Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Coadys value

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This isn't a thread to discuss if he's any good or not. But with continuing reports of Nuno wanting him wherever he turns up, whether clickbait or not, how much should we charge Nuno's new team? His value on Transfermarkt I'd £22.5m, but surely if this deal was to go ahead we really have to be pulling down the pants of any bidder! Otherwise he stays. How much do people think we should ask for him?

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was just reading a report on Nuno wanting to take him to Spurs as his ‘lieutenant’ and was wondering the same thing. I’d certainly hope we’d try and rinse anybody that does want to buy him.

To my mind it would be madness to let him go for anything under £25 million. Though I’d hope we could get more? He’s under contract, he’s a pretty decent player, a full international, a big influence in the dressing room and still has plenty of good years in him.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

I suppose £25M ish in today’s prices and contract length. His value as a leader is what bumps his price up rather than just his playing skills.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
England international, so that adds at least £20m on to his true value.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we could get an better player to play as a CH in a back four for £20m, however his leadership adds a bit of extra value to us so I'd say £22.5m is reasonable. Whether we get a "Neto" or "Cutrone" as a replacement is more important than a couple of million either way. I think given his fairly unique role there will be few takers at anything like £22.5m, though clearly if Nuno goes to Spurs that makes one potential suitor.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
25m is probably around his correct value..... He is in the England squad at a major tournament..... All of the squad are minimum 20m........but if I was wolves and nuno at spurs wanted him I would insist on no less than 30/35m......cause if nuno values him so highly he should have to cough up for it....

Last edited:

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think Coady is invaluable as a leader, captain & ambassador for the club. Watching England vs Scotland it was clear that there was no real captain/leader on the pitch.
Ben White is five years younger and Arsenal are willing to pay £50m. Does he have Coady's leadership qualities? No.
So we'll start the bidding at £30m, thank you very much

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think £25m is a fair price, but as its Spurs not a penny under £40m

Seriously, Coady is a far better player than people give him credit for. I bet he will be better still after training with England during the summer.

Even for £25m I really don't want to lose him. He is a big voice and a fantastic leader, but more to the point really hard to replace the complete package - that's why Nuno wants him. With the right two players along side him in a 3 he would be fantastic addition to Spurs.

I really doubt Jeff/Fosun/Bruno really want to completely gut this side. Losing Adama, Neves, Patricio, Moutinho, and potentially Coady would be a massive blow - possibly terminal for our Premier league survival if you ask me.

That lot might get you £100m plus Mir, Cutrone, Vinagre etc we might see £120m. It is a serious chunk of change, maybe they do believe the market represents a buying opportunity?

Real expert investors do hold cash (or bonds) solely for times of stock market crashes - is the the strategy Jeff is using?

Whatever happens I hope Coady stays, but if Spurs come calling I can't see it.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was just reading a report on Nuno wanting to take him to Spurs as his ‘lieutenant’ and was wondering the same thing. I’d certainly hope we’d try and rinse anybody that does want to buy him.

To my mind it would be madness to let him go for anything under £25 million. Though I’d hope we could get more? He’s under contract, he’s a pretty decent player, a full international, a big influence in the dressing room and still has plenty of good years in him.
I’m not looking to sell him either, but to answer the OP, I agree that £25m+ would be fair considering his age, leadership, international role and decent skills. If Lage has another “lieutenant” in mind for the team, and Nuno goes to Spurs and wants Coady to follow him, then it’s probably in everyone’s interests to make it happen if the price is right for Wolves.

But I would be looking for £30m+ if the club were approached but were not actively looking to sell. He would be missed.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d sell Coady for whatever it takes to get Tarkowski who is entering the last year of his contract so all last years talk of £40m is tripe now. Much better player for what we need right now a solid CB able to play in a 2.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think £25m is a fair price, but as its Spurs not a penny under £40m

Seriously, Coady is a far better player than people give him credit for. I bet he will be better still after training with England during the summer.

Even for £25m I really don't want to lose him. He is a big voice and a fantastic leader, but more to the point really hard to replace the complete package - that's why Nuno wants him. With the right two players along side him in a 3 he would be fantastic addition to Spurs.

I really doubt Jeff/Fosun/Bruno really want to completely gut this side. Losing Adama, Neves, Patricio, Moutinho, and potentially Coady would be a massive blow - possibly terminal for our Premier league survival if you ask me.

That lot might get you £100m plus Mir, Cutrone, Vinagre etc we might see £120m. It is a serious chunk of change, maybe they do believe the market represents a buying opportunity?

Real expert investors do hold cash (or bonds) solely for times of stock market crashes - is the the strategy Jeff is using?

Whatever happens I hope Coady stays, but if Spurs come calling I can't see it.
Honestly I think Coady is worse since he made the England squad he takes far more chances now trying to pass/dribble/control the ball out of trouble and gets caught. Never did that pre England. I definitely take your point regards his dressing room influence tho. Needs a big character to come in if he goes. A Tarkowski type leader.

