Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Connor Hunte

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No surprise I guess given he didn't pull up any trees while out on loan. A shame as he's obviously very talented just hasn't got the right mindset it looks like. Still 20 years old, so enough time for him to make a good career for himself.

T

TacticalWolf88

A complete waste of talent such a shame could be a great player if he wanted to be, such a pity

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Such a waste of talent. Did **** all whilst out on loan. It comes as no surprise to me.

S

ShropshireLad

He's had 2 appearances with us since 2014 and they were only from the bench. The E&S say he made 6 appearances for Stevenage (1 goal) so there isn't anything at all for any Wolves fan to go on to judge his ability. I trust the club's judgement.

Stevie B ‏@originalstevieb 41m
@OfficialWolves A pity. Looked lively on the few occasions Jackett had the guts to play him last season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hadn't seen the reports of a poor attitude. Don't need that around our more promising academy graduates getting in their ear. Off you go then

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another "one for the future " whose time has gone. Promises promises ........this weekend there are over 300 established Championship players on the pitch , bench or in the sick bay tomorrow - how many made their way through Morgans and Thelwell's fabulous academy ? Promises promises ....

S

ShropshireLad

He's had 2 appearances with us since 2014 and they were only from the bench. The E&S say he made 6 appearances for Stevenage (1 goal) so there isn't anything at all for any Wolves fan to go on to judge his ability. I trust the club's judgement.
Stevie B ‏@originalstevieb 41m
@OfficialWolves A pity. Looked lively on the few occasions Jackett had the guts to play him last season.
Doesn't it make you laugh the bull****e that folks come out with when they've been found out?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You don't really have to be on the payroll of MI6 to work out that after leaving Chelsea for an alleged attitude problem , and leaving us to play at Stevenage he ain't no pot of gold that wasn't given a fair chance. There are so many scouts about and clubs willing to look for potential that he would have been sold if he was of any use .

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another "one for the future " whose time has gone. Promises promises ........this weekend there are over 300 established Championship players on the pitch , bench or in the sick bay tomorrow - how many made their way through Morgans and Thelwell's fabulous academy ? Promises promises ....

I don't get this... the club takes a punt on a player it doesn't work out, through no fault of the club, we've got some good young players coming through and people are moaning.

D

Deleted member 3604

Just one of many that walks the walk, talks the talk and then don't deliver innit ...

Sway it gos bruv ..

D

Deleted member TW5162

Well that's 3 out and 1 in (kinda) looks like things are starting to move. :)

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pity I was only thinking with John going that if Lambert could get Hunte's head in the right place he could be good cover for our wingers. Chance gone now.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Make it 5 out if you include Prince (Hunte, Henry, EEL, John) with CBJ to follow.

There is no way we will be able to strengthen the squad without getting rid of players we no longer need.
As Rhos rightly posted Connor looks to be the 5th one on his way out.

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Make it 5 out if you include Prince (Hunte, Henry, EEL, John) with CBJ to follow.

I think to count the five, we should only be looking at those players who have been working with the first team squad since PL arrived. IMV we should not include Hunte, Henry or EEL as they have been out on loan.
John is the only 'real' departure to date.....

D

DangerousDave

Not surprised. When I went to Preston away I got speaking to some Stevenage fans on their way to Accrington, anyway I asked about Hunte. They said he had the talent but his attitude was appauling. Can't say I'm shocked, good riddance kid. Enjoy the non league.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
plenty of wide players coming through better than Hunte, shame as I thought the attitude stuff was all behind him, maybe those cameos gave him an inflated opinion of himself?

B

Benson

There is a difference between bad attitude and being uninterested. All players just dont have what it takes to be a pro footballer as they are just not interested enough. He might want to do other things. Not long ago we had Johnny Gorman who had more focus on his education than his football career and only trained some odd days a week. Last week I read about a player in an another big sport who was one of the top 50 in the world, and he decided to quit at 27. His story was "I have always hated it. I just happened to be good and the years just went by, but the only thing I was thinking about during games was how much I wanted them to end so I could leave the field and do things I like". Some just dont like it.. Hunte was maybe one of those.. or his attitude was bad. Would be interesting to hear from an ITK what really happened.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't get this... the club takes a punt on a player it doesn't work out, through no fault of the club, we've got some good young players coming through and people are moaning.

I thought our academy was supposed to identify and bring along some of the best young players. Not take a punt on a flawed player and hope he reforms. It was our fault as it appears he was flawed before he arrived.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought our academy was supposed to identify and bring along some of the best young players. Not take a punt on a flawed player and hope he reforms. It was our fault as it appears he was flawed before he arrived.

Surely that's part of the process? Whereby we also need to identify players with exceptional talent that have failed elsewhere and believe we have the facilities/ coaching team in place to succeed where others have failed?!

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sometimes you need a sacrificial lamb.
This may send a stark message to other players who's application is wavering somewhat.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely that's part of the process? Whereby we also need to identify players with exceptional talent that have failed elsewhere and believe we have the facilities/ coaching team in place to succeed where others have failed?!

Yes I understand that and you get some hits and misses. We seem to have very few proven hits and many misses - stretching back from Ryan Green to Ismail to Eusebio and now Connor Hunte .

A hit to me is someone who has produced at least a year of good Championship football. I cant think of many.

As I said there will be over 300 guys playing in the Championship this weekend, how many decent ones have we produced in the last 10 years.

I feel the whole academy thing has still to prove itself beyond a Morgan building exercise.

Last edited:

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes I understand that and you get some hits and misses. We seem to have very few proven hits and many misses - stretching back from Ryan Green to Ismail to Eusebio and now Connor Hunte .

A hit to me is someone who has produced at least a year of good Championship football. I cant think of many.

As I said there will be over 300 guys playing in the Championship this weekend, how many decent ones have we produced in the last 10 years.

I feel the whole academy thing has still to prove itself beyond a Morgan building exercise.

And Morgan's academy will take time. Let's say the players who will benefit most from the new facilities will have been in there since the age of 7/8... those players won't break on to the scene for another 2/3 years.

We can beat Morgan with many sticks, the academy is not one.

Back
Top Bottom