Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Comedy half time team talk

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Viera would be an interesting choice for manager. He would be respected by this lot and he always comes over as calm and measured. Can't believe Hobbs would not have talked to him.
The same viera who just failed dismally at palace and would have relegated them - who also couldn't score to save their life.

Nope.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The same viera who just failed dismally at palace and would have relegated them - who also couldn't score to save their life.

Nope.
Harsh. Look at the run of fixtures before he was sacked. There is no evidence that he wouldn't have got the same results as Woy in the easier run that he had.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Players probably think who the **** are these two no marks to be giving me a *******ing?
No doubt as our dressing room is full of champions league winners, plus loads of other medalists agree with you 100%

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had doubts about GON before he was appointed, l suspect that l am far from the only one. I have to admit that Saturday made those doubts much stronger. I would still, though, love nothing more than to be proved wrong.
Yes I agree, most of us had / have doubts, but two games isn't enough to make a judgement.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't think why the players would have got a rollicking at HT given that they had played reasonably well 1st half,even if losing. Neto must have been frustrated as hell. He probably got picked out for not tracking Mitoma for the 1st goal, but at the same time Sa and others were trying to find him with long balls, but usually unsuccesfully. Meanwhile he's stuck out on his weaker side (why ???) knowing that grandad Milner is on the other one, ripe for a roasting...

Last edited:

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes I agree, most of us had / have doubts, but two games isn't enough to make a judgement.
He was always a patsy yes man, will never succeed other than delivering what they want, which has **** all to do with football results!

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Having first seen that Twitter clip - and posted it on the Mix - on Sunday morning, I must have watched it 20 or 30 times now. I don't think Neto had been crying: Lemina clearly says something but I don't think it's 'wow' and it's unlikely to be in English anyway. But clearly something is very, very wrong. That's not a team walking out, it's a collection of individuals. The only explanation is what's happened in the dressing room at HT and that is solely down to the manager and the coaches.

There has to be an improvement at Everton, otherwise 'lost the dressing room in a week' looks very believable.

One other point on GON - he looks like a ****er with his stupid whistle and stop watch round his neck. I'd worry that the players are already taking the **** out of him in Portuguese - and yes, they're almost certainly still in touch with Lopetegui's team

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
Having first seen that Twitter clip - and posted it on the Mix - on Sunday morning, I must have watched it 20 or 30 times now. I don't think Neto had been crying: Lemina clearly says something but I don't think it's 'wow' and it's unlikely to be in English anyway. But clearly something is very, very wrong. That's not a team walking out, it's a collection of individuals. The only explanation is what's happened in the dressing room at HT and that is solely down to the manager and the coaches.

There has to be an improvement at Everton, otherwise 'lost the dressing room in a week' looks very believable.

One other point on GON - he looks like a ****er with his stupid whistle and stop watch round his neck. I'd worry that the players are already taking the **** out of him in Portuguese - and yes, they're almost certainly still in touch with Lopetegui's team
And tell us how you know this. It’s not fact it’s just your opinion.
What are you going to say if they sprint out of the tunnel at HT against Everton but still lose, and **** me, your losing your **** because a football coach has got a whistle and a stopwatch. I’d be more concerned if he counted out loud and kept shouting stop. The overreaction is something else, not just this post but many more.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And tell us how you know this. It’s not fact it’s just your opinion.
What are you going to say if they sprint out of the tunnel at HT against Everton but still lose, and **** me, your losing your **** because a football coach has got a whistle and a stopwatch. I’d be more concerned if he counted out loud and kept shouting stop. The overreaction is something else, not just this post but many more.

Then how do you explain our collapse at the start of the second half? Coincidence? Bad luck? Brighton stepped up a gear? The denial by some desperate to believe all is fine is unreal.

Oh and by the way, it’s not just a few posters on Molmix who are drawing such conclusions. Even our erstwhile local journalist, closely linked to the club, acknowledged it didn’t look good when they came out.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My hope is Fosun sack GoN sharpish, get a proper manager and coaching staff in and we achieve safety comfortably.

Exactly the same as last year.

