Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Coping with grief

Wolvescol

Groupie
Reaction score
Really sorry to hear this , me and my 3 sisters were all tested for the bracca gene as we had cancer running through our family , I felt guilty as I was the only one who didn’t have the gene , 2 of my sisters have had mastectomy and my 3rd sister didn’t get the chance , I was in turkey in 2010 and got home to find she had back pain and had been admitted to hospital , 6 weeks later she was dead at 47 years old , she entered hospital in stage 4 , this horrible disease takes who it wants , my heart goes out to you , take care my friend

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of youi may know my wife was suffering from pancreatic cancer plus secondary cancer.
My world shattered 3 weeks ago when she passed in my arms in our own bed very quickly, peacefully and pain free.
Devastated, heartbroken come no where near how I feel after losing my soul mate of 31 years , only her loving words on how I should live my life after she passed and how she wanted me to live my life keep me going through the struggle of everything at the moment .
Life can be so ****ing cruel, sick and just evil at times to take someone who so many people loved, a woman who went out her way to make other folks lives better became a mental health worker after years of caring for the elderly because she had that thing that within 5 minutes of meeting her it was though you'd known her for years and could always raise the spirits of anyone meeting her ,she kept her smile and cheerfulness till her last breath .
And she was a huge Wolves fan who probably watched more football then i did I'd sulk when we were playing bad or behind and wanted to switch over but not her even 2 nil down in the 88 minute she had belief we could snatch a point.
I'm so sorry for your loss dgm.
Stay strong pal, and may she rest in peace.
God bless you both. x

dgm6769

Reaction score
How are you DGM - silly question I know -- but hope you are as well as you can be x
One day at a time is all I can do, just feel empty inside like nothing is of any importance what so ever.
I work in a mental health home but at the moment I'm not sure if it's a blessing or worst job ever for someone grieving.
I suppose I'm lucky that we had the time to talk about what she wanted for me afterwards and that helps pull me out of those dark times.
Thank you for asking, one thing I've learned in my job is someone going out their way even for a second to ask someone "are you ok" can mean so much to them.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One day at a time is all I can do, just feel empty inside like nothing is of any importance what so ever.
I work in a mental health home but at the moment I'm not sure if it's a blessing or worst job ever for someone grieving.
I suppose I'm lucky that we had the time to talk about what she wanted for me afterwards and that helps pull me out of those dark times.
Thank you for asking, one thing I've learned in my job is someone going out their way even for a second to ask someone "are you ok" can mean so much to them.

I admire you dgm769 for the way that you're channeling your grief by reaching out to others coping with their own challenges, during what must be a very difficult time for you. Your acts of compassion and support I'm sure are thankfully received by all those you spend time with.
It can't be easy for you right now, but I'm sure your wife will be smiling down on you and proud of what you're doing.
If only Wolves could provide you with a few happy moments, but I'm sure they'll come your way as life becomes a litle easier.

I'm sure you have many treasured memories which no one can ever take away. Be blessed that you had those times together.

Take care my friend.

Paul

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just want to echo what Paul has said and encourage you to reach our to people like Losgallardos.

It is important that in those really low moments you have the tools in your bag to deal with the grief. Those that have them adapt quicker and can resume a different and rewarding life still. I know it feels like the world has been taken away from you, and it has, but take comfort from the fact your wife is no longer suffering and is in a better place waiting for you to join her once again.

Faith is important and have faith not only in your support system but also in yourself.

You are not alone in this and just know that any higher being, if you believe in one, is also looking out for you.

"Thank You" Netherton for bringing this up again.

Take care dgm and please reach out every time you feel down.

Back
Top Bottom