Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Collin Martin

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Well done to him. Shame that players still have to hide being gay/bi because of how it's perceived. I think society has moved on a lot, but still got a bit of a way to go.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good for him.

Hopefully some other top sportsmen will find the same courage because if they do it will only take a few years before the next generation are asking “he’s gay? And...?”

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No this isn't another player we have been linked with but a guy who has come out as gay in MLS.
Hopefully this is just the start now
MLS player Collin Martin comes out as gay
Brave lad, fair play to him. Homophobia seems to be the only form of bigotry that's openly accepted in the beautiful game. I suspect, however, that the fear and shame associated with coming out here in England is actually misplaced and, however understandable, hopefully exaggerated. We'll only know when it happens I suppose...

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only thing that I find disappointing about this is the fact that people are defined by their sexuality.

It's great that he's now 'out' but it really shouldnt be a 'thing'.

By that I mean nobody should care, not that homosexuality shouldn't be a thing.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brave lad, fair play to him. Homophobia seems to be the only form of bigotry that's openly accepted in the beautiful game. I suspect, however, that the fear and shame associated with coming out here in England is actually misplaced and, however understandable, hopefully exaggerated. We'll only know when it happens I suppose...

It's perfectly acceptable to discriminate against white males.

...look around, it's EVERYWHERE.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's perfectly acceptable to discriminate against white males.

...look around, it's EVERYWHERE.
I'm not a fan of identity politics, I think it's fractured the working class and progressive politics as every dissenting voice has to define itself by some demographic difference rather than look for commonalities.

White working class males are struggling today, that's a fact, the education stats clearly back it up. I'm not sure how much of that is about 'discrimination' though, that to me reeks of the same kind of self-pitying attitude many white males feel such antipathy towards. Perhaps identity politics has driven us to feel discriminated against, as the trials and tribulations we have in common with other people are minimised and ignored?

Gay people often have a hard time though and the presence of other injustices doesn't invalidate that; in football I'd prefer to be a straight man than gay. Which isn't right.

What's this thread about again?

Last edited:

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Fair play for him 'coming out'- but who should give a toss over his sexual preference (no puns intended.) If a professional footballer wants to **** horses or runner beans, it matters not one jot to anyone, surely. It's a job, and its what he does on the pitch that matters. Good luck to the guy, and hopefully it puts an end to this utter crap about sexuality.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair play for him 'coming out'- but who should give a toss over his sexual preference (no puns intended.) If a professional footballer wants to **** horses or runner beans, it matters not one jot to anyone, surely. It's a job, and its what he does on the pitch that matters. Good luck to the guy, and hopefully it puts an end to this utter crap about sexuality.
The 'pun' doesn't work 'cause we're all ******s ;)

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Another cry for attention.
Oh well, the more the merrier.
The only ones who seem to get peed off are the feminists since the gays have cornered the market in "the look at me, I'm special" .
I'm glad. Let everyone be "special". Then no-one will be.
I normally respect your posts Guzeppi but this is pretty insensitive. 'The gays' - this isn't the eighties any more.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When I saw this thread title I thought Warnock had become the new lead singer of Cold Play.
I thought it was following on the theme of mis spelling players names. Collin Jiminez , like.

D

Deleted member 3573J

Who's going to be the first Molineux Mix member to come out as gay?

Be brave and true to your posts.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wandered onto a Milwall forum to see how they were feeling about Ben Marshall joining Norwich (not gone down well) and I happened to stumble upon this thread.....

homosexual fathers

Lovely bunch!!

Astonishing that this sort of childish, backward bigotry is still out there.

Chris peacock

Reaction score
Fair play for him 'coming out'- but who should give a toss over his sexual preference (no puns intended.) If a professional footballer wants to **** horses or runner beans, it matters not one jot to anyone

i think you might find thats illegle and there would be alot of jots being mattered

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That millwall thread is from the dark ages. Can't actually believe it's real.

D

Deleted member 6526

Who's going to be the first Molineux Mix member to come out as gay?

Be brave and true to your posts.

Not me, but stick me in a dark room with Neves and I might be convinced to change sides.

Good on the fella for coming out, if enough do it then it one day will no longer be a thing. And to all the ****ers that say it is just a bit of publicity blah blah blah... grow up. And, whoever bought up white males... please don't grow up.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wandered onto a Milwall forum to see how they were feeling about Ben Marshall joining Norwich (not gone down well) and I happened to stumble upon this thread.....

homosexual fathers

Lovely bunch!!

Astonishing that this sort of childish, backward bigotry is still out there.
I can't make sense of half of that. You people talk weird. :p

T

Truckawolf

Who cares? Why were on the subject of coming out, I’m telling you all now that I’m 100% heterosexual. Can I be called brave and get all the attention?. I don’t see why anybody should have to announce their sexuality, I look at a person and see a human being and make a judgment from then. P/C strikes again

Back
Top Bottom