Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Coventry City (Home) - The Emirates Football Association Challenge Cup Quarter-Final; 16th March - 12:15pm

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we need to keep both feet firmly on the ground. Go about our business in the professional manner this manager has presided over. I don’t think we need any form of mural etc that may be deemed a bit tacky ??
Please remember when the draw was made Coventry will also be happy they drew arguably the best draw ( albeit away ) they could have hoped for
This is not going to be easy at all , the crowd need to be bang at it from the KO
Think they might have preferred Leicester?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any chance they might make it the Friday night game.... Liverpool will definitely get one of the Sunday slot as they play in Europe on the Thursday....

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It's going to end up as 12.30 Sunday, which is a shame, but what can we do, we just get on with it. They'll have 5k and all the people who moaned they wouldn't pay £30 last night will be able to moan they can't get a ticket.

Not read through the verdict thread, but best effort from the crowd for a long time in the last 15 minutes last night.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange that Blues/Albion are at home that day as we were meant to be at home to Bournemouth as well, which was obviously all agreed.

I know 4,500 Coventry is a lot different to police than Bournemouth though, so I expect Sunday.

The atmosphere will be good purely because they’ll be well up for it as well.

I presume we will find out pretty soon about time/tickets.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Last Season​

Saturday 18th March

Man City v Burnley (5:45pm) BBC One / iPlayer

Sunday 19th March

Sheffield United v Blackburn (12pm) ITV1 / ITVX
Brighton v Grimsby (2:15pm) BBC One / iPlayer
Man Utd v Fulham (4:30pm) ITV1 / ITVX

So this season I'd expect it to be

Saturday 16th March

Man City v Newcastle (5:45pm) BBC One / iPlayer

Sunday 17th March

Wolves v Coventry (12pm) ITV1 / ITVX
Chelsea v Leicester (2:15pm) BBC One / iPlayer
Man Utd v Liverpool (4:30pm) ITV1 / ITVX

Or the Manchester games the other way round.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given how we've struggled with teams who are lower than us in the table, this won't be easy at all.

I'll take a scrappy 1 nil again to be honest. Massive massive chance to get back to Wembley and exercise that ghost.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As an aside I go on a Norwegian Fjords cruise on the 24th May…..

Already looking at horrendous flight options to potentially take should we get to the final and meet the family at a port a few days later.

Think I’ll wait and see what happens before I drop that bombshell on the Mrs…

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
WMP will make it 12 on the Sunday.
100% it will be this.

All games will be televised but this is the least glamorous tie too so it will be no other time IMO.

Others will be Saturday 12:30, Saturday 17:30 and then United Liverpool darlings tie will be Sunday 16:30.

Reaction score
Given how we've struggled with teams who are lower than us in the table, this won't be easy at all.

I'll take a scrappy 1 nil again to be honest. Massive massive chance to get back to Wembley and exercise that ghost.
However, I don’t think they’re going to come here and sit deep in a low block. Got a feeling they’re going to come after us attacking which will hopefully play into our hands

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What narrative? That it will be a tough game?
That Coventry are going to be a much tougher opponent than Albion.

The league positions - and results - suggest otherwise (although, to be fair, we'll have a better view after their fixture).

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It without doubt will be tough.

I really dislike the dismissive attitude we have towards the Championship generally, and I find it baffling considering we spent so long there. If people don't watch it, fair enough, but that doesn't qualify you to say how bad it is.

I don't know whether it's mocking because it was Albion but the idea that we were somehow streets ahead of them in that game is one I can't agree with. It was a terrible game for quality, which was down to us as much as them, and it was decided on moments. The chances were pretty equal but we were by no means dominant and on another day things would work out differently.

We're obviously favourites for this match but Coventry have forwards who, on their day, can be a massive problem. O'Hare is someone I would love us to sign on a free this summer to be honest. Haji Wright and Ellis Simms are inconsistent but a massive threat if they're on form, particularly Wright with his pace.

They also have a spirit and togetherness that comes from having a very good manager, like us.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Equally I'm very keen that nobody gets carried away with planning their weekend in London for the semi-final and we all focus on the fact that it's perfectly possible for us to lose the QF!
Oh, absolutely. We could definitely lose ... after all, We Are Wolves.

I'd have been nervous playing Maidstone, FFS.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It without doubt will be tough.

I really dislike the dismissive attitude we have towards the Championship generally, and I find it baffling considering we spent so long there. If people don't watch it, fair enough, but that doesn't qualify you to say how bad it is.

I don't know whether it's mocking because it was Albion but the idea that we were somehow streets ahead of them in that game is one I can't agree with. It was a terrible game for quality, which was down to us as much as them, and it was decided on moments. The chances were pretty equal but we were by no means dominant and on another day things would work out differently.

We're obviously favourites for this match but Coventry have forwards who, on their day, can be a massive problem. O'Hare is someone I would love us to sign on a free this summer to be honest. Haji Wright and Ellis Simms are inconsistent but a massive threat if they're on form, particularly Wright with his pace.

They also have a spirit and togetherness that comes from having a very good manager, like us.
Yes remember what McGoo's Wolves did to an excellent Leeds side at Elland Road on our run to the SF in the 90s.

You take these matches lightly at your peril. If we're not 100% we will lose as you know they will be well up for it.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mentally I'd graded the draw with the 14 options - 14, being the worst draw, Man City away, 13 Liverpool away right down to 1 being Coventry at home. I couldn't believe it! I keep saying this is the season that keeps on giving and with that win last night and that draw comparisons with the Nuno years will not be wide of the mark.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I keep saying this is the season that keeps on giving and with that win last night and that draw comparisons with the Nuno years will not be wide of the mark.

A lot of of similarities.... I think the main thing is we have got that "no fear" mindset again it feels as though we can beat anybody for both players and fans.

wolfinaguernsey

Reaction score
All quarter final games will be shown live on TV and as it’s unlikely to clash with any of the Prem TV games that weekend the following slots are a possibility:-

Friday Night 7.45pm
Saturday lunch time 12.30
Saturday evening 8pm
Sunday 12.30pm
Sunday 4.30pm
Keeping my fingers crossed Saturday lunchtime kick off as I’m supposed to be down in Swanage Saturday night

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Already looking at horrendous flight options to potentially take should we get to the final and meet the family at a port a few days later.

Guard with your left when you do :)

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Mr popularity! We're you hoping the cruise would help you forget about relegation when you booked?

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ain't we got to offer Cov a ****load of tickets? Hopefully, it'll be the Steve Bull lower and the quad ay?

Back
Top Bottom