Last edited:

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Guess we'll see if he is bonded to Wolves or Nuno. In playing terms he's worth £30m easily, as long as the team he's going to are going to play the system that suits him. Otherwise it's like buying Doc and moaning he can't play in a 4.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He never gets injured! That must add10 mil to his value!

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think most people have got similar thoughts to me. £25ish for a non Nuno team, but if Nuno wants him £35m+ for me.

Not saying I want to sell him though, I think he brings more than just playing skills to the team that can't easily be replaced!

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
24m at end of first season on football manager so that must be right

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a player 15 million.
As an English player 35 million.
If Maguire cost 80, then 100 million.
If its to Spurs, double it. ;)
To Wolves as a leader especially if we lose a lot of experienced players, priceless.
So, a real conundrum.
But, as we don't really need to sell, should price accordingly.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know he is alot younger and they are buying for potential aswell but if Ben White goes to Arsenal for 50 million I can't see why we can't look for around 30 million atleast tbh...

When you look at the prices of some of the other deals in the league think we on here under value our players at times....

With all the changes going on at Wolves at the moment think losing Coady would be a big blow gives you so much on and off the pitch....

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Two different things to consider when it comes to value.
-The price we could get for the player
-The price it will take to replace the player.

We could probably get 18-25 for him. And bump that up to 30 if Spurs are daft enough to let it be known as a priority.

As a defender we could replace him for 18-25. But everything else he brings to the team would cost 40 million plus.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He can only play in a back five, so probably £10m.

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't Mings go for 20m without a cap?

That has to put Coady at around the £25m mark.

StraightToPopworld

Reaction score
Surely Nuno goes straight to 4 at the back with Spurs, otherwise he’ll get caught in the same spiral he did here?

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
I appreciate this is a conversation about his transfer value, but what’s his value to the team worth?

He’s our leader and captain. The most vocal player on the pitch and in training. He represents our club with huge pride.

Who can replace him? If Neves and Moutinho also go, who in our squad could do his job? No one. So you’d need to buy an experienced, proven defender and captain and that would cost upwards of £50m.

Selling him now would be suicidal IMO.

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I appreciate this is a conversation about his transfer value, but what’s his value to the team worth?

He’s our leader and captain. The most vocal player on the pitch and in training. He represents our club with huge pride.

Who can replace him? If Neves and Moutinho also go, who in our squad could do his job? No one. So you’d need to buy an experienced, proven defender and captain and that would cost upwards of £50m.

Selling him now would be suicidal IMO.
I want him to stay. I think he'll be a vital element of consistency as we bring in the new guard. If he has no worth as a squad player put him through his coaching badges. Whatever it takes, he's that important.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Kane goes, then 20-22 mil for a decent player and future captain would be good business for Spurs. But I don't think he's worth any more than that.
Also I don't accept that you add 10mil to a players value just because he's in an international squad.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If Kane goes, then 20-22 mil for a decent player and future captain would be good business for Spurs. But I don't think he's worth any more than that.
Also I don't accept that you add 10mil to a players value just because he's in an international squad.
Maybe but other teams add on for internationals, especially English ones.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd say that £25 million is probably a fair price based on his abilities alone. However, when you factor in his importance to Wolves due to his leadership, the club should be looking for £30 million plus and making other teams pay a premium if they want him.

Has_Talisca_Signed

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sorry guys but I’m Coadys least biggest fan, and would drive him to Spurs for free.
Get a dominant, fast, ball playing CB next to Boly or another and we go for next season.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd sell him for £15m if Lage is playing a back four.

If he's planning on using a three, then you'd have to say double that.

Providing, as expected, we do go with a four, it all depends on your view as to whether Coady is good enough to play in that role. If he is, then you can demand a bigger fee. If, like me, you have concerns, then you sell sharpish as his stock won't get any higher. Who is going to buy Coady for any sort of fee if he's not playing?

I also think you're exclusively looking for clubs who play a back three, which narrows it down a lot. I don't think many Premier League clubs take him as a defender in a four.

I genuinely think that if Nuno doesn't take Coady with him he will be a problem for us in the long run, in the sense that he's got a contract until 2025 and we'd struggle to get anyone to take him on the wages he will be on.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's worth about £20m-£25m as a player. Have that guaranteed and maybe a £10m add on if whoever he goes to qualifies for the CL or wins a cup etc

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
25m is probably around his correct value..... He is in the England squad at a major tournament..... All of the squad are minimum 20m........but if I was wolves and nuno at spurs wanted him I would insist on no less than 30/35m......cause if nuno values him so highly he should have to cough up for it....
I always look on how much would it cost to replace him,or other regular team players, we seem hell bent on buying players for the future, We need the likes of theCoady's etc for the NOW, not 3 years time,

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of you lot seem to undervalue our players a fair bit. What they are probably worth and what we should be looking to get for them are two different things. Coady is a 30 million pound player in this market. Doesnt matter if he cant play in a 4 or not. In the role he has mainly played for us, he has been quality generally and is an England player. 30 million is about right.

Back
Top Bottom