermore, ITV have rugby on Saturday through from 4:30 pm to late, so no space for football on their main channel there (assuming they aren't going to shift a cup game to ITV4).

It can't be Monday as the international break starts after Sunday and I don't see ITV ripping up their Friday night schedule (Big Brother eviction) to bring the nation Wolves vs Coventry. The BBC can't use Friday either as they have Comic Relief on that night and they can't use early Saturday as they have Wales in the 6 Nations at 2pm..

Early Sunday, directly followed - after no post-match coverage and umpteen adverts- by Utd vs Liverpool on ITV (Liverpool have to play Sunday because they have the Europa League on the Thursday before).
More forensic than Quincy ME

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Last Season​

Saturday 18th March

Man City v Burnley (5:45pm) BBC One / iPlayer

Sunday 19th March

Sheffield United v Blackburn (12pm) ITV1 / ITVX
Brighton v Grimsby (2:15pm) BBC One / iPlayer
Man Utd v Fulham (4:30pm) ITV1 / ITVX

So this season I'd expect it to be

Saturday 16th March

Man City v Newcastle (5:45pm) BBC One / iPlayer

Sunday 17th March

Wolves v Coventry (12pm) ITV1 / ITVX
Chelsea v Leicester (2:15pm) BBC One / iPlayer
Man Utd v Liverpool (4:30pm) ITV1 / ITVX

Or the Manchester games the other way round.
Liverpool playing Thursday night so will be playing Man Utd on Sunday.

Fulham vs Spurs on Sky Sat night, although clashed last year with Chelsea vs Everton.

WBA and Blues at home on Saturday so we’ll be on Friday night or Sunday lunch. Suspect Sunday Lunch as local derby.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool playing Thursday night so will be playing Man Utd on Sunday.

Fulham vs Spurs on Sky Sat night, although clashed last year with Chelsea vs Everton.

WBA and Blues at home on Saturday so we’ll be on Friday night or Sunday lunch. Suspect Sunday Lunch as local derby.
Why Friday night?
There hasn't been a Friday night quarter final for years. Most likely 1 on Saturday and 3 on Sunday. We will either be lunch time or early afternoon match on Sunday. Manchester teams will take the evening Sat/Sun matches.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coventry are not quite as good as West Brom, who we beat in second gear. I heard it said many times in all the videos of our BCD win that West Brom fans were proud of their performance.

We often only see Championship teams performing 'very well' against other Championship teams.

We didn't take West Brom lightly and we won't take Coventry lightly. Just be solid, composed and put away the inevitable chances that still come with a second gear performance against far inferior sides.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coventry are not quite as good as West Brom, who we beat in second gear. I heard it said many times in all the videos of our BCD win that West Brom fans were proud of their performance.

We often only see Championship teams performing 'very well' against other Championship teams.

We didn't take West Brom lightly and we won't take Coventry lightly. Just be solid, composed and put away the inevitable chances that still come with a second gear performance against far inferior sides.

Sounds like a plan. Come on.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumour is 3 games on the Sunday....12, 2.15, 4.30......one on the Saturday.....it will be man city on the Saturday as you won't have both Manchester clubs at home on the Saturday...

So I reckon Sunday 12 or 2.15...

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumour is 3 games on the Sunday....12, 2.15, 4.30......one on the Saturday.....it will be man city on the Saturday as you won't have both Manchester clubs at home on the Saturday...

Surely any games going into extra time on Sunday will overlap with the next 1?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Isn’t the 12 slot the last pick? If so that’s bound to be us.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have to accept that us v Coventry is the least appealing fixture nationally so will be in the least appealing slot. BBC and ITV are just not going to pick our fixture over Man Utd v Liverpool or Man City v Newcastle. It's not a slight, it's just a fact

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have to accept that us v Coventry is the least appealing fixture nationally so will be in the least appealing slot. BBC and ITV are just not going to pick our fixture over Man Utd v Liverpool or Man City v Newcastle. It's not a slight, it's just a fact
True.
If it had been Brighton v Coventry it would have been the least interesting to the majority of us too.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
I am planning to buy a Coventry cup ticket with my International Membership, but fear I'll be in massive queue the moment they go on sale to members. What with 22,500 STH's, Coventry's 4,800 allocation, and Members Plus having first dabs, it looks like it will be a 'free for all' for the rest on sales morning. Like everyone else online, I hope I'll get allocated a low random queue number. Will be interesting.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It isn’t though is it? It’s 40 miles away. Pride Park is closer to Molineux than the Ricoh. Nobody considers Wolves vs Derby to be a local Derby……
Approx 29 miles as the crow flies … but you make a good point. It’s not really a local derby. Coventry are closer to Northampton by road.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True.
If it had been Brighton v Coventry it would have been the least interesting to the majority of us too.
I am planning to buy a Coventry cup ticket with my International Membership, but fear I'll be in massive queue the moment they go on sale to members. What with 22,500 STH's, Coventry's 4,800 allocation, and Members Plus having first dabs, it looks like it will be a 'free for all' for the rest on sales morning. Like everyone else online, I hope I'll get allocated a low random queue number. Will be interesting.
Wishing you the best of luck fingers crossed

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’ll be a good opportunity for the new ticket site to show how rubbish it is……

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Download as many different browsers as you can and login on each of them. I used to do that and you get different queue positions. This was before ticketmaster so may not work but worth giving a go.

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
Cov fans are well up for this, considering who they could've drawn it's not a bad result for them in all honesty.

However on the flip side it's the best draw we could've had, it won't be easy but I'd back us 8 out of 10 to get through and go back to wembley.

Crazy to think this might start becoming a regular thing considering I started following us late 80's and there's been precious few appearances since

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
Download as many different browsers as you can and login on each of them. I used to do that and you get different queue positions. This was before ticketmaster so may not work but worth giving a go.
Thanks for the tip Wolf316.

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
Another cup game where breakfast will entail beers, given the KO time. At least it's gonna be Saturday not Sunday this time.
Has it been confirmed it's a 12:30 Saturday KO Sketched?

Back
Top Bottom