Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Costa’s first start

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I definitely want to see Costa start but the problem is goals don't just come from having a centre forward on the pitch.

They come from patterns of play, triangles round the box, overlapping runs, third man runners- none of which we have. Goals come from set pieces, penalties, corners, free kicks, quick throw ins- none of which we use well. Goals come from bodies in the box- wingers, strikers, attacking midfielders busting a gut to get in the box- none of which happens. Goals come from passing quickly forwards, one touch passing, a cute slide rule ball, shooting on sight- none of which we ever do. Goals come from pressing teams in their own half, forcing mistakes, hunting in packs to get the ball back- none of which we do.

Just having a Centre forward in there isn't going to help until we start seeing all of these things happening.
a proper forward is more likely to get in the box and make the right runs giving options for others, as clearly at the moment we aren't getting bodies in the box or making the right runs, yes if we don't get the ball to him he's not going to do much, (something we need to improve) but at least players would have an option to play the ball to someone in the box

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
a proper forward is more likely to get in the box and make the right runs giving options for others, as clearly at the moment we aren't getting bodies in the box or making the right runs, yes if we don't get the ball to him he's not going to do much, (something we need to improve) but at least players would have an option to play the ball to someone in the box
Agreed. However, a Centre forward will only help with 2 of the 20 issues I have trotted out and there are probably countless others a more trained eye could see.

The problem is the other 18 issues won't be rectified solely by bringing in a CF. They each need to be rectified in the round by our Manager and his coaches working with the entire team, thoroughly and meticulously improving against each and every one.

Lage does not appear to be doing that- these issues are getting worse and more noticeable with every passing game...

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Diego told Bruno 2 weeks ago he needed 2 to 3 weeks to get match fit so i think he’ll play at West Ham

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven't read all posts, but the few I've read have got it totally wrong.

Read my lips: Costa will play when HE feels he's ready. That is what he said, that is what WILL happen.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven't read all posts, but the few I've read have got it totally wrong.

Read my lips: Costa will play when HE feels he's ready. That is what he said, that is what WILL happen.
How can he not be ready in 9 days time? We've had no striker for almost 2 years now so however good/bad he is he has to be better than anyone we've played in the last 24 months. I'm sure he will start v WHU, even if he has to come off after 65/70 mins. Just seeing his name on the team sheet will give us such a psychological boost and put the ****s up WHU. I have to believe with him up top we will see a different Wolves Saturday week - a team with belief, energy and with a goal or 2 in them.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For no good reason I’ve just got a really good feeling about Costa at Wolves. He’s exactly the kind of player our fans love and will get behind and I think he’ll feed off of that energy. Hopefully he is fit enough to play at West Ham, but if not then a goal at Chelsea is written in the stars.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How can he not be ready in 9 days time? We've had no striker for almost 2 years now so however good/bad he is he has to be better than anyone we've played in the last 24 months. I'm sure he will start v WHU, even if he has to come off after 65/70 mins. Just seeing his name on the team sheet will give us such a psychological boost and put the ****s up WHU. I have to believe with him up top we will see a different Wolves Saturday week - a team with belief, energy and with a goal or 2 in them.
Fingers crossed. I think he'll come good.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can find the net as seen in wolves training, still looks slightly off it but another week of this and I think he will be ready for a performance, and the bench.

I think we get maybe 15 to 20 mins from him

With Raul broken going to need this man for starts in October

On another note podence ran traore all look sharp, kilman class.

Reactions: Ian

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember a while ago listening to a radio interview with a fitness coach of some sort, and the point made was, however long the player was out due to injury, will be the same to get up to full match fitness.

Back
Top Bottom