Of course it doesn't have to be like this and Fosun must go for this to change.
Getting another coach to replace Gary won’t look good…….it would be the 4th. in less than a year.
Could we attract any good coaches under these circumstances?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Getting another coach to replace Gary won’t look good…….it would be the 4th. in less than a year.
Could we attract any good coaches under these circumstances?
Re your last sentence with what happened to JL and sweet FA resources? No chance.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then how do you explain our collapse at the start of the second half? Coincidence? Bad luck? Brighton stepped up a gear? The denial by some desperate to believe all is fine is unreal.
Obviously our restart was a mess but because @Longford Wolf may not have an explanation for that does not mean his points in his post are invalid.
I don’t think he said or meant everything is fine.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously our restart was a mess but because @Longford Wolf may not have an explanation for that does not mean his points in his post are invalid.
I don’t think he said or meant everything is fine.

You’re probably right in your final sentence when I think back to our exchange yesterday about the apparent HT team talk. Yesterday Longford was basically saying the players just need to man up, take the hairdryer and play for the badge. The criticism expressed by Longford seems mostly at the players rather than suggesting something didn’t happen in the dressing room. My point yesterday and today is the same. If the net result of the HT talk is to leave the players distracted, confused or not focused, and this results in them conceding the game, then the HT talk was pants, and that’s down to the coaches more than the players.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t know, I think Guo saying at half time “play to your optimum or get on the next plane to China with me and meet the triads”

Probably would of been more motivating to some players and not others.

Shouting and screaming at people like Derry would of doesn’t work anymore if anything it sends players the other way. **** listening to that nobody il get another club easy.

The stiff upper lip nation, isn’t here anymore we live in a woke society. Where people cry over nothing. The players probably are the same they aren’t what they used to be in times gone by.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had doubts about GON before he was appointed, l suspect that l am far from the only one. I have to admit that Saturday made those doubts much stronger. I would still, though, love nothing more than to be proved wrong.
I have doubts about our players, in 10 minutes on Saturday they either threw the game or decided Brighton are to good for us.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’re probably right in your final sentence when I think back to our exchange yesterday about the apparent HT team talk. Yesterday Longford was basically saying the players just need to man up, take the hairdryer and play for the badge. The criticism expressed by Longford seems mostly at the players rather than suggesting something didn’t happen in the dressing room. My point yesterday and today is the same. If the net result of the HT talk is to leave the players distracted, confused or not focused, and this results in them conceding the game, then the HT talk was pants, and that’s down to the coaches more than the players.
So as usual the players get a free pass. They were clueless and gutless.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Viera would be an interesting choice for manager. He would be respected by this lot and he always comes over as calm and measured. Can't believe Hobbs would not have talked to him.
Too strong and experienced in football for fosun et al to control….

Never a chance he could be entertained, he has friends in high places in the media, they just got burned by JL, so no chance they play that game again.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Oh and by the way, it’s not just a few posters on Molmix who are drawing such conclusions. Even our erstwhile local journalist, closely linked to the club, acknowledged it didn’t look good when they came out.
Which was quite an admission from him as he's usually quick to defend the club in these cases.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score

Or the players themselves have had a big bust up? Or scuffle maybe

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So as usual the players get a free pass. They were clueless and gutless.

No of course not. But a coach’s job is to organise and prepare a team. The team walking out after HT on Saturday looked anything but prepared, and when the whistle blew, anything but organised. So the coaches have to take at least some responsibility. Hell, even if the players had a bust up, as Bod suggested, then the coaches still need to step in and sort it out.

Players who individually failed to perform should be appropriately dealt with by the coaching staff. Subbed, dropped, 1:1 chats to understand their reasons, etc. If the whole team fails to perform, then more than likely it’s a failure of the coaches.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And the mafia killed Kennedy.
So just because a few people need someone to blame, it couldnt have anything to do with players not doing their jobs on the pitch, it must be someone has upset them, well if they were allegedly angry, they have a pathetic way of showing it.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No of course not. But a coach’s job is to organise and prepare a team. The team walking out after HT on Saturday looked anything but prepared, and when the whistle blew, anything but organised. So the coaches have to take at least some responsibility. Hell, even if the players had a bust up, as Bod suggested, then the coaches still need to step in and sort it out.

Players who individually failed to perform should be appropriately dealt with by the coaching staff. Subbed, dropped, 1:1 chats to understand their reasons, etc. If the whole team fails to perform, then more than likely it’s a failure of the coaches.
So our squad of professional footballers, during a 15 minute sit down in the changing room, suddenly forget how to prepare, or how they approached the game from kick off, or how about we just keep patting them on the back and tucking them in at night.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So our squad of professional footballers, during a 15 minute sit down in the changing room, suddenly forget how to prepare, or how they approached the game from kick off, or how about we just keep patting them on the back and tucking them in at night.

Did I say that? No. Your point is pointless.

Back
Top Bottom