Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Cody on Soccer AM today.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think every single wolves fan appreciates him, but most wolves fans appreciate that he’s got limitations and if we want to kick on to the next level in a back 4, he is the first one to make way
Those that go seem to really appreciate him, thing is he was bought in the Championship as a midfielder and has evolved into a sweeper...... which is down to Nuno and Coady putting in hard work & changing the formation half to suit his abilities. He isn't good or fast enough to play in a 2 CB unfortunately. Seems like one of the most likeable players in today's game though.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think every single wolves fan appreciates him, but most wolves fans appreciate that he’s got limitations and if we want to kick on to the next level in a back 4, he is the first one to make way
Yes he's got his limitations, who hasn't but he more than makes up for it with his leadership skills, and there's not many of them around

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

My understanding is that all players have limitations. I don't see Coady's limitations as being anywhere near our biggest problem at the moment. I'd rate the limitations of our several non-goal scoring forwards and the creative limitations of our midfielders as far bigger contributers to us not being higher up the table. Don't get me wrong, he isn't a top 6 level centre half, certainly, but Coady wouldn't be in even my top 5 of who needs to make way for someone better!

Autistic Kangaroo

Reaction score
Coady has gold and black blood running through his veins. Just look at how his three boys were dressed on his half term trip to West Midlands Safari Park.

Do not under-value this, verses a Johnny Big Balls who may be more naturally or technically talented.

Last edited:

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My understanding is that all players have limitations. I don't see Coady's limitations as being anywhere near our biggest problem at the moment. I'd rate the limitations of our several non-goal scoring forwards and the creative limitations of our midfielders as far bigger contributers to us not being higher up the table. Don't get me wrong, he isn't a top 6 level centre half, certainly, but Coady wouldn't be in even my top 5 of who needs to make way for someone better!
A second centre back next to kilman is 100% the one thing holding us back , but likewise a better cb than saiss in a 3 would also see us improve dramatically

LetTheBullLoose

Reaction score
I often don’t agree with your posts, but this one is absolutely spot on for me. Sums up my thoughts exactly. WE DON’T NEED TO PLAY 4 at the back to progress.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A second centre back next to kilman is 100% the one thing holding us back , but likewise a better cb than saiss in a 3 would also see us improve dramatically

Better centre mids and a proper LWB would see us improve dramatically. Our centre halves are playing well and are solid. Kilman's pace would get exploited badly in a two [as it did in the one time it happened vs Southampton at home last season] unless we signed an absolute worldie to support and lead the way.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Better centre mids and a proper LWB would see us improve dramatically. Our centre halves are playing well and are solid. Kilman's pace would get exploited badly in a two [as it did in the one time it happened vs Southampton at home last season] unless we signed an absolute worldie to support and lead the way.
Kilman isn't that slow? Certainly faster and more mobile than Saiss, Coady, and probably Boly now.
People saying our CM needs improvement, Neves is a definite so who do we buy next to him? Play a back 3 for Coady means we'd have too many defensive minded players so would need a more attacking CM, like a Doucoure.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I often don’t agree with your posts, but this one is absolutely spot on for me. Sums up my thoughts exactly. WE DON’T NEED TO PLAY 4 at the back to progress.

Atalanta.:) But yes, I can understand how it became "common knowledge" that our centre backs were holding us back. It's only since Bruno came in, especially those first matches, I realised that just getting more men forward isn't our problem. Our defence wasn't overrun, we carried on conceding goals at a very low rate. But we still can't score enough goals.

Our main problem, the main thing stopping us being higher up the table, is creating and taking our chances. This season has shown it's nothing to do with not getting enough forward. We've had enough forward, they just miss too much!

Though we have gradually reverted to getting forward less - what caused it? Not the defence getting overrun - they have *never* got overrun this season. But that our attack struggles to score, so if we concede one goal, then we are in trouble. Conceding a goal doesn't trouble the top teams. Don't forget, Brentford scored 3 against Liverpool's defence, including Van Dijk. We defended better against Brentford than Liverpool...it was our attack that was a total shambles and led us to losing.

It's not "we don't score many goals because we have too many players back". It's "we have to keep players back because we don't score many goals".

Get rid of Coady, watch us drop down the table and everybody looking for a new scapegoat.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Absolutely! The wing backs occasionally are OK, but overall, very patchy. Occasionally get a good defensive game out of one of them, but this is ruined by minimal forward impact. Or the other way round. And even sometimes, neither, just unimpressive all round. Wing backs play a vital role in a 3-4-3. It needs something more than "OK" from your wing backs to really stamp authority on a game, as we saw in those first 2 seasons. We need Jonny back!

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman isn't that slow? Certainly faster and more mobile than Saiss, Coady, and probably Boly now.

Yeah I never got this view he's slow? I think initially he looked a little slow but I don't think he was athletic when he first broke in the first team... unsurprising considering he was playing non league football before us but as he has built up athleticism he seems an okay pace to me. No speedster but covers the ground well and faster than our other CBs (unless Mosquera becomes a regular) and no slower than many decent CBs who play in a 2 CB system in the PL.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I agree... just look at Chelsea, I've never got the "it's easier to play in a 3" look at villa the likes of mings etc who played in a 2 last year have looked awful this year.

Back
Top Bottom