Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Costa Debut

D

Deleted member 4099

Helder Costa plays for Leeds , I hate Leeds so I’m not interested in how he’s getting on for those dirty horrible arrogant entitled Yorkshire ********s.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While it is Guisely who are a low level team it's a good individual goal at any level. He seems more willing to run at defenders and we know that he's capable of doing that at a higher level. If he gets that confidence to run with the ball and make defenders life hell again he will be a great player for leeds.

S

ShropshireLad

While it is Guisely who are a low level team it's a good individual goal at any level. He seems more willing to run at defenders and we know that he's capable of doing that at a higher level. If he gets that confidence to run with the ball and make defenders life hell again he will be a great player for leeds.
Yes, he can do it at a higher level but he didn't do it for Wolves in the Prem for whatever reason.

I wish him well but he needed to go and we need to replace him with someone better.

Reaction score
Guiseley are the local team to where I grew up, my PE teacher used to play for them at the time, odd seeing Costa on their pitch.
There’s definitely a good player in Costa but it seems we’re doubling down on the two up top if Cav goes as well and he just doesn’t fit in our side anymore.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guiseley are the local team to where I grew up, my PE teacher used to play for them at the time, odd seeing Costa on their pitch.
There’s definitely a good player in Costa but it seems we’re doubling down on the two up top if Cav goes as well and he just doesn’t fit in our side anymore.

Where did you grow up?
I'm just down the hill from Nethermoor

Reaction score
Where did you grow up?
I'm just down the hill from Nethermoor

Burley and went to school in Menston so literally walking distance down to Guiseley’s ground. Dad is from Wolvo and used Guiseley then Bradford in their Prem days as a tester to see if I liked it before making the journey to Molineux haha.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

Costa has not been in starting lineup in Leeds first 2 games. Their manager was asked about this and came up with the following explanation which doesn’t make much sense.

“You have to think about the result of the other games, conditions during the week, these things, but Helder has the same rules as every player in professional football.

“He has to wish, to have a desire to play and he has to deserve to play too.”

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Costa has not been in starting lineup in Leeds first 2 games. Their manager was asked about this and came up with the following explanation which doesn’t make much sense.

“You have to think about the result of the other games, conditions during the week, these things, but Helder has the same rules as every player in professional football.

Pretty obvious....Costa needs to think above and beyond what suits him.

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I saw that earlier and thought it was odd, especially after he was supposed to be impressive in the pre-season games.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Maybe an inclination as to why he failed to shine at Wolves, particularly at the higher level of the PL. Perhaps after the injury it has all become a mental thing and his heart isn't in playing football in England. Who knows. He's got the talent for sure but talent alone won't bring success at the higher levels of professional football.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It's a bloody scary comment if you're a Leeds fan. Basically saying he doesn't really want it. It might be to wind him up, but I always got the impression he was much more an arm round the shoulder type. He's shown glimpses but never really looked the same since the injury and did always seem to be worried about it, feeling it when he got any sort of contact. I wonder if they ever got it right for him.

D

Deleted member 4184

I saw that earlier and thought it was odd, especially after he was supposed to be impressive in the pre-season games.

It's because Bielsa's system takes a long time to learn, much like Nuno and Dendoncker etc.

Grendel74

Groupie
Reaction score

Could be an attempt at clever man-management. Helder essentially came straight back into the team after his injury here. This I suspect was Nuno’s ‘friendly arm round the shoulder’ / give him the opportunity to prove himself method.

Bielsa has taken the opposite tack, probably aware that the previous method didn’t work. He’s now being forced to work for it. There’s a fantastic player in there - I hope it works because if it doesn’t, it could blow his chance of a very successful career.

C

Cart78

It's because Bielsa's system takes a long time to learn, much like Nuno and Dendoncker etc.

Dendoncker wasn’t about learning the system. It was because he turned up very unfit and overweight. It took him till December to get fit enough. It’s noticeable after a proper off season routine to follow and full pre season he has noticeable lost a fair amount of weight and looks like a different fella

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dendoncker wasn’t about learning the system. It was because he turned up very unfit and overweight. It took him till December to get fit enough. It’s noticeable after a proper off season routine to follow and full pre season he has noticeable lost a fair amount of weight and looks like a different fella
His hair's different too!

Fazwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
So he turned up.unfit and overweight after being in belgium squad for WC2018. ?. Must have had too many Belgian buns

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope it works out well for Costa at Leeds.

But even it it doesn’t go well, we still get our £15m, so it won’t bother me all that much.

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Helder Costa plays for Leeds , I hate Leeds so I’m not interested in how he’s getting on for those dirty horrible arrogant entitled Yorkshire ********s.

Thanks.

No disrespect but -
He played for Wolves, he gave his all and did a great job for our club, we should all care about him & how he gets on.

WOLVES loaned/sold him, unless i missed something he didn't ask to leave.
Costa and Cav will always have a spot in my heart no matter who they play for (unless they sign for the vile or ****e)

Hope the pair light the chump up and return to us 10x better next season.

Obligation to buy!
Not sell???

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope it works out for Helder, but whilst Leeds may well be a decent team for him to play for, Im not sure Bielsa or his style will get the best out of Helder, running around is not Helders strongest point, and thats one of the things there manager wants from his players..

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

No disrespect but -
He played for Wolves, he gave his all and did a great job for our club, we should all care about him & how he gets on.

WOLVES loaned/sold him, unless i missed something he didn't ask to leave.
Costa and Cav will always have a spot in my heart no matter who they play for (unless they sign for the vile or ****e)

Hope the pair light the chump up and return to us 10x better next season.

Obligation to buy!
Not sell???
Costa has gone, contract signed. Obligation to buy means the same as obligation to sell. Move on.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The step up for Helder is immense that sea of several million Leeds fans with so much expectation probably suffering from stage fright.

Back
Top Bottom